Digital Scrapping FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid Question here! This one I should have asked yesterday! I was going to order PSE version 6 but I found version 5 for $35. I got cheap and bought it. Then I noticed the tutorials are for versions 3 and 5. Am I going to have to learn this stuff all on my own now? This is what I get for being cheap!

Thanks!

Here is a relatively new printing service. I have heard good things about them, and they are fairly cheap. They do photobooks and now they do single pages too. It's www.mypictales.com

There is also a coupon for 200 free prints in the august DST newsletter if you spend $10: http://www.digishoptalk.com/newsletters/DSTInsider-Aug08.pdf on page 11.

The 12x12 single pages are 75 cents, I do not know about shipping costs.

And on page 20 is a mega freebie!

They still don't have the single pages going yet though. I've been waiting for weeks. I'm starting to think it's never going to happen.

Subscribing.

Hi, I am a mac user and my computer doesn't seem to be able to open any of the programs. Do you know which sites have free downloads for macs?

I replied to your other post, the scrapbook files you download are images and it doesn't matter about pc or mac. I think you need an unzipper, like i said in the other post.

I did this one using one of the QPs from Britt's Merrmaid Lagoon kit... basically just added the title and some embellies....

KingTritonsCarousel-Page012.jpg

Christy....that is so cute!!!!
Where did you get QP? (I should know where, I'm sure...but I can't remember at the moment)

Thanks -- and I just realized I put it in the wrong thread!! What a ding-dong I am!!! :) I have to see if I know how to move a post....

The QPs are sold here on SM.... http://scrapmatters.com/shop2/index.php?main_page=product_dnld_info&products_id=488

I think I had read that SM were 'remodelling' their site and opening up 8/8/08 with some specials. Might be worth waiting until tomorrow to order anything :-)

BTW - I just love the designs that Britt has on SM. Perfect for trips to WDW, DL or DCL.

-Kay

CM's Storybook Creator Plus can take in images from anywhwere if you save them as a jpg and add them to a blank page as a background. I absolutely love the new Disney Digital Kits and will be making my album from my Sept. 08 trip this way. My 06 traditional bookS took two volumes and more than 200 pages! Yikes!

If I use PSE, can I open and use files that are in PSP format or these Tagger's Kits that I keep seeing around the internet? IF so, can anyone explain how to use them in PSE? :confused3

I know that Tagger's kits are sized smaller by the designer for use on the web, but I'm not sure if they would work if I resized them larger for printing...?

Thanks for the help!

Cheryl

Tagger kits should have elements in .jpg or .png format, which are readable by all graphics programs. No, the resolution of tagger kits is so low that if you print it out it will look horrible.

Fran,

So even if they are a tagger kit, as long as they are in jpeg or png I can use them to print out...or not use them at all to print out?

There are some really cute ones out there...

Thanks for your help!

Cheryl

They are very small, printing them is really pointless, they'll look really, really bad.

I have heard that some taggers just get scrap kits in case they wish to print down the line, then they've spent their money in a dual purpose. Of course you'd have a lot of resizing that way.

One of these days, I will be ready to print a book and I wondered if I should do 8x8 or 12x12. 8x8 is cheaper and fits better on a bookshelf, but my concern is this: I tend to put multiple pictures on each page. Will they be too tiny on an 8x8? I want to be able to see faces and smiles in the LO. Anyone with 8x8 have any suggestions? Thanks!

You know I have printed test copies at 5x5 and they look just as great and are as easy to see. As long as your pics are good resolution 8x8 should be fine if that's what you prefer. I kind of locked myself into 12x12 but if I were to start over I'd go w/10x10 or 8x8. Then again it's kinda neat to see my creations bigger then life.:lmao:

Thanks Wen. Just wanting to clarify: even if I have 8-10 pictures on a page, an 8x8 will look OK? My goal is to be able to see the pictures/faces/expressions. Thanks again. Perhaps I should just print a page in 8x8 and 12x12 and see what I like before committing to a book.

I think they will. Everything is so much bigger once printed then on our monitor. Do you have a home printer? Maybe print a test 8x8 on a regular 8x10 sheet or run a couple over to Kinkos or something. It would be worth the couple of extra bucks just to be sure. My cousin prints 4x6 multiple pic prints and they're always fairly easy to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter