Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've said - I'm sure the team did know it was an abusive work environment. I would imagine many if not most of them are additional victims of that environment.

As for not wanting to support Dreams - absolutely 💯 totally reasonable. There needs to be accountability, absolutely. We also need to ensure that our own emotions don't result in possible additional victims being treated as enablers without evidence. There is a difference between John/Corey (co-owners) there compared to the staff who worked under them.
so well said!

It certainly will be interesting to see where all of this goes. There are so many tentacles to this octopus. From a DUT standpoint, 99.99% of clients never interacted with the monster and his departure will mean nothing to them. They have their favorite agent, contact him or her directly, get their vacations booked, and all is well. I'm not sure rebranding that arm of the business makes sense. IIRC, it is the second largest (by volume) booking angency for Disney vacations in the world. That's a lot of name recognition to lose and a huge overhead to re-brand to get the name out.

As for the podcast, that is another story. Before the news broke (here) that we are all talking about, the monster announced that he was stepping away from the podcast. And when he did, the complaints about the show and its direction were rampant. Many people said that they would not return because the show just wasn't the same any more. And occasionally the monster would reappear as a panelist, and there was a sigh of relief from the viewership. Well, that ain't happening any more. Like it or not, the Dis Unplugged Podcast is going to be Pete-free forever. Will people return? Unknown. For whatever reason, there were many viewers who couldn't accept a show without the rants of his highness. Can the current crew (Craig, Ryno, Erika, Julie, Teresa, occasionally Kathy) carry the show? Will a more persistent presence of John, Kevin and Corey bring back viewers? Or will they have to audition and hire someone completely new to the job to be the featured on-air presence? My $0.02 is that the current podcast team will be "good", but is "good" good enough to prevent viewers from getting their dose of Disney elsewhere. Maybe not. A return of John and Kevin would be pointless as they are fiddling as Rome burns and people will not forgive them for that. Plus, they just aren't amusement park people anymore and what do they really bring to the table other than 7 minute infomercials for $7,000 ABD trips. Corey has a perfectly fine on-air presence, but I think he falls into the same category as the current team. Good enough to keep people from getting their fix elsewhere? Not sure. Coould Management try to show some good will by bringing back former cast members as a demonstration of healing and positive change? That would be cool to see, but I don't see it happening. People have moved on and wounds are too deep. I'm certain that there will be an effort to ressurect the Podcast. Just not sure if it is going to thrive or bleed out slowly.
I personally think its been better with Craig and Ryno hosting

I used to hang on Pete Schiedle (and his cat) every word but sadly he didn’t get much chance to chime in as Pete W needed more time for random ramblings.
Sadly, the data Pete S left on these Boards was never updated and left to rot…. And then other major DVC data contributors like castastone and i3riviera also left which was a big gap in knowledge and experience, really felt like a missed opportunity
Pete S. started his own site. D V C h e l p . com (no spaces in url - funny enough this website name was banned and *** out). Geeze PW - worried about competition?)

All that I know....is that I listened to the last podcast and thought it was super odd that they were moving studios. But all of this....wow. I also remembered that Pete took a month off in the spring maybe....to go to rehab which he described as a kind of "tune up" as some things were creeping up. Then all of this....just wow.

I'm so sorry to the alleged victims of assault and obviously to the employees who have to just feel like they're in a terrible place. Best to the owners....it'll be a lot to get through, but you can do it. Hang tough.

At the absolute very least regarding John and Kevin, they had to have known Pete was bullying staff. It was clear to the viewers something was up and they, John and Kevin, got the unfiltered Pete off camera. Over 21 yrs working together nothing peaked for them to have Pete pump the brakes?
He was co-owner, really until this actual illegal stuff came to light I am not sure how much they could have done to be rid of him

I know everyone seems to think this is the end of The Dis and DUT but honestly looking at how slow this news even spread and how few people knew who PW even was who book thru DUT I think they will be fine. I think the Dis will be fine too just because most people who have been watching are fond of the rest of the team (and many such as myself who actually preferred the rest of the team to PW anyway)

I know everyone seems to think this is the end of The Dis and DUT but honestly looking at how slow this news even spread and how few people knew who PW even was who book thru DUT I think they will be fine. I think the Dis will be fine too just because most people who have been watching are fond of the rest of the team (and many such as myself who actually preferred the rest of the team to PW anyway)
I agree, we are all in a bubble with this info. Just today there are people on the DVC Facebook group saying they are sad to see Pete go and wishing him well. A majority of people have no idea what is happening.

The real worry is Disney deciding they don’t want any association with this, it’s just bad pr if the media gets it out. Either pulling the media passes (Disney has pulled other vloggers’ passes for way less) and/or not letting them broker Disney vacations.

Pete has mentioned Josh has staffers keep him up to date on Pete’s rants, and it’s mention Disney PR has been watching the other board, it’s on his desk for sure, the question is will Josh act?

Last edited:
The real worry is Disney deciding they don’t want any association with this, it’s just bad pr if the media gets it out. Either pulling the media passes (Disney has pulled other vloggers’ passes for way less) and/or not letting them broker Disney vacations.

Pete has mentioned Josh has staffers him up to date on Pete’s rants, and it’s mention Disney PR has been watching the other board, it’s on his desk for sure, the question is will Josh act?
This is really the only true threat I see but honestly with Pete being out completely and DUT still making them money, I would bet on the side that they keep them around.

This is really the only true threat I see but honestly with Pete being out completely and DUT still making them money, I would bet on the side that they keep them around.
True too. Can also set a bad image for other travel agencies. Though it’s been mentioned in the other board MEI travels rivals and surpass DUT and their founder has zero love for Pete and DUT so I can see the other travel agencies happy to pick up the leftovers and take an easy win.

100%? I’m not one to blindly believe allegations without some larger form of proof.
Do you expect pictures? The victims have posted their stories on a different website, but it’s available to read. I don’t think any trial or criminal charges will happen. It may be past the statute of limitations, and the victims don’t seem to want that anyway. It’s definitely your prerogative to believe what you want, but I just don’t know what kind of “proof” you expect,

Even if DU was doing $50m in bookings annually, after all expenses (agent commissions, operating expenses, etc) and the slim cut they actually get from bookings, I doubt PWs cut is anything too fantastic. He’s a 60 year old with no kids, but was still (seemingly) living beyond his means.

Just my professional opinion.

It may be past the statute of limitations, and the victims don’t seem to want that anyway.
I had asked earlier and some (non Floridian lawyers) are saying Dustin finding out yesterday about the drugging may reset the onset of “discovery.”

It is of course totally up to him what he wants to do but Sean had mentioned he had met with lawyers and was told he was too late by a hair so maybe Sean can set Dustin up with a consult as they seem to be communicating off the record as well.

We will continue to support all of them either way but as I mentioned before, the more people speak out, the worst it gets but this may be a blessing in disguise if they want to pursue legal action.

Do you expect pictures? The victims have posted their stories on a different website, but it’s available to read. I don’t think any trial or criminal charges will happen. It may be past the statute of limitations, and the victims don’t seem to want that anyway. It’s definitely your prerogative to believe what you want, but I just don’t know what kind of “proof” you expect,
PW was obviously a difficult person to work with and likely rubbed many people the wrong way. That being said, people can make up a lot of stuff when they have an axe to burn. That’s not to discredit any claims of misconduct, but rather to presume innocence before chastising someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter