Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
At checkout, on the screen that asks, "how do you want to pay?", select "credit/debit card." Your Red card should default. Click "Save & Continue"

On the page that says "review your order", on the right, below your shopping cart total is a link labeled, "Pay with a Target GiftCard". Click that and enter your gift cards.
Yep, that's exactly what I've done. I will post screen shots and perhaps you'll spot my issue.

It seems like it has stopped working for some, and is still working for others. Have you tried placing your order and paying mainly with a giftcard but charging a little bit of it to your redcard?

Yes, that did the trick. Hadn't done it before because the maximum was 3 cards so my total was $300 and GC was $300. Threw something else in the cart and it worked fine. Thanks.

***Edited to add that in one place it says 3.2% cash back, and in another it says .4%. So buyer beware!

Last edited:
iConsumer is currently offering 3.2% cash back at Raise.

I tried iConsumer yesterday for the first time since they are paying 8% back on ebay purchases (up to $20 in cash back per calendar month). I'll be curious to see how long it takes for my cash back to post.

Jodie

I tried iConsumer yesterday for the first time since they are paying 8% back on ebay purchases (up to $20 in cash back per calendar month). I'll be curious to see how long it takes for my cash back to post.

Jodie

You probably already know this but for other readers who might come across this, iConsumer's fine print says "Cash Back is not available within the following categories: eBay Motors (including Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, and Powersports; excluding Parts & Accessories), any form of Real Estate, eBay branded Gift Cards, Bullion, and Heavy Equipment within the Business & Industrial category."

Note that you can often do better than 1 SwagBucks point per dollar at Raise. iConsumer is currently offering 3.2%*** cash back at Raise. Splender is giving 3%. TopCashBack is giving 2%. I always check the current best offers at cashbackmonitor.com.

The current best deal for Target.com is 4.5% through Simply Best Coupons.

***Edited to add that in one place it says 3.2% cash back, and in another it says .4%. So buyer beware!
Well, like I said, this is how I did it. Obviously, it is not the ONLY way. People can go through whatever cash back/rewards program works for them. I don't like websites that wait 90 days to credit a transaction and then make you wait until you've accrued $25 in order to cash out. I'll stick with SB, which credits more quickly and allows me to cash out for as little as $2.

You probably already know this but for other readers who might come across this, iConsumer's fine print says "Cash Back is not available within the following categories: eBay Motors (including Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, and Powersports; excluding Parts & Accessories), any form of Real Estate, eBay branded Gift Cards, Bullion, and Heavy Equipment within the Business & Industrial category."

That language should only apply to ebay gift cards, not Target. At least that is my interpretation.

Well, like I said, this is how I did it. Obviously, it is not the ONLY way. People can go through whatever cash back/rewards program works for them. I don't like websites that wait 90 days to credit a transaction and then make you wait until you've accrued $25 in order to cash out. I'll stick with SB, which credits more quickly and allows me to cash out for as little as $2.

Sorry, did not mean to offend. I just wanted to point out options.

That language should only apply to ebay gift cards, not Target. At least that is my interpretation.

That's my interpretation also. I only posted because I've seen a number of reports of people who missed that exclusion and were trying to add another layer of cash back by buying eBay GCs.

Sorry, did not mean to offend. I just wanted to point out options.
I'm not offended. Just pointing out that there are reasons for not jumping on the bandwagon. The iConsumer website is very new. The earliest review that I can find is from August 2015, shortly after the name iConsumer was trademarked. The "review" was paid for by iConsumer.

They don't have a proven track record, as far as I'm concerned. Has anyone on here even cashed out on that website yet?

Finally did it! $400 in Target GC's into Ebay GC's, and just bought $400 Target GCs on Ebay :cool1: Now my impatient self has to wait for them to come in the mail.. Now to decide if I should continue "churning" ... Or just buy Disney GC's with my Target ones once they get here.

I'm not offended. Just pointing out that there are reasons for not jumping on the bandwagon. The iConsumer website is very new. The earliest review that I can find is from August 2015, shortly after the name iConsumer was trademarked. The "review" was paid for by iConsumer.

They don't have a proven track record, as far as I'm concerned. Has anyone on here even cashed out on that website yet?

On your earlier post, I think you said you go through eBates to Target.com and buy eBay gift cards.

Actually that's why I came looking for this forum...I've been searching for a portal that pays out when using target.com to buy gift cards (eBay, disney, whatever). So eBates definitely pays out for you? The terms and conditions exclude gift cards but those are often inaccurate. Thanks -

On your earlier post, I think you said you go through eBates to Target.com and buy eBay gift cards.

Actually that's why I came looking for this forum...I've been searching for a portal that pays out when using target.com to buy gift cards (eBay, disney, whatever). So eBates definitely pays out for you? The terms and conditions exclude gift cards but those are often inaccurate. Thanks -

Target works with Ebates when you add something other than a GC to your order.

How do you all get the eBay offers? I have never purchased gc on eBay. Do I need to do anything other than have an account? I have been purchasing on eBay for years but very sporadically.

Target works with Ebates when you add something other than a GC to your order.

Thanks!!!

Although that's correct, there have been some recent data points that when using this loophole not all of the gift cards on the order were used in calculating the cash back. Those may just be anomalies or the sign of something more consistent in the future. Just something to keep in mind.

ebates doesn't reward for Raise purchases. When I buy a GC from Raise, I go thru SB. When I shop at Target .com, I prefer ebates. I prefer cash to "points" any time, because cash is always the same while points can be devalued at the whim of the rewards program.

Yes, ebates does indicate that they do not reward for GC purchases at Target .com. But sometimes they auto-credit your account for a purchase, especially if the purchase is not for just GCs. Go back further in the thread and you'll see a number of references to adding a small item to your order.

came back to let you all know - hubby works at lowe's. he asked this morning if he could use a lowe's gc to buy an ebay gc and was told by management yes he could. the only change the website says is that merchandise cards can no longer be used online and ONLY in the store. does not say anything about gc not being used. planning to swing by after work and see how it goes. I'm thinking I have time to churn once more with ebay gc, so that's what I plan to buy. if not available, I can always get Disney or SWA.

came back to let you all know - hubby works at lowe's. he asked this morning if he could use a lowe's gc to buy an ebay gc and was told by management yes he could. the only change the website says is that merchandise cards can no longer be used online and ONLY in the store. does not say anything about gc not being used. planning to swing by after work and see how it goes. I'm thinking I have time to churn once more with ebay gc, so that's what I plan to buy. if not available, I can always get Disney or SWA.

I have a sister in law that has just started at Lowe's and I'll see what she says as well. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter