Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the posts about Target are not clear whether the transaction using Target gift cards along with Redcard was done online or at a store.

We have a Target gift card and plan to visit the store within the next few days and will see what happens.

Some of the posts about Target are not clear whether the transaction using Target gift cards along with Redcard was done online or at a store.

We have a Target gift card and plan to visit the store within the next few days and will see what happens.
You could only get the Red Card discount and pay with gift cards online, it didn't work in store. In store, you need to pay with the Red Card to get the discount.

Well, the Target stacking was nice while it lasted:rolleyes:. Luckily, I was able to purchase all but about $75 worth of my planned GC's for this trip. For my next one, I will switch to Sam's Club. Their $150 cards are only $0.48 more than Target and that can be negated, and more, by purchasing Sam's/WalMart gift cards from an online discounter:smooth:.

Watch your shipping status on the SAMs website. I only had 1 order paid for by a giftcard slip through. The others were all cancelled before shipment. (Although they all were initially accepted)

Dumb question I know, but do you have to have a Sam's Club membership to make purchases online? Assume so but want to clarify.

Not a dumb question, I'd like to know the answer to this too. I'd been wondering. Hopefully someone will answer.

You can, but non-members pay 10% more, so it negates the savings. I just tried it, and the $150 pack of Disney cards was going to cost $157.28.

I guess a Sams membership is what, $45 for the year? If you're going to shop there for other things too, it may be worth the price. We had a BJs membership for a couple of years and barely used it, so it's not worth it for us.

It looks like the 5% online issue may be something they are working on because I emailed them this morning to ask what was going on and they replied with the following...

"We know you’ve come to expect great guest service from Target and Target.com and we’re sorry for any disappointment you've experienced while placing the order at Target.com.

I understand that you're unable to see the RED card reward discount in your cart. However, I suggest you to go ahead and place the order and reply back to with the order number. We'll manually adjust the 5% discount to your order.

We know that we didn’t meet your expectations this time and hope that you’ll give us another chance"

So I am thinking it must still be something that they intend on doing in order for them to offer to manually do it on an order I have not yet placed.

This is good news..I think I will email them with the two orders I placed last night that the 5%$ did not come off.

I was just told that there was an error in processing my online purchases before and that the 5% discount is only for red card purchases. I chatted with a representative online regarding the two disney gift card purchases I made last night using target gift cards purchased from giftcardbin.com. I told him that I had always been given the 5% red card discount online when paying with Target gift cards and provided prior order numbers. He indicated those were an error in processing. Target is about to lose huge amounts of sales with this "correction" or policy path.

That stinks, I know so many people that stacked this with the Kroger fuel rewards. Also those who use Swagbucks and the such. Well I guess it's time to start getting them at Sam's with my Discover card to get the cash back on that too...

I was just told that there was an error in processing my online purchases before and that the 5% discount is only for red card purchases. I chatted with a representative online regarding the two disney gift card purchases I made last night using target gift cards purchased from giftcardbin.com. I told him that I had always been given the 5% red card discount online when paying with Target gift cards and provided prior order numbers. He indicated those were an error in processing. Target is about to lose huge amounts of sales with this "correction" or policy path.
Yes, I think we all know (or should know) that Target didn't intend for us to receive the 5% off when paying with gift cards.

Why wouldn't you want the 'glitch' fixed?

Right now you can't get the 5% even if you pay with your REDcard. The terms say that you cannot get the 5% on Target cards. Every other company will explicitly say that all cards including 3rd party are not eligible. So I think this is a glitch that will be fixed.

The 5% when paying with gift card could be another story.

Right. The glitch I was talking about was the one allowing for discount stacking when it should only give you 5% off on the portion of the bill being put on the REDcard.

That stinks, I know so many people that stacked this with the Kroger fuel rewards. Also those who use Swagbucks and the such. Well I guess it's time to start getting them at Sam's with my Discover card to get the cash back on that too...
Is the discover 1% cash back?

Yep. The glitch has been fixed.

I agree. I don't think you'll be able to stack discounts from gift cards online anymore. However, you still can't get the Red Card discount online but you can in store (from reports here). Hopefully that will be fixed.

Now people will just have to be on the lookout for gift card deals that are above 5% to save more than a standard RC purchase in store. 5% is still a good discount in the long run. A $3000 vacation will still save you $150.

You can also still buy discounted target gift cards on raise.com (I have seen more than a 5% discount) and then convert those to disney gift cards through target.com. You won't get the additional 5% off, but that is something.

I am so glad I decided to borrow from our emergency fund when raise was at an 8-9% discount a few months ago to buy the last chunk of gift cards that I needed. If I had waited I wouldn't have gotten that extra 5%!

Yes it is a 1% cash back, not much, but still something and at Sam's with the discounted price already it would be a little better than Target with my 5%.

Do you happen to know if you get 1% cash back when buying discounted gift cards at Cardpool or Raise? I'm thinking about buying Walmart gift cards to buy the Disney GC at SAM's.

Do you happen to know if you get 1% cash back when buying discounted gift cards at Cardpool or Raise? I'm thinking about buying Walmart gift cards to buy the Disney GC at SAM's.

I don't know I have never tried raise.com, but I don't see why not.

For those who go to Universal too, the Discover IT card has Universal gift cards as a redemption option and for every $20 in cash back you redeem you get $40 in gift cards.

Whether or not Target intended it or not for the 5% discount, it was nice and allowed for a good discount when paying DVC dues and buying our annual passes. I only started using that extra 5% off last November, as I was not aware of it before hand. I do think Target will feel a small sales crunch if people switch to Sam's. I will still use our premium DVC Disney Visa, get 1% and buy Walmart gift cards and then order Disney gift cards from Sam's. I am glad that the Target gift cards I still have to use I got at more than 5% off though. It just kind of stinks. I purchased things at Target versus other stores using the discounted gift cards..now that will affect my purchasing choices as the price may not always be better at Target, now. Target never made any money off of us with the red card anyway..we always paid it off, but I know they count on people using it and running up interest charges. Hence the 5%..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter