DISers in Jacksonville area

I'd love to get to know other disney people that are in this area. Think it would be fun. I don't think i have any friends that are as obsessed with disney as I am lol

What part of jax is everything from? I'm in the Southside/beaches area.

OP area for us. My daughter is in VPK in Fleming Island and we LOVE it over there. We will be moving to that area if I can ever get this house up for sale!!

Any Disney trips coming up for you? We are heading down 12/4-12/8 and staying at CBR this time.

I know what you mean about being Disney obsessed, I just bought a Chamilia Flex Bangle this morning off of Ebay just so I could fill it with Disney beads!!!

SouthernBelles said:
OP area for us. My daughter is in VPK in Fleming Island and we LOVE it over there. We will be moving to that area if I can ever get this house up for sale!!

Any Disney trips coming up for you? We are heading down 12/4-12/8 and staying at CBR this time.

I know what you mean about being Disney obsessed, I just bought a Chamilia Flex Bangle this morning off of Ebay just so I could fill it with Disney beads!!!

We use to live in OP as well. We've been over here for about 4 years now.

We're looking at going for 2 nights end of February but the prices are so high I think I'll have to push the dates back. Nothing is set in stone. DH and I graduate in april so we didn't want to try to plan a trip then and there have 3 birthdays in May. I guess we could always go beginning of May. Though I'd love to go sooner.

My DH just doesn't understand my obsession either. Lol though he's a willing participant. Since I'm the planner of the family he's stuck with the vacations I plan.

I am moving from Ft Lauderdale area. I will be staying with friends in Middleburg for a month. We close on our new house, also in Middleburg, a week and a day before Christmas.

It would be fun to have Jax area Dismeet.

Yes I agree it would be fun. Maybe we can keep this thread going as our "jax group"?
What do you ladies think?

Love the "Jax Group" idea!!

An early welcome!! We just went to Halloween Party out at Lake Asbury (Middleburg area) and it was sooooooo much fun! The neighborhood really got together and had decorating contests and it really was a blast!!

Awesome! We should learn a little more about each other. I'll go first :-)

Name: Traci
Spouses name: mark
Years together: 5 ( married 2 on Dec 17 th)
Children: yes 3 savannah Connor and emma
Favorite Disney Park: Magic Kingdom :-)
Favorite TS: crystal Palace (because of the characters)
Favorite resort: GF
How many times have you been to the world: too many to count, been going since I was 7
Favorite character: mickey mouse
Favorite ride: Rockin roller coaster amd ToT

Awesome job Traci...thanks for getting this started!!

Name: Melissa
Spouses name: Garrett
Years together: 19 (married 13 on 8/12/2000)
Children: DD Ryleigh 5yrs, DS Gavin 4yrs and three little Angels in Heaven
College or favorite team: FSU Class of 98 (Garrett) & FSU class of 99 for me
Favorite Disney Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite TS: CRT for DD and T-Rex cafe for DS
Favorite resort: AOA
How many times have you been to the world: 6, I think
Favorite character: Ariel
Favorite ride: Under the Sea/Little Mermaid Ride at MK

Awesome! We should learn a little more about each other. I'll go first :-)

Name: Traci
Spouses name: mark
Years together: 5 ( married 2 on Dec 17 th)
Children: yes 3 savannah Connor and emma
Favorite Disney Park: Magic Kingdom :-)
Favorite TS: crystal Palace (because of the characters)
Favorite resort: GF
How many times have you been to the world: too many to count, been going since I was 7
Favorite character: mickey mouse
Favorite ride: Rockin roller coaster amd ToT

SouthernBelles said:
Awesome job Traci...thanks for getting this started!!

Name: Melissa
Spouses name: Garrett
Years together: 19 (married 13 on 8/12/2000)
Children: DD Ryleigh 5yrs, DS Gavin 4yrs and three little Angels in Heaven
College or favorite team: FSU Class of 98 (Garrett) & FSU class of 99 for me
Favorite TS: CRT for DD and T-Rex cafe for DS
Favorite resort: AOA

How many times have you been to the world: 6, I think
Favorite character: Ariel
Favorite ride: Under the Sea/Little Mermaid Ride at MK

Hi Melissa! Mark graduated from FSU in 2005. We are avid NOLES fans! Awesome season this year.
Our children are DD 10 DS 4 and DD 4 months.

Name: Christine
Spouses name: Nick
Years together: 15
Children: No kids
Favorite Disney Park: Epcot
Favorite TS: Still working my way through them all to compare -- Via Napoli and San Angel Inn
Favorite resort: OKW
How many times have you been to the world: too many to count
Favorite character: Tink!
Favorite ride: TOT

Name: Kate
Spouses name: Jerry
Years together: 11 (celebrating 10 years married this May)
Children: DS Jacob 6yrs, DD Kara Grace 3yrs
Favorite TS: Ohana (Looking forward to going BOG in Feb)
Favorite resort: AKL
How many times have you been to the world: to many...have been going since I was a child
Favorite character: Merida
Favorite ride: Soarin

I live in the Northside area of Jacksonville near Springfield.

Name: Bella
Husband's name: Jerry
Years married: 18 but sometimes it seems longer :p
Children: He has 4 kids from previous marriage (3 sons and 1 daughter). Together we have 2 dog children
Favorite Disney Park: Epcot for Jerry, MK for me
Favorite TS: Boma for Jerry, Ohana for me
Favorite resort: AKL
How many times have you been to either DL/ DW: >100. I started when I was 4 years old going to Disneyland, some years we used to go 3X/ year to DW. I'm in my 40's now, so that's a lot of Mickey ice cream ears I've been eating.
Favorite character: Eeyore
Favorite ride: HAUNTED MANSION! Halloween is my fave holiday!

I'm making plans to go to Epcot Flower and Garden Festival in May 2014. March and April are some of the busiest times because of spring break, that's why we're waiting for May.

My mom and I are going to the Back to Back Double Dip Cruise on Disney Wonder in October 2014. 4 times at Castaway Cay in 9 days.

Next weekend, I will be moving to Middleburg - near Oakleaf Plantation. I will be staying with friends for a month. DH and I close on new house in mid-December. I'm so excited.

My new job starts before our house will ready. I'm not looking forward to being away from DH and our fur kids for a month. But I am hoping to sneak in a solo WDW weekend. My friends are so generous in allowing me to live with them for a month, but I know how even the best house guests can be in the way. I'm am trying to have some plans to get me out of their hair so they can have some private time while I am living there.

Good luck on the move. Moving is always so stressful and especially when you will have to be away from your family while doing it. Hope the month goes by quickly for you.

My kids play T-Ball at Oakleaf and one of the kids on the team lives close to the area you're talking about. They are out near the new hospital. They really like it out there, that area is growing like crazy!

I haven't attempted to multi quote yet but just wanted to welsome everyone and yes...GO NOLES!!

Next weekend, I will be moving to Middleburg - near Oakleaf Plantation. I will be staying with friends for a month. DH and I close on new house in mid-December. I'm so excited.

My new job starts before our house will ready. I'm not looking forward to being away from DH and our fur kids for a month. But I am hoping to sneak in a solo WDW weekend. My friends are so generous in allowing me to live with them for a month, but I know how even the best house guests can be in the way. I'm am trying to have some plans to get me out of their hair so they can have some private time while I am living there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter