Disney cancels many summer Galactic Starcruiser voyages

None of this has anything to do with which stupid trilogy they used. Non-fans don't care, because they don't really know. Fans have their opinions. However, I have yet to hear of a serious fan who absolutely has the money and would be willing to spend that much, but won't go because it's based upon a certain trilogy. Some of my friends are not huge fans of the sequel/latest trilogy, but they still had an amazing time when they did it. They didn't do it though until they could get the CM discount. Otherwise, it was too expensive. Also, there are plenty of other reasons why the sequel trilogy didn't hit with all fans, and it doesn't have to do with who played what part. Personally, I think it's fine; I love some of the characters. OG is my favorite though, but I saw it in theater as a little kid. Despite our best efforts, the prequels are our son's favorite. Despite this, we all had an amazing time on the Starcruiser.

I could see it being an interesting dinner theater type thing... a themed character dinner... drinks and an interactive adventure... maybe even remove the overnight aspect. Escape rooms and those type of 'solve a riddle' experience are becoming popular, at least around me
That makes it worth all the money spent on it.

They should just make it a regular hotel. Throw deluxe pricing on it and call it a day.

I’m a huge Star Wars fan but I got a ton of other things I can do with that money.

I still think all the good pics look horrible. I like the idea and all but it’s a ton of change to drop from the overall what u get out of it.

None of this has anything to do with which stupid trilogy they used. Non-fans don't care, because they don't really know. Fans have their opinions. However, I have yet to hear of a serious fan who absolutely has the money and would be willing to spend that much, but won't go because it's based upon a certain trilogy. Some of my friends are not huge fans of the sequel/latest trilogy, but they still had an amazing time when they did it. They didn't do it though until they could get the CM discount. Otherwise, it was too expensive. Also, there are plenty of other reasons why the sequel trilogy didn't hit with all fans, and it doesn't have to do with who played what part. Personally, I think it's fine; I love some of the characters. OG is my favorite though, but I saw it in theater as a little kid. Despite our best efforts, the prequels are our son's favorite. Despite this, we all had an amazing time on the Starcruiser.
I’ll bite. I can absolutely afford this and am a huge SWs fan, but I am not a fan of the sequels. I’m on the fence with the cosplay-like interaction and regardless of what people have been saying about how much they love the experience, I know my family and I would still have issues having to choose between Resistance and First Order and being enthusiastic about it. I don’t want to watch Rey and Kylo Ren battle it out as the finale. We rarely do Rise of Resistance anymore - generally only if we have someone with us who hasn’t experienced it. If we were given the option of Empire, Rebels, Mandalorian, Jedi, Pirates, Clones, Separatists, Ewoks, Galactic Senate - literally almost anything else, we would be excited to take on the role. As soon as they base it on any era other than the sequels, we are there with costumes and props. I saw the OT in the theater, as well, and the prequels are my favs - well The Clone Wars series is my all time fav!

Last edited:
What? The land is pretty impressive. My kid literally spent 3 hours playing the bounty Hunter game while I took about 3000 pics which I still haven’t edited though cause it’s daunting. It was amassing to be. Even my wife who is totally not into star wars thought it was pretty cool.

I'm glad you like it. Most people deem it a huge miss.

I’ll bite. I can absolutely afford this and am a huge SWs fan, but I am not a fan of the sequels. I’m on the fence with the cosplay-like interaction and regardless of what people have been saying about how much they love the experience, I know my family and I would still have issues having to choose between Resistance and First Order and being enthusiastic about it. I don’t want to watch Rey and Kylo Ren battle it out as the finale. We rarely do Rise of Resistance anymore - generally only if we have someone with us who hasn’t experienced it. If we were given the option of Empire, Rebels, Mandalorian, Jedi, Pirates, Clones, Separatists, Ewoks, Galactic Senate - literally almost anything else, we would be excited to take on the role. As soon as they base it on any era other than the sequels, we are there with costumes and props. I saw the OT in the theater, as well, and the prequels are my favs - well The Clone Wars series is my all time fav!

It’s not really a choice between First Order and Resistance. There are several paths, and you may not realize which one you are going down until after you are on it. Plus, some overlap. It’s not really that cut and dry. Also, it more feels like the baddies and the goodies. You can really ignore the timeline. If you don’t want to dress up or role play, you don’t have to. We rarely if ever dress up or do role playing. You don’t even have to talk with the characters in person. My son did everything through the app and still did a ton of missions and had a great time. He’s 17. You only see Rey and Kylo at the very end for just a bit. We aren’t that big on Rise of the Resistance either. We only ride it when our my friend is working on it. We actually like Smugglers better. We love Clone Wars and Rebels. It will probably be gone before they change the timeline. I would seriously talk with people who have done it. My friends like the sequel trilogy the least and had an amazing time. They were very skeptical, but the CM discount convinced them. We are itching to go back. My son wants to do First Order; not many people go that route. I want to go as a Guardian of the Wills and follow the Force path. Rogue One is my favorite after the original. I hope we get to go back before it becomes something completely different. We could afford to, but other vacations have been planned.

It’s not really a choice between First Order and Resistance. There are several paths, and you may not realize which one you are going down until after you are on it. Plus, some overlap. It’s not really that cut and dry. Also, it more feels like the baddies and the goodies. You can really ignore the timeline. If you don’t want to dress up or role play, you don’t have to. We rarely if ever dress up or do role playing. You don’t even have to talk with the characters in person. My son did everything through the app and still did a ton of missions and had a great time. He’s 17. You only see Rey and Kylo at the very end for just a bit. We aren’t that big on Rise of the Resistance either. We only ride it when our my friend is working on it. We actually like Smugglers better. We love Clone Wars and Rebels. It will probably be gone before they change the timeline. I would seriously talk with people who have done it. My friends like the sequel trilogy the least and had an amazing time. They were very skeptical, but the CM discount convinced them. We are itching to go back. My son wants to do First Order; not many people go that route. I want to go as a Guardian of the Wills and follow the Force path. Rogue One is my favorite after the original. I hope we get to go back before it becomes something completely different. We could afford to, but other vacations have been planned.
We love Rogue One (and Andor) as well. I cry every single time (earlier and earlier in the film the more I see it!). We actually like Star Tours better, BUT we will only go left and will beg the CMs to let us wait until there is an opening to go left even if that is several minutes - Vader, Kashyyyk, Ackbar, Seismic Charges = perfection. If you go to the right, you get Crait or Exegol, and then we’re irrationally mad for the rest of the day. SR is great because they incorporated Hondo Ohnaka - my absolute fav Clone Wars/Rebels character. “Insolence? We are pirates. We don’t even know what that means!”

No, "most people" do not. Maybe most hardcore Star Wars fans who post things on the Internet do, but that's a very small subsection of "people."

I have a couple of issues with SWGE myself, but I still think it's pretty great and have a good time there.
Super fans are always the hardest to please. Actually you will never please them fully. And also negativity in the net gets u likes and views way more than being positive I feel so you got that too.

I like it. I see nothing wrong with it but I’m easy to please in general.

Super fans are always the hardest to please. Actually you will never please them fully. And also negativity in the net gets u likes and views way more than being positive I feel so you got that too.

That's when you know a franchise has truly become successful - when the fans hate everything about it! 🤣

I say it all the time - if the Internet had been around in 1980 there might not even have been a third movie.

I personally have a very low opinion of the TV shows, don't engage with them, and know others who feel the same way. But I don't go around claiming that most people hate them, or that people who don't hate them don't qualify as fans

Last edited:
I say it all the time - if the Internet had been around in 1980 there might not even have been a third movie.

I personally have a very low opinion of the TV shows, don't engage with them, and know others who feel the same way. But I don't go around claiming that most people hate them, or that people who don't hate them don't qualify as fans
My dad, upon seeing The Last Jedi, remarked that it felt very similar to Empire Strikes Back. And he remembers people hating Empire when it came out. (He was 17 at the time.) Of course, now everyone will claim they loved it from day one, no one would admit to disliking it.

I’m a huge SWs fan, but I don’t love all SWs. However, I never yuck anyone else’s yum. I’m not going to zap someone else’s enjoyment just because it isn’t my cup of tea…because I’m an adult. I don’t get people’s need to do that. SWs is for everyone. Let everyone have it the way they want it. Walk on by those things that don’t bring you joy.

Edited to say, I mostly mean act like a complete clod about things not to your liking on other forums, like Twitter. That place is a SW cesspool.

Last edited:
Starcuriser is a different story. The pricing was indeed out of control. I hear that people who have actually done though thought it was excellent, but still. A regular Star Wars themed hotel would have been more sustainable.
Seconded. GS was priced too much like a luxury hotel, but the size of the cabins, lack of natural light and a swimming pool - and the fact you're transported to GS in a back of what is basically a dressed-up Luton van - makes it feel like His Majesty's Prison Service had a hand in designing the experience. It would be far better to have a mid or high range Star Wars hotel with proper rooms and a swimming pool than what is effectively an enclosed flight simulator with the experience of a correctional facility.

I liked the original Star Wars movies but then got lost in them moving forward/backward in time and couldn't keep track of all of the various new characters. Honestly, all movies eventually run out of new idea for sequels and that is usually the end of the continuing series. There are only so many ways to pitch that good vs. evil theme.

The Star Wars hotel (which is what this thread is about) is the most expensive on the property and I think there are probably only so many avid Star Wars fans where money is no object who will would return mutiple times. I don't pretend to know what 'most' people like/want, but clearly if reservations are slowing and/or Disney is reducing the number of days avaiable indicates demand is dropping.

This is honestly one of the things I love about SW. The universe is so immense that there is something for everyone in it, even if we don't all like the same things about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter