• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I'm secretly hoping they will add summer dates that work with our trip. We're planning for a day at MK and a day at Epcot in June with some family. DH and I have APs but the others need to buy tickets. After doing DAH back in September, DH and I have been debating if a DAH ticket is a better value than a 1 day ticket for MK. A little less time but a lot less crowds... :confused3 It's $10 less to buy a one day ticket plus DAH than a 2 day non hopper ticket, so basically the same.

Last edited:
I am curious to know but how do some of you go about deciding where to eat dinner before the after hours event. Do you choose to eat at mk before the event begins or eat elsewhere? Reason I ask is because I'm deciding if its easier to eat counter service at mk or just eat over at trails end on arrival day.

We are eating at the Wave (we are staying at Contemporary) at 5. We’ll be in AK that morning until around 2, so I thought that would give us some resort down time before we hit DAH, plus I wanted to do dinner early enough that it didn’t interfere with my ability to get my fill of Mickey ice cream bars!

I am curious to know but how do some of you go about deciding where to eat dinner before the after hours event. Do you choose to eat at mk before the event begins or eat elsewhere? Reason I ask is because I'm deciding if its easier to eat counter service at mk or just eat over at trails end on arrival day.
We ate a big meal at ohana at around 4 pm. It was early enough that we had time for our stomachs to settle before dah started. That was when we were let in for dah at 6 though. That might be a little too early of a dinner with them not letting people in until 7 now

We are eating at the Wave (we are staying at Contemporary) at 5. We’ll be in AK that morning until around 2, so I thought that would give us some resort down time before we hit DAH, plus I wanted to do dinner early enough that it didn’t interfere with my ability to get my fill of Mickey ice cream bars!

good point

I am doing the same. We are staying at BLT and have Wave for 515. Figure we will eat and then go back to room to wash up, get jackets and walk to MK. So happy we are staying at BLT and can walk to/from event. We dont have a park day though that day, will relax and sleep in or pool if a little warm.

We ate a big meal at ohana at around 4 pm. It was early enough that we had time for our stomachs to settle before dah started. That was when we were let in for dah at 6 though. That might be a little too early of a dinner with them not letting people in until 7 now
I have a 5:30pm 'Ohana for my DAH in April! Hoping to go into MK right from Poly and just find a spot for HEA as my food coma passes

I have a 5:30pm 'Ohana for my DAH in April! Hoping to go into MK right from Poly and just find a spot for HEA as my food coma passes
Definitely give yourself some time after eating. We went on jungle cruise right when we got into mk and that was a huge mistake. Let’s just say my digestion didn’t do so well and I rushed to the bathroom right after lol.

We already had Grand Floridian Cafe Booked that night before it became a DAH night. We were planning an MK day and just popping over for dinner and back. Now we’ll sleep in and pack that morning/afternoon, head over to GF for dinner and then go to the park as soon as we’re done. Our park tickets are valid so even if it’s too early for DAH we can still get in.

We already had Grand Floridian Cafe Booked that night before it became a DAH night. We were planning an MK day and just popping over for dinner and back. Now we’ll sleep in and pack that morning/afternoon, head over to GF for dinner and then go to the park as soon as we’re done. Our park tickets are valid so even if it’s too early for DAH we can still get in.
My dilemma was not sure what to do on arrival day. I was considering going to a park but I am coming for the half marathon that weekend. I think it is easier to go to the expo rather then spend only 2 hours or so in a park then have to go back and quickly unpack and get to a place to eat. I hate rushing when im on vacation.

We ate a light meal of shared appetizers at Territory Lounge around 5pm before taking the boat over to MK. We don't really like to have a super heavy meal before heading into the parks, plus we wanted plenty of room for all of the "free" snacks provided at the event! I don't imagine we'd ever opt for using valuable event time to eat a meal in the park.

We are going to the event on our arrival day. We booked 6:00 ADRs at BoatWright’s (we are staying at PORFQ) and will head over to the event after. We wanted to have relax and have dinner before heading to the park.

We are going to the event on our arrival day. We booked 6:00 ADRs at BoatWright’s (we are staying at PORFQ) and will head over to the event after. We wanted to have relax and have dinner before heading to the park.
That's my thinking as well. It will be a long day but well worth it.

That's my thinking as well. It will be a long day but well worth it.

Agreed. We pushed our dinner back too— originally I think we had 5:15 reservations but our daughter (she’s 12) said she wanted to be able to nap before we head over for after hours. Our flight lands at 10:00 am, I figure we should be to the hotel by noon. We plan on grabbing lunch by the pool and then heading up to nap around 2. We can walk over to Boatwrights. We don’t usually make any arrival day plans but we love after hours. We just will get a later start the next day!

I am debating what to do for dinner too- will be at AK that morning for RD (we are a park open to close family). Thinking we will leave AK around 4-4:30 and then get QS back at the WL before we head over to MK. Or maybe QS at Contempo Cafe and walk over. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

I am debating what to do for dinner too- will be at AK that morning for RD (we are a park open to close family). Thinking we will leave AK around 4-4:30 and then get QS back at the WL before we head over to MK. Or maybe QS at Contempo Cafe and walk over. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
I'm staying over in the All-Stars Resorts and my plan is to have dinner at Trails End. I think my reservation is for about 5:30 and I think after that and taking the boat back over them K I should be there by 7 ish give or take. This is my first time going to an after-hours event but my advice since you're asking I would try to find a place near Magic Kingdom to eat then we make things a little bit easier. Just my two cents.

I think either works (I'm reading this as you're staying at WL, yes?) but I might do the Contempo Café, because then the time "X factor" for transportation is out of the way, just in case there are unexpected delays or something. Then you can just relax and have your sandwich knowing it's just a 10-15 minute walk! We've stayed at WL and the transportation was generally pretty easy so either works, but there were definitely times we had longer waits for boats/buses.

ETA: I think that we're going on the same day, so maybe I will see you at the Contempo Café! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter