Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had two duds with raise. One was a physical gift card that never came and the other was drained. Both were 100+ cards. I had no problem getting my money back but it does take a little time. I want to say a week or longer for the one that was drained, but their customer service was top notch so don't worry.

GCM = Gift Card Mall; they are an eBay merchant and the same company that provides the gift cards that you see at your local grocery store and other retailers. there are plenty of other Target GCs for sale on eBay, but they are likely to sell for more than face value.

The smallest Target GC that GCM sells is a $50 GC. At $10 off, you would get a little under 20% off your purchase IF GCM accepts the coupon. I had a GCM order canceled when I used an eBay coupon. I got the money back on the eBay GCs I had use for payment, but the coupon code was lost.

I bought a 25.00 Gamestop (?) (eBay was out of Target cards) GC through GCM and the coupon was added and accepted. My check out balance was 15.00, I used paypal and they charged me the full 25.00. WTH, how can they charge you something other than what the check out total is? This was my first purchase at eBay so it was very confusing to try and dispute the charge. I received the following email from eBay yesterday:

"Thank you for being a customer! We read your question and understand your issue. Unfortunately, once the codes are generated and emailed we can not void or return. Therefore, we can not offer refunds as outlined in our listing. On the positive side, the digital cards that you bought does not have an expiration date and we hope that you will be able to use your code at a future date."

I filed another complaint after receiving this response with paypal, so we will see but not a good start with eBay, boo :(

Hmm, I thought I had read advice here that it was better to buy a card that was in odd amounts, and not the even amounts like $100, $50, not sure why, but now confused, lol!
I think that suggestion was made because the poster felt that even amounts were most likely GCs that had been purchased with stolen CCs, while the odd amounts came from returned merchandise and were somehow more legitimate.

The truth is, any GC purchased from someone other than a seller authorized by the retailer can be fraudulent.

Yea, that's a biggie that everyone needs to be aware of!
Also, I have heard of people getting warnings from paypal for using ebay gift cards to buy ebay gift cards. I did it once without thinking about it, but have avoided it since because I'd rather have the ebay bucks and keep churning....

Yea, that's a biggie that everyone needs to be aware of!

Excuse my ignorance because I'm still learning. But I totally missed this part... So you DON'T earn Ebaybucks when you buy Ebay gift cards, but you do earn them when buying Target GCs on Ebay with en Ebay gift card, right?

(If not, my planned $8 is out the window LOL)

Excuse my ignorance because I'm still learning. But I totally missed this part... So you DON'T earn Ebaybucks when you buy Ebay gift cards, but you do earn them when buying Target GCs on Ebay with en Ebay gift card, right?

Correct.

Well, has anyone had this happen. I was just about to start purchasing gift cards to pay for upcoming trip. Went and bought a $75 target gift card from Saveya. Evict card was delivered via email and within 5 minutes I was ready to purchase $50 Disney gift card from target.com. Low and behold when I put the target gift card info into my cart it has only $8.20 on it!!

I called saveya cust service and of course they say they will put in a ticket. But the terms star they are not liable for ecards!,

Then called credit card company and they said the transaction has to clear before I can file claim. But I am skeptical that they will reverse the transaction.

Anyone had this happen? Any pointers on how to ensure I get my money back. I was really excited about the possibility of getting some gift cards at a little over 10% total off!! Now I'm bummed
Did you get your $ back?

Also, I have heard of people getting warnings from paypal for using ebay gift cards to buy ebay gift cards. I did it once without thinking about it, but have avoided it since because I'd rather have the ebay bucks and keep churning....

That's what I heard as well so even though others have done it successfull, I haven't done this either. It specifically states it in the rules for using eBay gift cards. I'm trying to keep this churning going for awhile so I don't want to jeopardize it for a small return.

I think that your bigger problem will be that you will not be able to convert those Lowes GCs to another ebay GC (or Disney GC or any other GC from the Lowes GC display). In which case, while you may have saved or earned $17 on your purchase (instead of $25), you will have spent $195+ on a GC that you will not be able to use for your Disney vacation.

Sorry, meant to follow up on this post and not the one I originally quoted:
THANK YOU for the math! I can see how it would add up over time - i just don't have much of that before my trip.

I have bought Disney gift cards with Lowes gift cards in the past, but it has been awhile. I planned to buy eBay gift cards to keep the churn alive

Last edited:
I think that your bigger problem will be that you will not be able to convert those Lowes GCs to another ebay GC. In which case, while you may have saved or earned $17 on your purchase (instead of $25), you will have spent $195+ on a GC that you will not be able to use for your Disney vacation.

I don't have any Lowe's gift cards, maybe that was directed at someone else? I can't add another store into the mix! Lol. I just plan to buy Target GC's with Ebay gift cards and use those to purchase Disney GC's.

I don't have any Lowe's gift cards, maybe that was directed at someone else? I can't add another store into the mix! Lol. I just plan to buy Target GC's with Ebay gift cards and use those to purchase Disney GC's.
My mistake. It was meant for another poster. I quoted the wrong post.

Are you trying on the mobile app? All my online discount gift cards purchases have been showing invalid. I have to get on my laptop to get them to work.

No, this is from two different desktops (one at work, one at home). I have probably made purchases on raise 15 times and this is the first time I have encountered any sort of issue with a purchase. It is odd, because I bought 4 in one transaction (all of the same small dollar amount) and then a 5th one in a different amount in a different transaction. Both transactions were made within probably 5-10 minutes of each other. None of the 5 cards work. They all say "please enter a valid card number" or something like that.

Just had my first dud as well. Even though when I check it there is the correct balance, when I tried loading/using it on mobile, app, and desktop, I received varying responses of "invalid" "force closed status" and "deactivated or deleted." Raise generated a ticket, so we we will see how long it takes.

Hmmm, it did not occur to me to simply check the balances! I will try that....
.... and now that I have done that on target's website, they are all showing a zero balance. Fantastic.... thanks for the idea!

I have had two duds with raise. One was a physical gift card that never came and the other was drained. Both were 100+ cards. I had no problem getting my money back but it does take a little time. I want to say a week or longer for the one that was drained, but their customer service was top notch so don't worry.

Ok, good to know... thank you for that information!

Hmm, I thought I had read advice here that it was better to buy a card that was in odd amounts, and not the even amounts like $100, $50, not sure why, but now confused, lol!

I think that suggestion was made because the poster felt that even amounts were most likely GCs that had been purchased with stolen CCs, while the odd amounts came from returned merchandise and were somehow more legitimate.

The truth is, any GC purchased from someone other than a seller authorized by the retailer can be fraudulent.

Many stores seem to be trying to prevent the transfer/resale of merchandise credit. I know Lowes will only allow merchandise credit to be used in store. I am curious to know if those banned were using GCs of odd amounts. My thought is that even amounts are more likely to be actual GC, like the ones we earn at Swagbucks, etc, and not merchandise credit, therefore less likely to catch attention. When you put one of those odd amount GCs into the mobile app you can see where it was loaded and used, etc., sometimes multiple times. Target may use that as a flag for resellers or they may be trying to prevent the exchange of merchandise credit.

I'm wondering if anyone can clarify for me whether getting 5% off at Target.com on Disney gift cards when paying with a Target gift card thing has changed. I've done in several times in the past.

In the past few weeks, after I click the pay with gift card option, the 5% discount is removed.

I'm wondering if anyone can clarify for me whether getting 5% off at Target.com on Disney gift cards when paying with a Target gift card thing has changed. I've done in several times in the past.

In the past few weeks, after I click the pay with gift card option, the 5% discount is removed.
It seems like it has stopped working for some, and is still working for others. Have you tried placing your order and paying mainly with a giftcard but charging a little bit of it to your redcard?

You can still get the 5% discount.

Can you help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

I put the Disney GC in my shopping cart.

Put in my Target Redcard as payment method. It shows the 5% off.

On the next screen, I click Pay with Target Gift Card. On the next page, the 5% has been removed.

This is the same process I've used successfully in the past.

The only thing I wonder about is that the gift card in this case has a higher value ($300) than the Disney gift cards I'm purchasing ($200). Could that be the problem?

Can you help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

I put the Disney GC in my shopping cart.

Put in my Target Redcard as payment method. It shows the 5% off.

On the next screen, I click Pay with Target Gift Card. On the next page, the 5% has been removed.

This is the same process I've used successfully in the past.

The only thing I wonder about is that the gift card in this case has a higher value ($300) than the Disney gift cards I'm purchasing ($200). Could that be the problem?

At checkout, on the screen that asks, "how do you want to pay?", select "credit/debit card." Your Red card should default. Click "Save & Continue"

On the page that says "review your order", on the right, below your shopping cart total is a link labeled, "Pay with a Target GiftCard". Click that and enter your gift cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter