****December 2020 Thread****

OH I love this idea! How fun! My girls are young enough for that too. We're planning on doing a scavenger hunt as well and the end gift is their magic bands and shirt that says "I can't keep calmI'm going to Disney!"

Keeping it a secret is going to be impossible especially because they've always known before when we're going so I'm used to sharing the plans we're making! :P .
YES!!! It is so hard because our kids love the planning part too. However, I think they will love getting this surprise since it will be a over a year since they have been to Disney World. We all miss it so much!

I hope your surprise goes off great too!

I have cancelled one of two rooms I had booked. Playing with plans, might cancel or reduce the number of days on the second room.

Cancelled room was Club Level, and it seems very likely they have no plans on re-opening services in 2020 due to restrictions, particularly at Jambo where the hotel side is completely shut down still.

Same to you!
YES!!! It is so hard because our kids love the planning part too. However, I think they will love getting this surprise since it will be a over a year since they have been to Disney World. We all miss it so much!

I hope your surprise goes off great too!

Dec 6-13 at Yacht Club! Our first holiday season visit, first time at YC. And this is my first post!
Kind of nervous because of all the changes and Covid--we're all big planners, and our plans have gone out the window a few times, like which hotel we are staying at, where we'll eat, everything. But I just want to be there!

OH I love this idea! How fun! My girls are young enough for that too. We're planning on doing a scavenger hunt as well and the end gift is their magic bands and shirt that says "I can't keep calmI'm going to Disney!"

Keeping it a secret is going to be impossible especially because they've always known before when we're going so I'm used to sharing the plans we're making! :P .
Last January, after a cruise was cancelled due to my father's health problems, we surprised our then-12 year old with a long weekend. She's the "chief planner" in our family, so I wasn't sure how she'd take the surprise, but she just leaned into the couch and sobbed and kept saying "Are you serious?" It was the best trip, and so different from our other ones in a fun way.

We'll be there Dec 1-6 at the Swan. We've never stayed at the Swan/Dolphin before and are super excited about it. We were at Pop last week and had a wonderful time <3

Well, I'm booked for Dec 14-19. Actually excited.

This has been a rough year (not counting the COVID mess everyone has been dealing with). My wife of 28 years passed away in the middle of February. So, this will be a solo trip.

It will be a bit sad without her, but Disney World was always our favorite place. Been there 21 times over the years married. I somehow think this is exactly what I need. A nice week away from everything with only happy memories surrounding me.

I’m very sorry for your loss. After my mother passed, we went to WDW about 9 months later. I had been with her many times and she loved WDW. It did help me to be somewhere we had so many happy memories together. We did a little special thing down there for her memory. I wish you an enjoyable trip and hope that you can relax and have a magical trip.

Has today's announcement of re-opening by the Florida governor made anyone else second-guess their December trip?

My daughter and I are currently sick with COVID-19 so I'm hoping we'll have the antibodies. I can't believe he did that, sounds like a recipe for disaster.
Sorry to hear. Please take care, stay hydrated and don't be afraid to seek out help if you need it. 💕

Hi All - This may not be the place to ask, if not, please send me over to the correct board. We're booked for Coronado Springs in Dec and I since I'm reviewing ADR availability, I just noticed that there are no restaurants posted as open at Coronado Springs right now (literally none). Is that true? Anyone have any insights on what's happening there now and what's expected to open there soon?

Hi All - This may not be the place to ask, if not, please send me over to the correct board. We're booked for Coronado Springs in Dec and I since I'm reviewing ADR availability, I just noticed that there are no restaurants posted as open at Coronado Springs right now (literally none). Is that true? Anyone have any insights on what's happening there now and what's expected to open there soon?
Coronado Springs was closed because it's one of the resorts that is housing NBA players while they finish their season at the ESPN complex. It is currently scheduled to reopen 10/14, but I don't think we know what restaurants will be open when it does.

Coronado Springs was closed because it's one of the resorts that is housing NBA players while they finish their season at the ESPN complex. It is currently scheduled to reopen 10/14, but I don't think we know what restaurants will be open when it does.
That's super helpful! Thank you. I thought it was open now. So, the info that it doesn't open again until mid-Oct makes helps a lot... Thanks for the info!

Got an email from my husband's boss reminding us of the Cook County (IL) travel quarantine list--FL just got removed from it, but if the numbers go back up after the FL governor's announcement, we would have to cancel. Can't take 2 unpaid weeks off after using up all his vacation days. If everything is as planned, though, I'll be there in 68 days!!! Floridians, don't let us down :)

Well, I'm booked for Dec 14-19. Actually excited.

This has been a rough year (not counting the COVID mess everyone has been dealing with). My wife of 28 years passed away in the middle of February. So, this will be a solo trip.

It will be a bit sad without her, but Disney World was always our favorite place. Been there 21 times over the years married. I somehow think this is exactly what I need. A nice week away from everything with only happy memories surrounding me.
So sorry about your wife. I hope you have a lovely trip. She will be there with you in your heart while you are there.

Just booked the Riviera for December. Going the week before Christmas, I am sure everything will be decorated for the Christmas Season. Maybe the park hopper option will be open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter