Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found one of the original source articles which made it clear that Cardpool is just one of many possible vendors working with Target.

http://www.startribune.com/don-t-li...r-retailers-will-offer-you-a-trade/363487621/

I agree the problem is not with Gift Card Zen, the problem is with a small set of cards sold through GCZ that could just as easily have come from one of the other sites.

I did see that program. I got the impression from your first post that you thought Cardpool was purchasing Target gift cards off the shelf to resell on their site. I wonder how many of the gift cards Target is taking in in store are Target gift cards?

Regarding GCZ, I don't think the problem was with the GCZ cards being bad at all and haven't seen anything other than speculation because 3 forum members purchased from them. The transactions weren't allegedly cancelled because of bad cards, it was because Target wanted to stop them and used the policy verbiage of "resellers". Just my thoughts. We need to see more data points role in.

And when will I have access to that $52 in eBay bucks? Do they send me a check or can I us it directly from my eBay acct to buy another target gc?
Lucky you, I was about to do my eBay churn but there is no more cards in stock. According to eBay, they will send you the certificate for your eBay bucks at the end of the quarter, then you have 30 days to redeem it.

Ok, So if Target doesn't have Disney cards when I need to cash out and pay my trip. Would it be worth it to purchase a prepaid Visa card, not getting the 5% redcard savings, and use that to pay with? At least I have the savings from the several rounds of churning, so I'm not sure i'll lose much... Just wanted to see what everyone else thought.

Ok, So if Target doesn't have Disney cards when I need to cash out and pay my trip. Would it be worth it to purchase a prepaid Visa card, not getting the 5% redcard savings, and use that to pay with? At least I have the savings from the several rounds of churning, so I'm not sure i'll lose much... Just wanted to see what everyone else thought.

You could just buy the Disney in the store using your Target gift cards. You will lose the 5%, of course, but sounds like you understand that. Does a prepaid Visa have fees? I'm not sure how those work really.

I don't think you can buy prepaid visa/Amex/MasterCard cards with Target gift cards.

Is your money is tied up in Target GCs? You cannot pay for a prepaid Visa with Target GCs but you can still purchase Disney GCs at the store with your Target GCs.

I can verify I used 20 ebay gift cards in one gcm transaction and everything went smoothly.
I'm still waiting on my ebay bucks offer...I've spent over 4k in the last 2 months on ebay any idea why I haven't gotten one or when it will come in?

Go through the checkout like you are paying for the purchase on your red card. Enter your pin and everything. Then, before you hit "Complete Order", hit the "Pay with Target Gift Card" button (Under the Complete Order button). At that point you should be able to enter your GC and check out with the discount still applied.

If that doesn't work, try clearing out your cookies, restarting your computer, etc. It should work after that.

Today was my 1st time trying to use my REDcard to purchase GCs with a GC. I struggled for at least *45* minutes trying to get my REDcard to be the default payment (it was set as my default payment in my account, but would not default to it in the purchasing process) - I tried everything I could think of. So, finally, here is what I did. I entered my REDcard info as the payment method on the Billing Page, my discount was applied, and I continued to the "Review & Purchase" page. Once I did that, I clicked on the tab at the top that says "Billing" and I switched my payment method to my Target GC. My REDcard discount remained and I completed my purchase. Hope this helps.
Ugh. So frustrated right now. I've tried everything I can think of and I cannot get the 5% to hold after I add Target gift cards! I've tried both of the above methods. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Ugh. So frustrated right now. I've tried everything I can think of and I cannot get the 5% to hold after I add Target gift cards! I've tried both of the above methods. Anyone have any other suggestions?

I have the same problem now and all the tricks that I used to try to get it to work no longer work for me. Nowadays, I get around it by putting a tiny amount on the red card (sometimes as little as $0.25 for the ruler or another small item) and it gives me the 5% on the entire purchase.

You are trying to buy Target gift cards or something else like eBay, DIsney, etc?

You are trying to buy Target gift cards or something else like eBay, DIsney, etc?
Not Target. Disney. (I know you can't get 5% off on Target, although I wouldn't put that mistake outside of the realm of possibility for my tired brain right now).
5% off shows up when I have the RedCard as payment, but when I switch to gift cards (using either of the methods I quoted in my post above), it drops the discount.

Not Target. Disney. (I know you can't get 5% off on Target, although I wouldn't put that mistake outside of the realm of possibility for my tired brain right now).
5% off shows up when I have the RedCard as payment, but when I switch to gift cards (using either of the methods I quoted in my post above), it drops the discount.

Yeah, once I realized who was asking the question, I realized you have been around awhile and would know Target would not be discounted...so I edited my post...hmm, maybe try adding something that goes on the redcard?? Are your Disney completely covered by gift cards or is any part going on your Redcard?

I have the same problem now and all the tricks that I used to try to get it to work no longer work for me. Nowadays, I get around it by putting a tiny amount on the red card (sometimes as little as $0.25 for the ruler or another small item) and it gives me the 5% on the entire purchase.

I have the same problem too. After over a year of being able to pay 100% with gift cards and still get the 5% off, it suddenly stopped working last fall after I received my new RedCard. As long as something goes on the RedCard I keep the 5% off of the whole order. It's a bit of a pain making sure I have the right denominations of gift cards so that as little as possible goes on the RedCard.

I have the same problem too. After over a year of being able to pay 100% with gift cards and still get the 5% off, it suddenly stopped working last fall after I received my new RedCard. As long as something goes on the RedCard I keep the 5% off of the whole order. It's a bit of a pain making sure I have the right denominations of gift cards so that as little as possible goes on the RedCard.

Exactly what I do and yes it is a pain in the butt to have the right amount (I have to break a bigger target gift card by purchasing smaller denomination target gift cards). My problem didn't start right after I received the new card (I had already been using it without a problem for awhile) but after the 10% sale.

eBay Bucks earned during this period will be available to spend on April 3. You will not be sent a check, you can have t spend it on eBay purchases. You can access directly from your account.

Oh, okay, interesting, wasn't sure how it worked. I'll buy another target card with that, lol! Hopefully, I'll get to do some more churning between now and then and earn a bunch more of those eBay bucks! Thx, Marionnette!

Sorry just seeing this. You click on help at the top of the screen. That opens a menu on the left hand side. Choose where is my ebucks or something like that it might say where is my cash back. You will need to go into your actual order and copy all the information then paste it in the box provided when you open up the option I mentioned above. Fill in the date , store, and order number as well as the category. If you have any questions you can pm me.
Found it, thank you very much, horse11!

I also used Top Cash Back for the first time for my eBay purchase yesterday, and there is no information listed on my account yet. If it doesn't show up in a week or so, I will open a ticket.

I've never bought a GC from any of the resale sites, and now I don't think I will. The extra % discount is not worth possibly getting banned from purchasing from Target online. I started doing this to see how far I can stretch GC's earned from rewards programs, so I think I'll just stick to using those.

ETA: Target has cheap glue sticks - a 2-pack of Up & Up for 30 cents, or a 2-pack of Elmer's for 50 cents. My kid's teacher is always asking for more glue sticks so I bought a couple packs with my last order and I got the eBates.

Yeah, mine still doesn't show yet. I'll have to keep a watch out, and not forget, lol!
I've bought from Raise, mainly, and cardpool once. I almost bought from gcz the other day but glad I didn't, now, just in case.

I just started doing it today. I added in Ebates/Swagbucks along with Ebay. With booking our honeymoon I already earned 2% cash back from our hotel which will hopefully equal like $20-25. I say go for it, if you can keep track of it all, I think it will be worth it. :)

Funny, we both started our eBay churns the same day, lol. Can you do both Ebates and swag bucks? I thought you could only do one place? Also, was your hotel on those sites or you means percent back with your credit card?

DS and I just started this on October 10 and we've cycled through ebay and Target seven times so far. Since our trip isn't until January 2017, we plan to cycle through as long as we can. We were cycling through about once a week for the first two weeks and then I got my first 5X eBay bucks offer. At that point we decided to slow down and wait until we received another 3X, 4X or 5X offer. That made it a bit trickier since sometimes our Target gift cards in transit, or GCM would be out of stock when an offer came through and we'd have to pass on it. I'm also very close to my $5,000 PayPal limit, so we'll be switching to my son's ebay/PayPal account at that point. When it comes time to cash them out for Disney GC, we've already decided to just buy them in-store rather than online so we don't have to worry about them not being activated or possibly being banned like some have. We've more than doubled our initial $500 investment, so anything else is icing on the cake.

Did you ever buy eBay cards with no discount from target(well just 5%, or just for the eBay bucks or the $100 card for $95?

Lucky you, I was about to do my eBay churn but there is no more cards in stock. According to eBay, they will send you the certificate for your eBay bucks at the end of the quarter, then you have 30 days to redeem it.

Yes, so glad I decided to do it and not wait in case they came back as when I checked again and since, they've been out of all! Sorry you didn't get in in time!
Great, thx for that info, and needing to buy in 30 days. I'm thinking I'd just buy another target gc, lol!

I churned my $650 in eBay cards into $650 in target cards plus $52 eBay bucks. My trips are in May to DL and Nov to WDW. I've got to decide whether to just buy Disney gc's at target once my target cards I bought last night get here, or buy more ebay cards again and try either waiting for another 4x or 5x offer, or try smaller churning buying 100$ eBay cards for $95 when they offer those. Don't know if those are worth it or not. I'll be watching this thread closely for how the gc buying is going at target online! Hoping no one else is banned and things settle down for sure! I'd love to do another round or two of good eBay bucks churning if possible!

Just had my first experience with Target gift cards purchased on Raise not working. It says the card number or claim code is invalid. Since I am copying and pasting directly from Raise to Target, I am not sure what to think!

Just had my first experience with Target gift cards purchased on Raise not working. It says the card number or claim code is invalid. Since I am copying and pasting directly from Raise to Target, I am not sure what to think!
It will be fine. They will refund you. Don't worry, just let them know.

Funny, we both started our eBay churns the same day, lol. Can you do both Ebates and swag bucks? I thought you could only do one place? Also, was your hotel on those sites or you means percent back with your credit card?

I don't think you can, but I could be wrong. I think Swagbucks is the one to use for Raise, but you can use Swagbucks or Ebates for Ebay and Target. I prefer Ebates so I use that when I can and Swagbucks for Raise.

We used Ebates to book our hotel. We booked through the Hilton's website for one of our honeymoon hotels (so not Disney). But we hopefully will earn 2% cash back. You can also book through Expedia and Orbitz and such for Ebates cash back! And we'll also get 1% cash back on our credit card that we used to book the hotel. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter