• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
A note about the Amex Joanna's deal...they had this deal during the summer, and a lot of the Joanna's at the time (especially in the NY/NJ/PA area) all put up signs saying they only accepted cash for gift cards. So I definitely would not make a special trip down there, especially if it is only 5 off 25.

As to the ebay bucks issue, I can give my perspective having been a buyer and seller on ebay since 2001. I don't think most people come to ebay to buy stuff just because they are getting 2% back in ebay bucks. The bonus 8% and 10% attract people to make large purchases, but the 2% to 1% really isn't going to lose them customers. As a buyer, I would much rather buy from ebay over Amazon since Amazon charges sales tax and ebay doesn't. (Just as an aside, the CEO of Amazon, Jeff Bezos, was totally against an online tax until Amazon started opening warehouses and had to start charging the tax and then he did a 180 and was totally for the tax - talk about a total hypocrite.)

From the seller side, I absolutely will not sell on Amazon because they force sellers to take returns if the buyer changes their minds. I sell brand new laptops - if a buyer uses it for 3 days and then decides he doesn't want it, I can't just take it back and sell it new anymore. I have to sell it used and it loses 25% of its value. Amazon has lost a lot of its sellers because of that. Ebay is not perfect but it is light years ahead of Amazon from a sellers side IMHO.

Yes, you can set up an account on DisneyGiftCard .com and combine up to $1,000 per gift card. You can store up to 5 cards in your account at one time. Deleting a gift card from your account does not delete value from your gift card.
Thanks everyone!! Will they combine my three cards onto one of the cards I have in my hand? Or do they combine them onto a Disney card that will be sent to me in the mail? Because I only have two weeks before I leave for my trip

Thanks everyone!! Will they combine my three cards onto one of the cards I have in my hand? Or do they combine them onto a Disney card that will be sent to me in the mail? Because I only have two weeks before I leave for my trip

You'll select one of your cards (that you already have) as your "Primary Card" and all transferred balances will go onto that card.

You'll select one of your cards (that you already have) as your "Primary Card" and all transferred balances will go onto that card.
I thought you needed a variable amount card to do this. By variable amount I mean a card that says something like $15-$1000 and you pick the amount you want to put on it. It sounds like you are saying you can take a set domination, say $50, card and add amounts beyond $50. Or am I misunderstanding?

I thought you needed a variable amount card to do this. By variable amount I mean a card that says something like $15-$1000 and you pick the amount you want to put on it. It sounds like you are saying you can take a set domination, say $50, card and add amounts beyond $50. Or am I misunderstanding?

Nope. You can totally use one of the set amount Disney Gift Cards as your Primary Card and transfer funds on to it. The first card you enter into your account will be set as your Primary Card by default, but you can set any card you enter in as your primary.

The Disney card I bought today is a variable amount card so no worries for me. I bought the $100 card at Shoprite today and received a coupon for $20 off my groceries starting this Sunday. I will be using my neighbors and my Mothers price plus cards to buy 2 more since the offer is one per price plus card:) Might even go for a fourth card!!

It can be any disney gc regardless of set amount or variable. I do it all the time & love that they finally let us combine them.

I received an email from BJ's with a coupon for $10 off my next shopping trip in store of $100+. The only exclusions it lists are gas, tobacco, and alcohol. So does this mean that it would work on gift cards? Has anyone had experience with this?

I received an email from BJ's with a coupon for $10 off my next shopping trip in store of $100+. The only exclusions it lists are gas, tobacco, and alcohol. So does this mean that it would work on gift cards? Has anyone had experience with this?

I received a mailer coupon with $5 off $50 with the same exclusions. I'm planning on buying a $50 disney and some filler. It should work since it doesn't state NO GIFT CARDS.

Try registering it first. That has worked for me in the past when running a gift card as credit.

I opened the amex gc I bought and was going to register it but there's no way to register it. There's no code or anything. They list a website you can go to in order to check a balance but that's all. I went through those steps and it just asked for the card number and the 3 digit code and then popped up with where the card was loaded and the balance on it.

I opened the amex gc I bought and was going to register it but there's no way to register it. There's no code or anything. They list a website you can go to in order to check a balance but that's all. I went through those steps and it just asked for the card number and the 3 digit code and then popped up with where the card was loaded and the balance on it.

That is how mine was too. I wonder if there are different kinds, and I (and maybe you) bought the wrong one. I know mine said on it that it was a 'Gift Card' and was not a 'debit or credit card'. My grocery store, Kroger-chain, does not allow GC to GC purchases so that is why it wouldn't work when I tried to buy a GC with it. This is what mine looked like:
viewallcards-gift-gold-amber.png

That is how mine was too. I wonder if there are different kinds, and I (and maybe you) bought the wrong one. I know mine said on it that it was a 'Gift Card' and was not a 'debit or credit card'. My grocery store, Kroger-chain, does not allow GC to GC purchases so that is why it wouldn't work when I tried to buy a GC with it. This is what mine looked like:
viewallcards-gift-gold-amber.png

What CO area are you? Just curious, as I'm North Denver... When I bought the Visa with my AMEX it confused the cashier, and he looked at my Amex gift card, and didn't say anything, and it finally went through. He was young though.

What CO area are you? Just curious, as I'm North Denver... When I bought the Visa with my AMEX it confused the cashier, and he looked at my Amex gift card, and didn't say anything, and it finally went through. He was young though.

I am in Littleton :) At my store, the cashier tried to run it through but it gave an error and there was a manager close by so he came over and said it wouldn't work on a GC purchase. I knew King Soopers didn't allow GC to GC but since others had been able to use it, I thought it would work like the Visa ones. But those say they are debit and this Amex did not.

I am in Littleton :) At my store, the cashier tried to run it through but it gave an error and there was a manager close by so he came over and said it wouldn't work on a GC purchase. I knew King Soopers didn't allow GC to GC but since others had been able to use it, I thought it would work like the Visa ones. But those say they are debit and this Amex did not.

Hello from Thornton! :wave2: I'm going to give mine another shot today... I might pick up a few things at the store, and try to use it for $100 of the balance and pay the rest by credit card, we'll see what they do...

*******More info on the Target card discount for this Sunday came out.
You can shop ONLINE from Midnite PT to 11:59PM PT, or in the store during regular house; up to $300 ($30 savings) per household, up to $300 on Target.com
https://corporate.target.com/article/2016/12/giftcard-promo#
I need $1200 worth and I was planning on going to 3 different stores (all within 10 miles of my house) and getting $300 at each one, and then ordering the 4th one online. I plan to use the same Visa card for each purchase. Will they be able to track it? If so, I guess I could spread it out among my other cards too, but it would just complicate my already complicated plan. I do have the cash on hand to buy at least (2) $300 cards so that is an option too, but my Visa card gives me that 1% cash back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter