• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went and did my Kroger run for Target gc getting ready for Sunday.
I did the 3 Amex coupons first and got a $25, $100, and a variable load (my coupon was no activation fee for a $50 OR variable load) for $270 - total was $399.99 (for some weird reason) I put on my Amex blue cash preferred for 6% back. The 4x fuel points didn't register so I called. I was given 540 at the transaction then the lady on the phone gave me 1600!!! so that transaction alone netted me 2140 fuel points.
Also used a $50 Amex gc from my bday to get a Target. at my second Kroger I exchanged the 3 Amex gc to Target and grabbed a few extra gc on sale like the Bath & Body, Brinker, and Outback.
**I notice the best thing for me on these visa/mc/amex gc to other gc is to do a 1 to 1 exact tender. I show them my ID when asked and provide my amex cc (not the gc I just swiped). I like using self checkout as well. All transactions worked without issue. You do have to wait a little while for the Amex/Visa/MC to activate to use. I basically stopped at one Kroger on way home and then after got my kid went to another one I have en route.

OOP $499.99, Fuel Points: 4500 (worth $135 as we use $30 of each), Target after Sunday's 10% off $655 (included about $190 in free gc I have for Target) that I will slowly transition to Disney, and $30 cc cash back. Not too shabby!

I need $1200 worth and I was planning on going to 3 different stores (all within 10 miles of my house) and getting $300 at each one, and then ordering the 4th one online. I plan to use the same Visa card for each purchase. Will they be able to track it? If so, I guess I could spread it out among my other cards too, but it would just complicate my already complicated plan. I do have the cash on hand to buy at least (2) $300 cards so that is an option too, but my Visa card gives me that 1% cash back.

I do not think there is any way to track that. Visa has no idea what you are buying for $300 (or $270) and they do not care. Target cares but in store purchases with a non Target Redcard can't be regulated like that. I don't even know if they could monitor with a Redcard, but there is no incentive to use a Redcard anyways :)

**I notice the best thing for me on these visa/mc/amex gc to other gc is to do a 1 to 1 exact tender. I show them my ID when asked and provide my amex cc (not the gc I just swiped). I like using self checkout as well. All transactions worked without issue. You do have to wait a little while for the Amex/Visa/MC to activate to use. I basically stopped at one Kroger on way home and then after got my kid went to another one I have en route.

Do you use self-checkout at Kroger?

Are there any portals offering cash back on Target GC purchases from Target?

Just trying to figure out how to maximize my purchase, even if it's only a few extra bucks.

I need $1200 worth and I was planning on going to 3 different stores (all within 10 miles of my house) and getting $300 at each one, and then ordering the 4th one online. I plan to use the same Visa card for each purchase. Will they be able to track it? If so, I guess I could spread it out among my other cards too, but it would just complicate my already complicated plan. I do have the cash on hand to buy at least (2) $300 cards so that is an option too, but my Visa card gives me that 1% cash back.
I think that as long as you don't use a Target card, they would not have a way to track it. Good luck!

Are you going to try different lanes before you go to all that trouble? Last year I bought one in electronics and then went through two different lanes up front.

I think that as long as you don't use a Target card, they would not have a way to track it. Good luck!

I agree with this statement. I will also say I used my Target card for a couple of the in-store purchases I made for this promo last year and I there wasn't an issue at all. I honestly don't think they have the time or resources to be that concerned with tracking that type of stuff, but then again, who knows...LOL.

I opened the amex gc I bought and was going to register it but there's no way to register it. There's no code or anything. They list a website you can go to in order to check a balance but that's all. I went through those steps and it just asked for the card number and the 3 digit code and then popped up with where the card was loaded and the balance on it.

Yeah, its a pain with the Amex cards. You have to call and get a representative on the phone and ask them to register it. The last set I registered, I had to google the phone number. I seem to recall getting frustrating trying to get a person with the phone number provided on the back of the card. Good luck!

I just saw on Corporate Target.com that the 10% discount lasts all day December 4, while the Target store is open. Online, the discount goes from midnight to 11:59 Pacific Time. They stated clearly that the sale will go on while supplies last, which may be referring to in store inventory. Good luck to everyone!

That is how mine was too. I wonder if there are different kinds, and I (and maybe you) bought the wrong one. I know mine said on it that it was a 'Gift Card' and was not a 'debit or credit card'. My grocery store, Kroger-chain, does not allow GC to GC purchases so that is why it wouldn't work when I tried to buy a GC with it. This is what mine looked like:
viewallcards-gift-gold-amber.png

That's the same one I have. Good to know I can't roll it at Kroger which is what I was going to do. Will have to refigure how I'll use it.

I went and did my Kroger run for Target gc getting ready for Sunday.
I did the 3 Amex coupons first and got a $25, $100, and a variable load (my coupon was no activation fee for a $50 OR variable load) for $270 - total was $399.99 (for some weird reason) I put on my Amex blue cash preferred for 6% back. The 4x fuel points didn't register so I called. I was given 540 at the transaction then the lady on the phone gave me 1600!!! so that transaction alone netted me 2140 fuel points.
Also used a $50 Amex gc from my bday to get a Target. at my second Kroger I exchanged the 3 Amex gc to Target and grabbed a few extra gc on sale like the Bath & Body, Brinker, and Outback.

OOP $499.99, Fuel Points: 4500 (worth $135 as we use $30 of each), Target after Sunday's 10% off $655 (included about $190 in free gc I have for Target) that I will slowly transition to Disney, and $30 cc cash back. Not too shabby!

So you were able to use the amex set amount gc to buy other gc at Kroger? Someone else reported that they couldn't so I'm just verifying before I go try it.

I plan on calling my Disney Visa card and noting on my account to expect $2200 worth or charges at Target Sunday. I'd hate to waste time dealing with the damn fraud squad.
It's humiliating getting the decline..

So, just to be clear since I haven't bought from Raise in a long time, barring any sudden changes, I can buy a Target gc from Raise and then use that on Sunday to get a bit more discount on buying a 10% off Target gc with that Raise gc, correct?
Does anyone know if I can use my PayPal credit(no interest if paid in 6 months) to make that purchase at Raise? Also wondering if the same can still be done at Target online? I did do that last year with two online orders of $300 for 270, but checking if it's still allowed.

Do you use self-checkout at Kroger?
I do both. Self checkout is a mixed bag when paying cc or Amex gc. Sometimes on larger purchases they ask for my ID. They have to manually input the amount for a variable load. I always have my ID and cc out (Amex or visa depending on what I'm using). Some want to see both some want just ID. If I'm paying with a gc I never show them that and will show a corresponding cc instead bc they want to match a name. If it's a VISA I try to use the pin so there's no hassle. I will say that the self heckout ppl seem to be busier tending to multiple issues so they are more readily willing to just let me pass by with little attention.

So you were able to use the amex set amount gc to buy other gc at Kroger? Someone else reported that they couldn't so I'm just verifying before I go try it.
I have been able to use Amex gc multiple times to buy another gc. I think the key to an easy smooth transaction is not trying to complicate matters with multiple cards. Example:
I buy 1 gc for $100 and pay with Amex that's $100. So it's a 1:1 transaction.

How so? Is there some way to get a larger discount?

You have to read back and keep with this thread the offers are always changing.

I plan on calling my Disney Visa card and noting on my account to expect $2200 worth or charges at Target Sunday. I'd hate to waste time dealing with the damn fraud squad.
It's humiliating getting the decline..

I will try to use different card in case they do track it that way have a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter