**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

In FOP line at 945, walking out at 10:03, with 80% of that time being pre-shows. Going for Round 2 now. As much as ive done so far with 2 hours left would say that "Sold Out" is more a badge of honor for a Disney sales exec than it is something to fear. Totally worth the money for anyone visiting DW when crowd levels are 8-10 like they are now.

FOP round 2 has a legitimate line now. Moving on to Navi after this plus beer 5. Where did all these people come from?

It's 12:30am and I'm about to get on the bus back to the resort. I guess we can consider this my official trip report.

Date: February 19th - Sold Out night.

I arrived at approximately 7:00pm and had a fast pass for Navi River that I could use immediatley. Also, I was here solo ( no slow children dragging me down) since I'm in Orlando for work and my family doesn't get here till Friday.

From 7:30 to 12:00, 4.5 hours was able to accomplish the following:

FOP: 4 rides
Navi River: 2 rides
Dinosaur: 2 rides (1 with my own jeep)
EE: 4 rides
Ice cream stops: 2
Popcorn stops: 2
Libation stops: hmmmm...numerous

All in all, id say it was a successful night, and really the only line I ever stood in was the 2nd trip on FOP around 10:30pm. Despite it being sold out, I still left feeling like I owned the place. Final note, I absolutely love the way FOP smells. From the second you board till the minute you leave its olfactory euphoria.

Would defintely do this again, in fact, might as soon as next week if the kids are up for a late night.

Our report from last night.
Entered the park around 7:45pm went straight to Rivers of Light, after the show we did:
Everest x2
Dinosaur
Primeval hurl....I mean whirl
Snack time
Navi River Journey
FOP
Another snack time
Everest x2
Dinosaur x2
More snacks
Headed for the exit a bit early as we were in the car leaving the parking lot by midnight.
My personal opinion only but I didn't love this event as much as the MK one (which we've done 4yrs in a row). Maybe it's because hubby wasn't feeling well after the first 2 EE rides and only got on FOP with me after, I did everything else alone. Don't get me wrong, I love a solo trip but it's no fun thinking and worrying about someone waiting for you.
I was surprised that they ran another ROL show during the event, I was more surprised about the 37 minutes it took to ride FOP once, hit the entrance at exactly 10pm and exited at 10:37pm. Again this is only my opinion but 37 minutes is too long for a 3 hr event. It also makes no sense to me that we need to watch all pre shows during these events (yes, I'm talking about Dinosaur as well).
All in all, I always love an empty park and AK is beautiful at night but I don't think we'll do it again, I may do MK twice next year if it's still available.

How late does the Nomad Lounge stay open on a DAH night? One of my favorite things to do at DAK is to sit outside at the Nomad Lounge and have an appetizer and a cocktail.

How late does the Nomad Lounge stay open on a DAH night? One of my favorite things to do at DAK is to sit outside at the Nomad Lounge and have an appetizer and a cocktail.

Love Nomad! It's on our AK "must do" list every visit. Last time I was there, a woman sitting nearby asked, "Is this your favorite ride at Animal Kingdom too?" :laughing:

Love Nomad! It's on our AK "must do" list every visit. Last time I was there, a woman sitting nearby asked, "Is this your favorite ride at Animal Kingdom too?" :laughing:
I'm hoping to grab a drink and a bite there. Is it kid-friendly at all? My two are usually well behaved, but might be a little antsy if we're burning time at a lounge.

I'm hoping to grab a drink and a bite there. Is it kid-friendly at all? My two are usually well behaved, but might be a little antsy if we're burning time at a lounge.
I think so, especially if you sit on the veranda outside. They can watch the people walking over the bridge to Pandora, look down at the lagoon below, etc. If they're old enough, in the hallway on the way to the bathroom are display cases (across from the Tiffins desk) containing copies of Joe Rohde's notebooks from the trips he took when planning AK as well as items (such as actual tiffins) he collected.

I've been there frequently with DS currently 9. I'm a mean parent and don't let my kids drink sugary drinks - except at Disney - and they have a Sprite-based non-alcoholic something on the menu that he really likes. He likes to clink our drinks together for a cheers when they arrive (maybe a bad habit I'm teaching him???)

The chairs outside and inside are cushy/comfortable and it's a perfectly fine environment for kids. I probably don't stay as long as I otherwise would if he wasn't there, but it's all good.

I will say the food menu isn't necessarily kid friendly (except the churos or for an adventurous eater).

Is there a general consensus that there will be after hours added for this summer at some point in the next month or two?

Is there a general consensus that there will be after hours added for this summer at some point in the next month or two?

I don’t know about consensus. The pattern with these things and when they are released has been really random over time. Disney does seem to like offering DAH and DAH based on how the schedule keeps growing, that’s about my only observation.

this info is amazing, never been but some of the events are top of our listfor our trip planned later this year. What is everyone’s top picks if you had to choose?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter