Disney art, how much is too much?

ScubaD

She is my Disney
When friends enter our home they seem to always mention some of the Disney art we have hanging around the house. Some of the art is definitey Disney, but some of the art is very subtle. I thought to myself to count all of the framed art hanging on the walls and the count I came up with was 13. My DW will probably give the actual count later in this thread, but until then I would like to know how much artwork others have. I did not count all of the trinkets that collect on the shelves, just framed art.:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Framed Art - 5 items including a series cell, a giclee, 1 limited edition cast member only lithograph, and 2 posters. We also have not on the walls 2 or 3 sketches that you can buy at the Art of Disney in DTD.

Figurines - we have over 50 pieces from the Walt Disney Classics Collection, Lenox - 3 pieces, Tom Shore - 1 piece

Then on my daughters wall there is a tinkerbell mural.

~Amanda

So many I'm out of wall space in my living room and I'm waiting for the Mickey's Pirate Life cell to arrive. Then I'll have to rearrange pics again.

I have the cell from 'The Great Mouse Detective' where Ratigan gets his crown and gown.

I also have Walt's autograph, although it is in pencil.

I have a vintage Mickey Mouse Club board game and vintage framed movie poster from Escape to Witch Mountain (my favorite Disney movie and where my Dis name comes from) displayed in our family room. There's also a shadow box of pins that relate to our trips.

There are framed photographs everywhere!

DS10's room is full of Disneyana. His coolest piece is a framed movie film cell from Tron.

So many I'm out of wall space in my living room and I'm waiting for the Mickey's Pirate Life cell to arrive. Then I'll have to rearrange pics again.

I can relate. We are also waiting for the Mickey's Pirate Life cell to arrive, but I think my DH has already decided where it will hang. I am pretty sure that he will have to take down a framed Disney lithograph to hang it! -- Suzanne

We started collecting Disney original production cels back in 1979 and now have 91 cels and production drawings used in Disney animations. Our goal was to have at least one representative cel from each of the Disney Classics and we have accomplished that (and then some). We were able to find good cels from every animation beginning with Snow White and up thru The Little Mermaid - which was the last one where hand painted cels were used (all of them since have been computer "painted"). We also have a few limited edition cels and serigraphs.

Our favorite is one of Mickey and one of the brooms from the Sorceror's Apprentice. It has a Courvoisier background. We also have one from Pinocchio signed by Walt.

We were able to acquire many at WDW (not sold there any more), but most have come from galleries and even some from eBay.

A few years ago, our local Art Museum used some of our collection for a gallery show which was a lot of fun to do.

Here are a few from our collection:

9488P1010003-med.JPG

9488P10100041-med.JPG

9488P10100051-med.JPG

9488P1010006-med.JPG

9488P10100071-med.JPG

9488SorcMick-med.JPG

We started a collection several years back by buying a framed character drawing on each of our visits. At last count we have 13 but we haven't gotten around to hanging them yet. We also have a nice glicee we bought this spring with Mickey and the other fab five flying in the sky out of Cinderella's castle. And last but not least the item hanging over our mantel is the 50th Anniversary Disneyland print by Kinkade. We managed to get print #1 in the largest size released at Disneyland.

Let's see. Our dining room has 3 WL/VWL lithos, and 4 framed photographs of WL. Oh, and 2 switch plates from WL, complete with the bears.

Stairway has 4 framed/matted Beauty and the Beast lithos.

Bedroom has 4 Main Street Electrical Parade color photos that we framed/matted and a framed/matted print of Mickey looking at Mickey in the mirror as a self portrait, coming out Walt (love that one).

We have a special one from a DCL Christmas cruise in '06, which I have yet to have framed.

All of this is in addition to local artists and 3 large Thomas Kinkade canvas pieces. Sadly I bought these prior to his artwork becoming ridiculously available. I won't buy the new one at DL because of this, but that would have been my favorite.

My walls are very busy.....but not as busy as Doc's! You have one awesome Disney Art collection!:thumbsup2

We started collecting Disney original production cels back in 1979 and now have 91 cels and production drawings used in Disney animations....

:eek: Wow!!! Amazing Disney collection, Doc! :thumbsup2

-Michelle

We just started our "Disney Shrine" by hanging 22 framed lithographs in our kids play room. I hope to start adding some higher end stuff to other parts of the house soon :)

We just started our "Disney Shrine"

The same term my older DSs use in a not-quite complimentary fashion for my gallery:rotfl: .

I've got a way to go to catch up to Doc:thumbsup2 . My favs are 2 production cels from the 60's (Donald & Mickey) and a framed Donald pin set.

Lots of snow globes, quite fond of my haunted mansion one & have started collecting figurines (esp. arrabis crystal & lennox). DH has taken a fancy to the mini-swords (crystal/silver) that arrabis sells too.

Slowing down lately, came back from last trip & only bought 1 WL pin.

I def. don't know art - do like my disneyana:)

:eek: Wow!!! Amazing Disney collection, Doc! :thumbsup2

-Michelle

I was thinking the same thing.

Now I don't feel so bad about my goal to have enough cels to make the basement family room into a Disney museum.:laughing:

I think we are up to 19 framed pieces now. We also have some big figs, plaques, maps, small ceramic figs, etc . . .

We started collecting Disney original production cels back in 1979 and now have 91 cels and production drawings used in Disney animations.

Wow, great collection! Now I can tell my family I'm not so crazy after all, but I think I'm going to have to expand into our areas of our house.

I have a Mickey room...and it sprouts out from there I have been collecting for about 10 years I have a few cartoon short cels. Most of the MGM gallery cels a few hand painted limited edition cels 2 giclees and about 10 sericels all about 20-25 framed cels sericels or giclees and it goes on -- trains... I have the Hartland Lilly belle and the complete consist as issued by Carolwood Historic Society and also the FWRR live steam engine and two coaches -- Chloe and the 1st and 2nd class cars and observation car from LGB as well as the Olomana. I also have a Scrroge McDuck display figure from the disney store and various other things including snow globes and watches.
My favorite is my LE Cel Conducting the Stars wich shows mickey controlling the universe when he fell asleep in fantasia.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter