Digital Scrapping FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
can I use templates in SBC+ also?

i need to watch someone play - then I will get it!

any friends around me???

can I use templates in SBC+ also?

i need to watch someone play - then I will get it!

any friends around me???

You can't use templates in .psd format, those are only for photoshop. You can use .png templates. I just bring them in and then layer things on top f them in SBC+. I haven't figured out another way to do it yet. Some people have started making templates in SBC+ for SBC+. I have a couple on my blog. I have some more to post, too.

Here are some you can try.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1uc752
Download them, unzip them and save them in your CM Storybooks folder. Then open them as a project or import them as a page in an existing storybook. Someone I know on another board made these. She has more and I will post the links to those later! Give them a try!

I just do not know PSE yet- OR SBC+ enough to do this--- I was trying to change a paper last night in SBC --- and ugh! I gave up!

August 8th my consultant is having a crop so I will go with my lap top and get her to show me some stuff.

I can use print shop 22 - with no problems at all... but I know the tools...
I just need to be shown and then I can take off I suppose...

thank you for these-- I'll come back to them when I have learned!

(sad! :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 )

I just do not know PSE yet- OR SBC+ enough to do this--- I was trying to change a paper last night in SBC --- and ugh! I gave up!

August 8th my consultant is having a crop so I will go with my lap top and get her to show me some stuff.

Emerson -- there are three 30 minute little video training things on the CM site that will basically teach you everything you need to know to make great pages in SBC+. You can find them here: http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/chris...d=&productId=&itemSku=&act=&selectedCategory=

You just click and watch. I actually watched the 3rd one last night and leaned a couple new things. They are really helpful.

Emerson -- there are three 30 minute little video training things on the CM site that will basically teach you everything you need to know to make great pages in SBC+. You can find them here: http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/chris...d=&productId=&itemSku=&act=&selectedCategory=

You just click and watch. I actually watched the 3rd one last night and leaned a couple new things. They are really helpful.

I started to watch one one night- and got so anxious!
I will watch them again--- I do learn best by being shown not reading...
I can not wait to learn how to use those templates in PSE! oh this is so fun!!!!!

Hello!

In SBC+ choose the element that you want to change and go to the Tools ribbon and go to paper - if you use the drop down arrow - it will access your paper in your CM Kits and My Stuff and choose on and it will convert your element to that paper.

I hope that helps. :)

Help please, all you digi gurus :worship: :worship: and godesses, :worship: :worship:

I am new to scrapbooking and wanted to go toward digi-scrapbooking because I don't have the space for all that paper/embellishments etc.

I have PSE 4 and I have downloaded a couple of freebie kits to try and play around with, just to get myself used to the process. (These are paper and embellishment kits, not templates)

I can get the background paper up OK, but when I include the embellishments, they have a white square around them. If I load the embellishments into a seperate project, they have transparency around them. I have read the PSE manual, search online for a tutorial, but cannot find out where I am going wrong. I thought I would just be able to drag and drop the embellishments onto my page, but it seems not. I can, with a bit of effort, extract the image using the magic wand tool, but ... is there an easier way? I just feel as though I am being a bit stupid here. 3 hours gone today and nothing to show for it:confused:

I would be grateful for any hints or tips you may share. TIA!

-Kay

You don't have to use the wand --

ok, once you have your bg paper up, then open up your embellishment file,
Then, (on your emb. file) hit Control A - that will select it and give you your "marching black ants" around it - then simply right click, copy and then go to your bg paper file and right click and paste. That should be it :)

You don't have to use the wand --

ok, once you have your bg paper up, then open up your embellishment file,
Then, (on your emb. file) hit Control A - that will select it and give you your "marching black ants" around it - then simply right click, copy and then go to your bg paper file and right click and paste. That should be it :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :worship: :worship:

I knew there had to be an easier way, I just couldn't find it. Maybe we can get you a job at Adobe re-writing their manual in plain English!
:rotfl2:

It certainly needs it :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

-Kay

Newbie here...I have some digital layouts that I'd like to print into an 8x8 shutterfly book...I'm kinda stuck as to where I begin. I designed them in 12x12, so first I need to resize them. Do I resize them to 8x8 or to some other dimension for printing?:confused3

After they have been resized, is there something else that I need to do to them...i.e. "flatten" them or something? I understand that they need to be 300 dpi jpegs, but how do I go about doing this? :confused3

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Cheryl

I have done 3 shutterfly books, so I'm an old pro!! I make pages at 12x12 as well and my books are also 8x8.

Step 1: figure out the order of all your pages. I copy all my layouts into a new directory and then rename them page1, page2, etc. Remember that page 1 will be on the right side, alone.
Step 2: open each layout in your program, the original file with the layers.
Step 3: resize to 7.75 x 7.75, NOT 8x8.
Step 4: check your page, do you have anything really important on the edges, like text? if so move it in a little, especially if the page will be in the binding.
Step 5: Save as a .jpg file

Did you make the cover and spine? I get the templates from the shutterfly site for the cover and spine, do not put any images too close to the edge, they will be folded over as the cover is made.

When you upload each image to shutterfly, after it's "in" your book, click on the page and you will see some options. TURN OFF the color fixing tool, you do not want them "enhancing" your layouts!

Leave a lot of time... uploading to their site is a LONG process!

Make sure you use a coupon or click on a banner with a sale, most big digital scrapbooking sites have shutterfly banners with cheaper prices. I know for sure that www.thescrappinggarden.com has them currently.

And... if you want to see my 3 books:
http://community.shutterfly.com/gal...postId=/gallery/1/post/GMGDFgzYOW7loyZAIR213E
http://community.shutterfly.com/gal...postId=/gallery/1/post/GMGDFgzYOW7loyZA_9Xr_K
http://community.shutterfly.com/gal...postId=/gallery/1/post/GMGDFgzYOW7loyZAfpV2W-

There seems to be a problem with the Shutterfly gallery right now, so hopefully those are the correct links, I know it's not working right now.

Thank you Fran! That was exactly the information I was looking for! I'm learning by starting with a smaller book from our Las Vegas trip...then on to my huge WDW book later!

Thanks again!

Cheryl

Fran, shouldn't she "flatten" before saving as a jpg? I know if I don't then my shadows go all wonky and sometimes stuff blurs.

this thread is sooo awesome! thanks fran, for starting the thread AND telling me about it!

I'm a traditional scrapper, but very interested in moving over to digital. I just purchased the Creative Memories SBC+. Do you know if I can add any non-CM templates, freebies, or other into the SBC+ software, or will it only allow CM stuff?

I'm a traditional scrapper, but very interested in moving over to digital. I just purchased the Creative Memories SBC+. Do you know if I can add any non-CM templates, freebies, or other into the SBC+ software, or will it only allow CM stuff?

I use SBC+ (in fact, I started a whole thread for us SBC+ users, come join us!). I use all kinds of freebies and other kits in the program. The only thing that won't work are .psd templates. You have to look for templates in .png formats. Or just use some templates for inspiration and make them up in SBC+!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter