• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
We go to Sam's Club at least once a week so I will add it to my list of things to check. If I can get a discounted Sam's Club gift card and use it to buy discounted Disney gift cards, it will still save us a decent chunk of change, especially when those DVC maintenance fees come due in January.

We go to Sam's Club at least once a week so I will add it to my list of things to check. If I can get a discounted Sam's Club gift card and use it to buy discounted Disney gift cards, it will still save us a decent chunk of change, especially when those DVC maintenance fees come due in January.
Same here. I won't be giving Target anymore of my $.

It's worth the $45 Sam's Club fee to get the cards. 5% discount online stacked with 3.5% Walmart cards at Cardpool currently. I'm gonna wait a week or 2 to see if Target's online "issue" changes first.

I just got an amex card since the Target stack is no longer available. With the amex I buy my disney cards at Kroger and get 6% back plus fuel points. To maximize the percent I get back, I also buy a Kroger gift card to get gas. When I swipe my amex card at a gas station I only get 3%, back but buying a Kroger card I get 6% back.

Watch your shipping status on the SAMs website. I only had 1 order paid for by a giftcard slip through. The others were all cancelled before shipment. (Although they all were initially accepted)

I have had this happen before. Its because they are out of stock. Frustrating because they show as in stock online, and you don't know they are out until you try and order. I had to wait a while until they were back in stock before purchasing.

Jodie

So if the 5% glitch isn't working anymore with target I wonder if that will mean more target gift cards will be available on the raise website. I see the discounts are already up to 5.7%.

So if the 5% glitch isn't working anymore with target I wonder if that will mean more target gift cards will be available on the raise website. I see the discounts are already up to 5.7%.
Yea, looks like almost 400 Target cards for sale on Raise, with the big ones at 6% off!

Man! I just ordered $875 of Target gift cards from Raise. In fact, my order is still processing and the gift cards have not been delivered yet. I have a feeling the 5% off with the Redcard is over, but I will wait a few days and see before spending the gift cards without it. At least I still saved 6% and the bulk of my cruise was paid for last week when the discount was still available.

Good news for those who buy gift cards at Krogers.

Just got an email...4X Fuel Points start again this Wednesday, at least in the Cincinnati area. Hoping across the country.

Two weeks only. But good timing for me. I'm going on a non-Disney vacation in two weeks. Probably load up on the gas cards to the port...maybe some restaurant cards for traveling as well.

Good news for those who buy gift cards at Krogers.

Just got an email...4X Fuel Points start again this Wednesday, at least in the Cincinnati area. Hoping across the country.

Two weeks only. But good timing for me. I'm going on a non-Disney vacation in two weeks. Probably load up on the gas cards to the port...maybe some restaurant cards for traveling as well.

Thanks for posting! I totally missed it in the ad!

I think you're overestimating the amount of people who buy Target gift cards to buy Disney cards online.

Normally I would agree but it is a odd coincidence that the number of Target cards available and the discount trend upward definitely started after the Redcard loophole stopped working.

Normally I would agree but it is a odd coincidence that the number of Target cards available and the discount trend upward definitely started after the Redcard loophole stopped working.
Exactly! We haven't seen that many cards and for that high of a discount in a while.

It's been 5.5 and 6% today which has pretty much been unheard of over the past couple of months. I've been watching an 8% sit there for a good minutes or so, which is totally unheard of, usually if I even happen to see anything 6% or over, by the time I get it in my cart, it's gone.

I just opened a Disney Chase Visa Credit Card because I had the offer to get a $200 Disney Gift card if you put $500 on the card in 3 months. Well I just put $300 on it for the first time about 2 weeks ago, and that's the only thing on it, and I got my $200 Disney Gift card in the mail yesterday!!! I was kinda shocked, and happy !!! Anyone else have this happen?

So, I'm just trying to figure out if this is still my best option. You guys let me know if there's something better.

Buy target gift cards at kroger during 4x fuel points ($250 target GC = 1000 fuel points = 14% savings when filling up with all 35 gallons of gas) and use my discover card to pay for the target gift cards (get 1% cashback) for a total of 15% savings when I get my Disney gift cards from target (without the 5% glitch).

I was getting 20% savings when target had the 5% discount online, but this still seems to be the best option for me as far as I can tell.

I personally would skip using the Discover card at only 1% cash back. There are far better cards out there that pay 5%-6% cash back for grocery purchases. Two of those cards are Chase Freedom and Amex cash preferred blue.

So, I'm just trying to figure out if this is still my best option. You guys let me know if there's something better.

Buy target gift cards at kroger during 4x fuel points ($250 target GC = 1000 fuel points = 14% savings when filling up with all 35 gallons of gas) and use my discover card to pay for the target gift cards (get 1% cashback) for a total of 15% savings when I get my Disney gift cards from target (without the 5% glitch).

I was getting 20% savings when target had the 5% discount online, but this still seems to be the best option for me as far as I can tell.

If you aren't getting the 5% from Target, there is no longer any point to buying the Target Gift Cards. Kroger stores, at least the ones in my area, carry WDW gift cards. Just buy those and save yourself the extra step and hassle of dealing with Target.

I have had this happen before. Its because they are out of stock. Frustrating because they show as in stock online, and you don't know they are out until you try and order. I had to wait a while until they were back in stock before purchasing.

Jodie
Sam's Club just got me. Order cancelled overnight. Its poor customer service to not let you know even BEFORE you place an order that something is out of stock. Not sure I'll do this again.

Sam's Club just got me. Order cancelled overnight. Its poor customer service to not let you know even BEFORE you place an order that something is out of stock. Not sure I'll do this again.

They told me to call and verify that they're in stock before placing the order. You might want to try that. I agree that its bad service and also a pita!

Jodie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter