Digital Membership Card?

Can anyone send a image of their card in google pay, I want to make sure ours is similar, can only find pics of the apple version. mine says nothing about DVC member, nothing at all, just a QR code and a number. My blue card had everything, this new mess is just that . . . a mess. Its definitely not hard to accept the cards anymore. We have moonlight magic next month and do not want to miss it due to their phone requirements . . . . :-(
The card that's added to the wallet is NOT specifically for proving DVC Membership. It was created over ONE year ago to allow people to use their smartphone and/or Apple Watch just like a MagicBand while at WDW.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/magic-mobile/

We are just finishing up a trip to Disneyland. I tried to put my membership card into Apple Wallet and it did not work (as in I received a error message each time). I’ve never used Apple wallet (and I don’t want to, either).
So, before I left home I printed out both membership cards.
I was given a hard time in a couple of places when using my paper temporary card, but I was given the discount.
My sister only had her plastic membership card (she didn’t realize it had an expiration date on it). When she went to the Emporium in DL a nice cast member told her she would accept the temporary card if a screen shot was taken on her iPhone. I followed suit and I didn’t have any problem getting the DVC discount at any of the stores in DL or Cal Adventure by showing the screenshot of my membership card.
The restaurants I visited didn’t have any problem with the paper copy or the screenshot.

One interesting note. My Disneyland AP “knows” I get a DVC discount. It applies the DVC discount to mobile food orders. I also noticed that if I use mobile check out at shops, it will apply the DVC discount to purchases. (Unfortunately mobile pay is not available in all the shops).

I don’t understand why they don’t generate a scan code on the temporary card. (Or, from the MDE/DL AP).

We are just finishing up a trip to Disneyland. I tried to put my membership card into Apple Wallet and it did not work (as in I received a error message each time). I’ve never used Apple wallet (and I don’t want to, either).
So, before I left home I printed out both membership cards.
I was given a hard time in a couple of places when using my paper temporary card, but I was given the discount.
My sister only had her plastic membership card (she didn’t realize it had an expiration date on it). When she went to the Emporium in DL a nice cast member told her she would accept the temporary card if a screen shot was taken on her iPhone. I followed suit and I didn’t have any problem getting the DVC discount at any of the stores in DL or Cal Adventure by showing the screenshot of my membership card.
The restaurants I visited didn’t have any problem with the paper copy or the screenshot.

One interesting note. My Disneyland AP “knows” I get a DVC discount. It applies the DVC discount to mobile food orders. I also noticed that if I use mobile check out at shops, it will apply the DVC discount to purchases. (Unfortunately mobile pay is not available in all the shops).

I don’t understand why they don’t generate a scan code on the temporary card. (Or, from the MDE/DL AP).

I think the day is coming that there will be some level of scanning on the digital card but not there yet...but doubt we will see it on any type of printable card. At the start, before there were so many issues, we were told that the temporary cards on the website would go away. It will be interesting to see when, or if, that still happens.

Also, mobile order will give anyone associated with DVC the discount at WDW...even those not eligible to receive it...so, at this point, they haven't figured out how to distinguish between those eligible and those who are not.

I think the day is coming that there will be some level of scanning on the digital card but not there yet...but doubt we will see it on any type of printable card. At the start, before there were so many issues, we were told that the temporary cards on the website would go away. It will be interesting to see when, or if, that still happens.

Also, mobile order will give anyone associated with DVC the discount at WDW...even those not eligible to receive it...so, at this point, they haven't figured out how to distinguish between those eligible and those who are not.
I guess it is too hard for Disney IT to solve this problem.

I just finally got my membership going and am a resale member. My instructions came with this video saying I could get discounts for food at mobile orders and shopping that offers mobile checkout. Is it possible that this is a perk that resale can access legitimately? If not, it seems odd they would not offer me a video telling me I could do so. https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/membership/membership-card/

I just finally got my membership going and am a resale member. My instructions came with this video saying I could get discounts for food at mobile orders and shopping that offers mobile checkout. Is it possible that this is a perk that resale can access legitimately? If not, it seems odd they would not offer me a video telling me I could do so. https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/membership/membership-card/
No, it's clearly stated to be a Membership Extra which new resale owners would not qualify for. Once they fix the coding in the app to for mobile checkout to distinguish between DVC: Y vs DVC: ND it will go away.

No, it's clearly stated to be a Membership Extra which new resale owners would not qualify for. Once they fix the coding in the app to for mobile checkout to distinguish between DVC: Y vs DVC: ND it will go away.
That was my understanding as well before buying in or logging in, yet Disney has given me directions to use it that way. It seems like it's one thing to be a glitch that you would only discover through trial and error or learning about it online and another completely for Disney to tell you that is what you can do. I wouldn't count on it being a long term perk, but for now, at least, Disney seems to have given their permission and blessing for resale owners to access this perk. Unless they give the same video to everyone (creating confusion), which would not surprise me.

Last edited:

That was my understanding as well before buying in or logging in, yet Disney has given me directions to use it that way. It seems like it's one thing to be a glitch that you would only discover through trial and error or learning about it online and another completely for Disney to tell you that is what you can do. I wouldn't count on it being a long term perk, but for now, at least, Disney seems to have given their permission and blessing for resale owners to access this perk. Unless they give the same video to everyone (creating confusion), which would not surprise me.

Possible that it is available until it is fixed…could be that the video goes to everyone…

If they don’t want it to be something resale has, it will go away at some point, unless there isn’t a way to have it coded like that..

Hello! We are currently staying at OKW and have used the discount for DVC somewhat successfully. We went to Ohana's and our server glanced at my phone using MDE under membership and passes and that was fine. At Olivia's the server wanted the code listed on MDE to type in and wrote it down. At World of Disney, I had to use Google Pay and show the card area where it says "DVC Y" otherwise she would not give me the discount when I pulled up MDE at checkout.

We have seen some people pull out their blue cards and check driver's license and were fine. Other places they forced them to use the app or stand there and download/pull up/figure out where it is listed which really held up the check out line. Many and I mean many people have no clue what to pull up or how to find the discount correctly or whatever code the cast member wanted.

I can't seem to get my phone to download the DVC member card. I have a Samsung phone, and don't even use Google Pay for anything. We've owned at OKW since 1993. I did print the temporary card before our recent visit. We did use it at the OKW general store successfully. Was prepared for them to ask for driver's license, but they didn't .

We were in WDW a couple of weeks. The only place that requested digital was 50s prime time. The server said she needed to see my DVC-Y and my picture ID. I only ate at 2 other places and they were fine with my blue card or AP. I held up both and they processed the bill.

We bought direct, so had the blue membership card.
When I go onto the DVC website and look at my digital card I don't have anything on it saying DVC Y. It just states my name, member number and when I became a member. I have a card on my MDE app, but again that doesn't state DVC Y either.
Am I doing something wrong?!

We bought direct, so had the blue membership card.
When I go onto the DVC website and look at my digital card I don't have anything on it saying DVC Y. It just states my name, member number and when I became a member. I have a card on my MDE app, but again that doesn't state DVC Y either.
Am I doing something wrong?!

The DVC Y shows up when you load the Magic Mobile pass into your Apple Wallet or Google Pay.

Once loaded, you will see either 3 dots…for wallet…or details…for a pay..that will show it.

If you have not added your MM pass, then you need to that

Thankyou - I think I have now done that but under google pay it comes up under expired passes. It does have a QR code and does say DVC Y on it though!

Thankyou - I think I have now done that but under google pay it comes up under expired passes. It does have a QR code and does say DVC Y on it though!

Yeah! That is all you need! That DVC Y is what they look for. As long as you have that to show, you won’t have any issues

Well, I keep a screenshot of my temporary card in my phone so I have my membership ID in case it’s needed.

I’ve always gotten an error when trying to add my DVC card to my Apple Wallet, but I did some Google searching and decided it was due to not having a passcode on my phone. I set up the passcode then was able to add my DVC card no problem. But then as soon as I took off the passcode, the card disappeared from my wallet. Anyone else noticed this?

I’ve always gotten an error when trying to add my DVC card to my Apple Wallet, but I did some Google searching and decided it was due to not having a passcode on my phone. I set up the passcode then was able to add my DVC card no problem. But then as soon as I took off the passcode, the card disappeared from my wallet. Anyone else noticed this?
It's an Apple requirement in order to store Access Badges (what the Disney MagicMobile Pass is), Credit/Debit Cards, etc. in Apple Wallet.

The DVC Y shows up when you load the Magic Mobile pass into your Apple Wallet or Google Pay.

Once loaded, you will see either 3 dots…for wallet…or details…for a pay..that will show it.

If you have not added your MM pass, then you need to that

My Apple Wallet and/or Disney’s use of the digital card updated or something. I no longer have the 3 dots fo view the details. I just have “hold near reader” showing.

I know things were set up accurately before; I was able to click on the 3 dots and she the DVC Y and AP indicators go receive discounts last month at WDW.

Are other people seeing this same thing in their Apple Wallet or did I bump a setting somewhere?

My Apple Wallet and/or Disney’s use of the digital card updated or something. I no longer have the 3 dots fo view the details. I just have “hold near reader” showing.

I know things were set up accurately before; I was able to click on the 3 dots and she the DVC Y and AP indicators go receive discounts last month at WDW.

Are other people seeing this same thing in their Apple Wallet or did I bump a setting somewhere?
Are you using the Wallet app or just the shortcut from the Lock Screen of your phone? You have to be using the app to access the 3 dots and see your affiliations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter