Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really feel that time is ticking on the Target discount advantage. Either them removing the 5% off with the Redcard glitch or even worse not being able to purchase a Disney gift card with a Target gift card is possibly closer than we think.
People have been sounding the death knell for the discount for years now. If it happens, then so be it. We'll all move on to other ways to save for our vacations. Until that time, I'm not going to let it worry me. I don't sink a lot of money into churning GCs and the money that IS tied up in Target or eBay GCs has been earned through rewards programs, not from my paycheck. It can sit in a GC until the time when I actually need to use it for a necessary purchase if the bottom falls out of the whole churning process.

People have been sounding the death knell for the discount for years now. If it happens, then so be it. We'll all move on to other ways to save for our vacations. Until that time, I'm not going to let it worry me. I don't sink a lot of money into churning GCs and the money that IS tied up in Target or eBay GCs has been earned through rewards programs, not from my paycheck. It can sit in a GC until the time when I actually need to use it for a necessary purchase if the bottom falls out of the whole churning process.

Ya, I know. That is why I try to keep a minimum amount in "the stock" for churning as well. I am just really torn as to whether to continue to try to do the Ebay/Target deal and risk my account getting banned.

I have been getting the 3x, 4x, and 5x Ebay bucks promotion in the past until I started churning. I had $450 in Ebay GC ready for the next Ebay bucks promotion but was not invited to the current one. Go figure lol!!! Any way Gift Card Mall now has Target Gift Cards back in stock and I am starting to get nervous and wonder if I should just buy them now and break even or wait. Our trip is the beginning of May so I have some time but I am really nervous since I was not invited to the last Ebay bucks promotion. Any suggestions?

Well, the reason for going through Target .com is to get that extra 5% off with each purchase you make on the website. Skip that step and you leave a lot of money on the table.

I don't know if you can use the Lowe's GC to buy another GC. I thought that they had put a stop to that, but it might only be for using the egift cards purchased on places like Raise, which are more than likely merchandise credits for items returned without a receipt.

But so far it looks like you've gotten the following:
  • $5 off the purchase of a $200 ebay GC
  • $2 from ebates for making that purchase
  • $8 in ebay bucks for making that purchase
  • Another $2 from ebates for buying $200 in Lowes GCs on ebay
  • Another $8 in ebay bucks for the Lowes GC purchase.
  • Total savings = $25
Of course, those $25 aren't all in the form of cash. $5 is money "not spent" in the initial purchase. $4 is ebates rebate money but you won't get it until some time in April. And $16 is in the form of ebay bucks that must be spent on ebay after you received them on April 3.
THANK YOU for the math! I can see how it would add up over time - i just don't have much of that before my trip.

I have bought Disney gift cards with Lowes gift cards in the past, but it has been awhile. I planned to buy eBay gift cards to keep the churn alive

I have bought Disney gift cards with Lowes gift cards in the past, but it has been awhile. I planned to buy eBay gift cards to keep the churn alive
Please let us know if it works. I've tried it at least twice in the past 6 months, and both times, the cash register has not allowed it.

Is the eBay step worth it if you don't have a promo for x times the bucks? I am just starting and would be the 2x that it normally is. I would only have $200 to start. Is there a decent savings for that?

I really feel that time is ticking on the Target discount advantage. Either them removing the 5% off with the Redcard glitch or even worse not being able to purchase a Disney gift card with a Target gift card is possibly closer than we think.

Honestly, this is how it should work in store also (Redcard user getting a discount when using Giftcards).

If you go to a Target store and buy a target giftcard, you don't get your 5% discount. When you turn around and use that target giftcard in store, you still don't get your 5% discount. If anything, they should fix that (show your card to get your discount). Online is how it should work, your "showing" your Redcard as the default payment, and rightly getting the discount that wasn't obtained when the giftcard was purchased.

I doubt they'll get rid of the discount online. What's more likely is getting rid of the discount on thirdparty giftcards, but I sure hope that doesn't happen. :thumbsup2

Please let us know if you are able to buy gift cards from Lowe's with their gift card. As far as I know, their registers do not allow it and haven't for years. But maybe their policy has changed?

Last edited:
Well, the reason for going through Target .com is to get that extra 5% off with each purchase you make on the website. Skip that step and you leave a lot of money on the table.

I don't know if you can use the Lowe's GC to buy another GC. I thought that they had put a stop to that, but it might only be for using the egift cards purchased on places like Raise, which are more than likely merchandise credits for items returned without a receipt.

But so far it looks like you've gotten the following:
  • $5 off the purchase of a $200 ebay GC
  • $2 from ebates for making that purchase
  • $8 in ebay bucks for making that purchase
  • Another $2 from ebates for buying $200 in Lowes GCs on ebay
  • Another $8 in ebay bucks for the Lowes GC purchase.
  • Total savings = $25
Of course, those $25 aren't all in the form of cash. $5 is money "not spent" in the initial purchase. $4 is ebates rebate money but you won't get it until some time in April. And $16 is in the form of ebay bucks that must be spent on ebay after you received them on April 3.

Pretty good on covering the potential savings. A couple things, though - you don't earn eBay bucks when you buy eBay gift cards on eBay, so that's $8 out the window. And since you're only paying $195, your 1% Ebates rebate would be $1.95, not $2.00. Not that $.05 is a whole lot, put it's twice you can put your 2 cents in with a penny left over for your thoughts.

Is the eBay step worth it if you don't have a promo for x times the bucks? I am just starting and would be the 2x that it normally is. I would only have $200 to start. Is there a decent savings for that?

$200 would be breaking even basically unless you are paid cashback which is typically about 1%. Two $100 Target gift cards through GCM would earn you $4 in ebucks but you would pay $3.98 for shipping.

If it were me, I would wait for a promo or until I had more money to work with or both.

Just had my first experience with Target gift cards purchased on Raise not working. It says the card number or claim code is invalid. Since I am copying and pasting directly from Raise to Target, I am not sure what to think!
Sometimes it does not work when you cut and paste, maybe try entering it manually.

Let me try to walk you through this the way that I have done it (although I haven't purchased Target GCs from Raise in quite some time).
  1. Log into SB and click through their portal for Raise. You will get 1 SB point for every dollar spent.
  2. Buy one or more Target GCs for x% off of the face value. Get enough to purchase a $200 eBay GC and a small item like a ruler (25¢). That would be at least $190.24 worth of Target GCs. Your total # of GCs should not exceed 4. Use a rewards credit card to get extra points or cash back.
  3. Once you have your Target codes from Raise, go thru eBates to make a purchase at Target. Buy a $200 eBay GC and small item. Pay with your Target GCs with your Target CC as your default form of payment. Get 5% off of your order plus whatever ebates is offering as cash back for Target shopping.
  4. Bide your time and when GCM has a sale on Target GCs on ebay or if you get a 4X ebay bucks offer, you're ready to make your purchase with your eBay GC. Go through ebates or SB first to get cash back from them.
  5. GCM ships physical GCs, so you will have to wait for them to be delivered. Once you've got them, you can repeat steps 3-4 as many times as you feel comfortable doing.
  6. Finally, take the Target GCs that you get from your last GCM purchase on eBay and use them to purchase Disney GCs.
When you get your eBay bucks, you can turn around and spend them on more Target GCs and do the same with them. You can redeem your SB points for Target GCs or PayPal. You can have your ebates Big Fat Check deposited in your PayPal account. I use my PayPal money to pay any additional charges that my GCs don't cover.
I think I am beginning to get it, it doesn't seem nearly as scary as it used to lol. Although I just made my 1st purchase on eBay and they took more out of my account than they were authorized to. That has me kind of freaked out (and ticked off), and they do not make it easy to log a complaint. I agree with you I would rather have the GC stashed in Target. Thanks for you help!

Sometimes it does not work when you cut and paste, maybe try entering it manually.

Thank you for that suggestion... unfortunately it's not working that way, either.

Still waiting to hear back from raise customer service. Tomorrow is day 4...

How did you contact them? The one and only time I have needed to contact them, I called. I sat on hold forever but I had a resolution pretty quick. Mine was a large purchase so my refund had to go through another dept but even with that taking a couple of days, it was all done by day 4.

How did you contact them? The one and only time I have needed to contact them, I called. I sat on hold forever but I had a resolution pretty quick. Mine was a large purchase so my refund had to go through another dept but even with that taking a couple of days, it was all done by day 4.

Email.... It never occurred to me to call for a couple of reasons. One, I like to have things in writing, and two, I work nights so am generally asleep during business hours.

I have had to contact them once before (also via email) but not regarding an actual problem with a purchase. I believe at that time they responded via email within a couple of days.

Thank you for that suggestion... unfortunately it's not working that way, either.

Are you trying on the mobile app? All my online discount gift cards purchases have been showing invalid. I have to get on my laptop to get them to work.

The bet portal is the one that offers the most cash back at the time that you do your shopping. I don't do topcash, so I don't know whether they will reward for buying a GC at Target. My success has been limited to SB, ebates and Mypoints.

Yes, you can buy a Target GC on eBay using a combo of ebay bucks, ebay GC and money through PayPal.

You cannot double-dip rewards programs. So, you cannot shop through SB while having the ebates button activated and then get credit on both.
Thanks, for the info, Marionnette!

Hmm. I didn't have a problem doing it. I just chose to use my ebay bucks, added my ebay gc in the promotional code line and then checked out using PayPal for the balance that wasn't covered,

I had issues as well and ultimately found that I could use both ebay bucks and ebay gift cards ONLY IF I went slightly over and put something on my credit card via paypal. I think its because if there is a balance left on one of the ebay gift cards you're using, ebay wants to use that up before using your ebay bucks.

Same for me. I used $100 in ebucks, $10 ebay gift card and put a remaining $15 on my cc through Paypal.

Hmm, interesting, guess I'll see how that goes, lol, but how about using ebucks and cc thru paypal only, no ebay gc?

Pretty good on covering the potential savings. A couple things, though - you don't earn eBay bucks when you buy eBay gift cards on eBay, so that's $8 out the window. And since you're only paying $195, your 1% Ebates rebate would be $1.95, not $2.00. Not that $.05 is a whole lot, put it's twice you can put your 2 cents in with a penny left over for your thoughts.

Ooh, I didn't realize you couldn't get ebay bucks when you buy ebay gift cards! Glad I found out before I tried to buy ebay cards when a bucks promo was on, thanks, PerfessorZ!

I ran across these links in the past few days. I don't know if this is related to the banning in some way, but it is worth thinking about. What I gather is that Target giftcards are not as secure as we think, whether they've previously been used or not.

http://elliott.org/advocate-this/hey-target-whos-been-using-my-e-giftcard/
http://elliott.org/problem-solved/help-target-gift-card-zeroed/

I've been doing more research on various companies and gift cards. I think, could be wrong, that Target is trying to stop the reselling of merchandise credit (gift cards you get when doing a return), not so much gift cards. I have decided that I won't purchase any cards with odd amounts on them like $24.18, etc. I like Target so I'm going to choose that they're doing this to protect us, not so much to prevent us, while they hopefully work out the kinks in their gift card system. I don't know, just something I've been thinking about since reading these articles and many more.
Hmm, I thought I had read advice here that it was better to buy a card that was in odd amounts, and not the even amounts like $100, $50, not sure why, but now confused, lol!

Email.... It never occurred to me to call for a couple of reasons. One, I like to have things in writing, and two, I work nights so am generally asleep during business hours.

I have had to contact them once before (also via email) but not regarding an actual problem with a purchase. I believe at that time they responded via email within a couple of days.
Just had my first dud as well. Even though when I check it there is the correct balance, when I tried loading/using it on mobile, app, and desktop, I received varying responses of "invalid" "force closed status" and "deactivated or deleted." Raise generated a ticket, so we we will see how long it takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter