• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

I was REALLY sick the end of January/beginning of February....I was diagnosed with bronchitis, but I swear, I really think that I had Covid19.....I had a TERRIBLE cough that wouldn't go away, and, the antibiotic the doctor prescribed didn't seem to help at all (I was also on an inhaler).

My two friends Jenny and Jill went to Aulani the last week in January and both came home really sick with coughs. They think that they had it as well.

Hi! How is everyone? I hope relatively healthy. Has anyone seen Jo, or is it Mary Jo?

We're staying home and healthy, for the most part. We have stuff to do, but that is mostly between the properties we own. Cleaning out and rearranging garages.

Home and finally healthy here. I did take a drive to the foothills to see the poppies blooming as I was getting a little barn sour.

Hi Fogies! I just wanted to pop in and see how everyone is doing.

DH and I are staying home, working from home, and not going out other than running to the grocery store once a week. It's an adjustment for DH. I work from home, so it's business as usual for me, except for not going out to church, dinner with friends, or shopping or lunch with my BFF. So far, everyone is healthy and we pray that it stays that way. It's hard not to see family and friends, but we video chat and it's at least something.

We're hanging in there, these are times I enjoy living in the country as we can be outside without anyone around. I will admit I'm tired of being stuck at home.

Today we worked on our pond. We bought floating plants, these have to be bought every year. Then I repotted and fertilized the water lilies. We’re still about two months away from flowers, but it was fun getting things ready!

Today we worked on our pond. We bought floating plants, these have to be bought every year. Then I repotted and fertilized the water lilies. We’re still about two months away from flowers, but it was fun getting things ready!
Sounds like it will be delightful in the summer.

Hi!
My amaryllis! It doesn’t bloom every year, but surprised me this year!
Does anyone else have some flowering house plants??

Hi! My amaryllis! It doesn’t bloom every year, but surprised me this year! Does anyone else have some flowering house plants??
It's gorgeous! I don't have any flowers in the house. I'm allergic to so many flowers that I just don't keep flowering plants in the house, other than African violets and Henry over watered my last one. I haven't replaced it yet.

I just wanted to stop by and check on everyone. I pray that everyone is doing well and is coping.

We have two holed up in their apartment waiting on covid-19 tests after one of them got sent home from work with symptoms and the other one has symptoms too. They won't even let me glove and mask up to drop off anything at their place for fear that I might catch it too.

The rest of us are symptom free and doing what we can to cope. In the mean time, a family of grey foxes has moved in underneath our shed. That gives us a bit of Disney magic as we watch the little ones frolic with their parents while we maintain our distance. The advice from the experts is to leave them be and not try to move them, if we can wait, until the little ones are ready to wean from mama. That will be a few weeks.

I don't have plants period. They are all in the yard. Our cats would probably gnaw them up and dig at them.

I just wanted to stop by and check on everyone. I pray that everyone is doing well and is coping.

We're doing OK, just hanging in there. I was so pleased to have found a place yesterday that does Shabu Shabu takeout, and even more pleased that when I opened the boxes of the induction burners Fran bought six years ago, they actually had a Shabu Shabu pot in each one!

I hope your covid patients heal soon, and how neat about the foxes!

Hi!
My amaryllis! It doesn’t bloom every year, but surprised me this year!
View attachment 494483
enhance

Beautiful flowers Bobbi.

YoYo sorry to hear you have two dealing with COVID, sending positive thoughts their way.

Health wise we're fine, but I'm heartbroken over the sudden passing of my 44 year old cousin that I babysat so much as a kid that he called me Mommy. I feel so bad for his two kids.

Health wise we're fine, but I'm heartbroken over the sudden passing of my 44 year old cousin that I babysat so much as a kid that he called me Mommy. I feel so bad for his two kids.
.....oh no! :sad1: I am so sorry for your loss...:hug:

....my DS flew back to Orlando late this morning.....he said it was kind of nightmarish. They only let 10 passengers at a time off the plane, to be greeted by CDC and the military. They all had to sign a form, providing info like their place of work, their flight # and airline, their phone number, address, and other stuff. If they break the 2-week quarantine, it's a $500 fine and a 60-day jail sentence.

WTH????

Last edited:
Wow. I wondered if FL was still saying that travelers from our area had to quarantine, I guess they are saying yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter