Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can switch to the Best Buy deal you would be getting a better savings.

Redeem for the discounted $25 best buy gc, so your getting the $25 for $22 worth of points. Then you can do either the paypal or best buy again for a second $25 since you can only do one discounted redemption per month.

Print out the QR code for best buy in store purchase and get the 500 SB bonus($5 worth) and the 100($1) SB shopping credit.

Wouldn't that just be a savings of $10 ($3 +$5+$1)

I have $200 in SB. I was going to purchase 2 Disney gift cards of $100 each with 5% savings that is $10 + $4 back in SB when i purchase through their shop

Regarding Target - I've never had a problem exchanging Target gc's for Disney, until today. I was unable to use a gift card to cover Disney gc (I had other items I was buying too) in Grafton, WI...
Is this the same online? Can I pay half with a gift card and half with my target Redcard and still get 5% off?

I have $200 in SB. I was going to purchase 2 Disney gift cards of $100 each with 5% savings that is $10 + $4 back in SB when i purchase through their shop

No, if you break up the $200 into 4 $50 transactions and print off 4 QR codes(one for each $50 transaction) Then you are getting back

$9 for the first $50 disney gc at best buy ($3+$5+$1)
$6 for the second $50 disney gc at best buy ($5+$1)
$6 for the third $50 disney gc at best buy ($5+$1)
$6 for the fourth $50 disney gc at best buy ($5+$1)

The key is printing out a QR code for each $50 you are going to spend at best buy and doing separate transactions for each one.

The 500sb bonus is on in store purchases of 50 or more. Split your $200 worth of sb into 4 transactions at BB and you get $20 back right there. Plus the 2sb/$1 they're currently offering for purchases, so another $4 on top and you're almost at another PayPal redemption. If you're not pressed for time, then you can do as @momto4obkids mentioned and cash out for a BB gift card at the discounted rate and save a little more.

No, if you break up the $200 into 4 $50 transactions and print off 4 QR codes(one for each $50 transaction) Then you are getting back

The key is printing out a QR code for each $50 you are going to spend at best buy and doing separate transactions for each one.

First where is this QR code? Because i can not find it on SB. And two I would have to buy one per month right? It is a for sure that you can buy a Disney gift card with a Bestbuy GC? What about Best Buy online?

I guess i will also have to go in and make sure they have them in my store

First where is this QR code? Because i can not find it on SB. And two I would have to buy one per month right? It is a for sure that you can buy a Disney gift card with a Bestbuy GC? What about Best Buy online?

I guess i will also have to go in and make sure they have them in my store

I found the QR code i was looking on my phone and couldn't see it but on my desktop it does. It does say not valid on Gift card purchases so would that still work?

I found the QR code i was looking on my phone and couldn't see it but on my desktop it does. It does say not valid on Gift card purchases so would that still work?

Yep, if you do a search on the thread for the past couple weeks several members have been successfully doing it. Most suggestions here are from experience rather than speculation, and if it's speculative most folks will let you know.
I find that most places that say it doesn't work on gift cards mean it doesn't work on their store gift cards. So it probably won't work if you bought a Best Buy gift card, but I've bought Disney and other 3rd party gift cards and got the bonus and purchase credit.
Best way to get the QR code on your phone is to go to the website rather than use the app.

Was just at Best Buy today. I had planned to print out QR codes before leaving the house, but was rushed and didn't. Odd thing - in store, I pulled up the Swagbucks app, and there was no in store shopping QR code to be found. I had to login via Safari in order to find it.

I did 4 back to back transactions, generating a new QR code each time (at least I think/hope it was a new code!). I did not logout of Swagbucks between transactions, but simply navigated away and then back to generate a new code. Hope that worked - this was my first back to back purchase. Crossing fingers.

Yep, if you do a search on the thread for the past couple weeks several members have been successfully doing it. Most suggestions here are from experience rather than speculation, and if it's speculative most folks will let you know.
I find that most places that say it doesn't work on gift cards mean it doesn't work on their store gift cards. So it probably won't work if you bought a Best Buy gift card, but I've bought Disney and other 3rd party gift cards and got the bonus and purchase credit.
Best way to get the QR code on your phone is to go to the website rather than use the app.

Ok just got the best buy gift card with SB i will try it when i get it. Can i print out the QR code now and just have it? Also for the 500 bonus SB is it total paid before and gift cards? I have $5 reward certificate also with best buy.

The more I think about Target changing their policy, the more I am thinking I might be OK with it...but I have a unique situation.

I tend to overspend at Target...a LOT. If I understand this new development correctly, I should still be able to load my cart full of $50 in groceries and merchandise and add a $50 Disney gift card and then pay with a $50 Target gift card and my RedCard, correct? As long as my merchandise total is equal to or greater than the amount of the gift card that I am buying and I am covering the entire amount of my Disney gift card with the RedCard, I should be OK. So, the way I see it, this is a way to control my spending. If I have a $50 gift card to "convert", I can ONLY buy $50 in groceries. Then, I have to wait until I save up another $25-$50 in Target gift cards before I can go back for more. On top of that, the RedCard bill should no longer be a surprise every month.

I plan on doing this with the Target gift cards I have saved up already from Swagbucks and other reward sites. But from here on in I am redeeming for Paypal. I will also look into CVS to see if I can pay for Disney gift cards with CVS. I may look into Walmart gc too but Walmart is further away for me.

I will try my target this weekend with the gift cards I have, but I am not hopeful after reading all the reports here.

I plan on doing this with the Target gift cards I have saved up already from Swagbucks and other reward sites. But from here on in I am redeeming for Paypal. I will also look into CVS to see if I can pay for Disney gift cards with CVS. I may look into Walmart gc too but Walmart is further away for me.

I will try my target this weekend with the gift cards I have, but I am not hopeful after reading all the reports here.

I'm 99% positive you can't buy GCs with a CVS GC.

Ok just got the best buy gift card with SB i will try it when i get it. Can i print out the QR code now and just have it? Also for the 500 bonus SB is it total paid before and gift cards? I have $5 reward certificate also with best buy.

Rewards codes are coupons so it reduces your total paid. I would think the purchase needs to be $50 after the rewards code. I haven't done a rewards code with swagbucks, but when I did it with shopkicks I only got kicks for my total paid (and that makes sense as both are rewarding you for purchase price). If you can, I'd grab one of the variable load Disney cards and ask for $55, that way when the $5 rewards code is taken off you're still at the $50 minimum for SB.

As for the QR code, it should work if you print it now and use it later. I did the first time because I didn't realize it would generate a new code every time I clicked the link (it said personal code so I thought it'd stay the same). I took a screenshot on my phone but didn't get out to BB for a couple days and I did get the trip credited. Other folks who did multiple gift cards on one trip generated all their codes in advance. The recommendation has been to generate a new code for each transaction to be safe; at least each new code makes a new trip ID in the shop list. I'm not sure how long a trip ID is active for in-store shopping. I know for online trips the transaction usually has to complete in a number of hours to track back. Obviously it's longer for in store but I don't recall finding any info on how long.

Just to confirm the QR codes are each unique when printing them out? Yes, I'm old and slow so please have patience at least I'm trying to still learn new tricks!

This is exactly what is on mine too not valid on Gift card purchases.

EDIT:
I will print out and try my luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter