• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

Hey, just why all of a sudden are you announcing yourself to be a member of the Ole Fogies!

.....I AM an old fogie....it's official..... :rolleyes1
...no one is even MILDLY curious....
cheshire-cat-png-10.png
....hmmmm....NO TAKERS???

Lemme guess.........

:scratchin

What makes an old fogie, you ask????

Things that define an Old Fogie!

• Anyone 30 and over is an automatic member! Pretty sure you got over 30 last year.
  • Anyone who feels 30 or older is invited to join us. Pretty sure you felt 30 or over years ago.
  • Anyone who just wants to hang out with an Old Fogie is welcome (30 or not). Hmmm. You've been hanging out for a while.
  • If you know what these references are to below, and that they are NOT Disney references, well, you've been a Charter Member for quite a while now:
Magical Mystery Tour
Marmalade skies
Magic Carpet Ride

Pretty sure you know all these references.
  • Anyone eligible for an AARP membership (at 50 years & up) is automatically a Senior Veteran member. :scratchin Pretty sure it would be impolite of me to ask if you qualify for AARP membership.
  • ALL newbies welcome! We were in the middle of planning a trip to Disney, bringing soft foods, adult diapers, planning naps, Early Bird Special meal stops, etc. We just don’t remember when we’re supposed to be going next.
We're in the middle of lockdown. So planning a trip to Disney would have to be for the year whenever. But it is possible........

💡 I know!!

You're on soft foods, adult diapers (congrats and commiserations on this one), and you're actually taking naps!

Am I right? Am I right? Am I right?

popcorn::

princess::upsidedow

Hi everyone! No one has guess it yet. I suppose I can tell you that if you go over to the game forum AND find the reference, you will know.

Stay safe everyone!!

A very infrequent Disboarder, but my good friend, Patricia Pook, had a heart attack on Saturday. However, good news, she received two more stents ( had heart attack in 2004) AND will be going home today.

Here she is, ( with Tom, my DH) at the flag retreat ceremony In MK. Patricia is a 20 year Air Force Veteran. Tom was in the Marine Reserves.

Last edited:

Lemme guess.........

:scratchin

What makes an old fogie, you ask????

Things that define an Old Fogie!

💡 I know!!

You're on soft foods, adult diapers (congrats and commiserations on this one), and you're actually taking naps!

Am I right? Am I right? Am I right?

popcorn::

nope.

Hi everyone! No one has guess it yet. I suppose I can tell you that if you go over to the game forum AND find the reference, you will know.

Stay safe everyone!!

A very infrequent Disboarder, but my good friend, Patricia Pook, had a heart attack on Saturday. However, good news, she received two more stents ( had heart attack in 2004) AND will be going home today.

Here she is, ( with Tom, my DH) at the flag retreat ceremony In MK. Patricia is a 20 year Air Force Veteran. Tom was in the Marine Reserves.

View attachment 486240
...oh my....good news that she's going home! And please thank them for their service....:goodvibes

Congratulations, @kimmar067! I'm so excited for you and for your family!

@bobbiwoz, I'm sorry to hear that your friend had serious health issues. I'm so thankful that she's at home, recovering with her family.

How's everyone else hanging in? We're like almost everyone else: working from home (although I do that anyway) and under a stay at home order. I don't know about y'all, but I'm going to need some serious Disney time when this is all over and the parks are open again!

Hi Fogies,

Bobbi, glad to hear your friend is home and doing better.
Kimmar, congratulations a grandchild is a wonderful blessing.

Well we brought home that nasty virus that's going around from the WBPC. DH was able to shake it within a week, but I wasn't so lucky and ended up in the hospital for 4 days. Doing fairly well now just no energy and still a little short of breath from the pneumonia. At this point it hard to tell if it's allergies/asthma or leftover from COVID. Either way I feel like a really old fogie.

Hi Fogies,

Bobbi, glad to hear your friend is home and doing better.

Well we brought home that nasty virus that's going around from the WBPC. DH was able to shake it within a week, but I wasn't so lucky and ended up in the hospital for 4 days. Doing fairly well now just no energy and still a little short of breath from the pneumonia. At this point it hard to tell if it's allergies/asthma or leftover from COVID. Either way I feel like a really old fogie.

Yes, Patricia is recovering nicely from the heart attack.

My gosh, sorry to hear that you and your DH had caught the virus, but glad you both are recovering. I hope you continue to recover until you are as good as new! Being in the hospital for those 4 days must have been the scariest thing imaginable.:flower3:

Bobbi

Our hospital seemed very well prepared from the time we pulled up to the ER until I was in my own room. Didn't sound like they had too many patients yet. The hard part was last year a Zpack gave me hives so they weren't able to use that or steroids. Without those it seems like this has taken longer to get rid of.

....oh NOOOOO!!! Here's to a quick and full recovery.....:hug:

I was REALLY sick the end of January/beginning of February....I was diagnosed with bronchitis, but I swear, I really think that I had Covid19.....I had a TERRIBLE cough that wouldn't go away, and, the antibiotic the doctor prescribed didn't seem to help at all (I was also on an inhaler).

I was REALLY sick the end of January/beginning of February....I was diagnosed with bronchitis, but I swear, I really think that I had Covid19.....I had a TERRIBLE cough that wouldn't go away, and, the antibiotic the doctor prescribed didn't seem to help at all (I was also on an inhaler).
I bet it was COVID too. My aunt had something similar in January that I think was it too.

I walked the width of our 18 acres today so getting stronger each day, but it's been almost 4 weeks since it started.

I bet it was COVID too. My aunt had something similar in January that I think was it too.

I walked the width of our 18 acres today so getting stronger each day, but it's been almost 4 weeks since it started.
....wow.....it took me almost 4 weeks to recover also....I'd wake up most nights around 2-3AM with a coughing fit....I felt bad because it'd wake up my DH.

....wow.....it took me almost 4 weeks to recover also....I'd wake up most nights around 2-3AM with a coughing fit....I felt bad because it'd wake up my DH.
Sure sounds like what I've gone through. Once they have reliable tests for antibodies you'll have to get a test and see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter