Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got one for December 17th. :thumbsup2 Disney charged my CC already, some people got charged and some didn't, not sure what to think about that. :rotfl:

At 7am they dropped up to November 24th, then at 7:40am they dropped the rest of the dates.
Classic Disney IT :jester:

Guests Wrongly Pre-Charged for Akershus Dining

It is important to note that in almost all cases we’ve heard of, the charges are still a “pending transaction”. Disney is aware of the problem and is working toward fixing it. Most likely, the charges will drop off of Guests’ cards before they ever process. But refunds ARE being given to those that call and request them.

U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds to Fly Over the Magic Kingdom this Thursday

If you are going to the Magic Kingdom this Thursday you will be in for a real treat as the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds will be doing a fly-over on October 27th to mark the arrival of National Veterans and Military Families Month in November.
Here are the details:

As part of Disney’s enduring respect for those who serve in the military and their families, we are hosting a flyover over Magic Kingdom Park by the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds flight demonstration team on Thursday, October 27 to mark the arrival of National Veterans and Military Families Month in November.
They will do two passes beginning at 9:30 a.m. over the park (weather dependent) culminating in their famous delta maneuver where they pass over the castle accelerating rapidly in different directions giving the appearance of a fireworks display.

New Annual Passholder Mickey Mouse Popcorn Bucket Coming Soon to Walt Disney World

A new Mickey Mouse popcorn bucket exclusive to Annual Passholders will be available at Walt Disney World soon.

wdw passholder mickey popcorn bucket

Mickey is peeking out of a pile of popcorn in a preview video on the Disney World Passholders Facebook page. The bucket will be available starting October 25.
Photo of the bucket that will be available to annual passholders beginning tomorrow.

E14AB0B0-FA17-491A-A549-2025C27083BC.jpeg

Out of curiosity. Do these buckets “count” for refills over the year or something? They gave them out for the DVC event we went to, and I didn’t want to wait in the line.

I’m surprised that this lawsuit took so long to be filed at WDW with other going on a year already at Disneyland. There goes my hope of them selling passes again besides pixie passes.
I'm waiting for APs to be availble for sale as well. Although even before this WDW lawsuit, it was seeming like it's not going to happen for the foreseeable future.

I don't understand the current vitriol towards the Park Pass Reservation system from existing WDW AP Holders (can't speak to DLR). I get it's annoying as an extra step to get in the parks, however I'm not seeing the limited availability that I hear constant complaints about. I'm looking at the AP calendar now, and all 4 parks have availability today (@ 4p EST), and the only upcoming days with Parks blocked out are 10/31 @ MK (Halloween, makes sense), 11/3 @ HS (Return of Fantasmic, makes sense) and 11/11 @ MK (Veteran's Day, not sure if that typically a busy day or not). Other than that, All 4 parks have availability through next October. So in the next 365 days, there are 3 days with one park each blocked out.

I understand that maybe sometimes people just want to pop-in to a park for dinner/shopping and may get blocked, but when I'm checking the calendar (once or twice a week), I'm rarley seeing that as an issue. When my family had APs (2015 - 16) we usually had planned visits at least a week in advance (we live about 30 minutes from the resort), and if we had APs, it doesn't look like that'd be an issue now, with the exception of noteable events at specific parks. I'd glady accept this calendar and process if it means my family had APs, even at current pricing and limitations.

Is there something else I'm missing with the PPR system being such a horrible thing?

I asked that when we got our DVC bucket (only one since we had to burn a snack coupon to get it) at one of the events and was more or less told it was just a bucket. :(

I'm waiting for APs to be availble for sale as well. Although even before this WDW lawsuit, it was seeming like it's not going to happen for the foreseeable future.

I don't understand the current vitriol towards the Park Pass Reservation system from existing WDW AP Holders (can't speak to DLR). I get it's annoying as an extra step to get in the parks, however I'm not seeing the limited availability that I hear constant complaints about. I'm looking at the AP calendar now, and all 4 parks have availability today (@ 4p EST), and the only upcoming days with Parks blocked out are 10/31 @ MK (Halloween, makes sense), 11/3 @ HS (Return of Fantasmic, makes sense) and 11/11 @ MK (Veteran's Day, not sure if that typically a busy day or not). Other than that, All 4 parks have availability through next October. So in the next 365 days, there are 3 days with one park each blocked out.

I understand that maybe sometimes people just want to pop-in to a park for dinner/shopping and may get blocked, but when I'm checking the calendar (once or twice a week), I'm rarley seeing that as an issue. When my family had APs (2015 - 16) we usually had planned visits at least a week in advance (we live about 30 minutes from the resort), and if we had APs, it doesn't look like that'd be an issue now, with the exception of noteable events at specific parks. I'd glady accept this calendar and process if it means my family had APs, even at current pricing and limitations.

Is there something else I'm missing with the PPR system being such a horrible thing?
One of the major complaints is that if being at a part on a certain date is important to you, you need to use up one of your reservations well ahead of time. When the reservations were limited to 3 at a time, you could quickly find yourself unable to plan ahead very far at all. This mostly affected the locals around holiday times in particular since those filled up the earliest.

National Geographic Collection Available at Ziwani Traders in Animal Kingdom

View attachment 713235

The National Geographic Collection is now available at Disney’s Animal Kingdom after taking over The Dress Shop at Disney Springs. Guests can find the National Geographic Collection in Ziwani Traders in the Africa section of Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
I walked through that area this morning. Some interesting stuff there. Nice graphics. Unfortunately for those of us that are local much of this is made for folks that live in cooler climates that Central FL.

So how “collectible” is it if you don’t get it inside Trader Sam’s. ? .
Taking all the fun out of Tiki Mugs . Just stand in line and pre- order and pre-pay and pick it up on property at a Disney resort hotel. And I used to enjoy discovering a new mug at Trader Sam’s and tipping the bartender for the experience. I guess now I can carry it over to Trader Sam’s and Open the box inside at the Bar to make it authentic… and tip the bartender too Haha

So how “collectible” is it if you don’t get it inside Trader Sam’s. ? .
Taking all the fun out of Tiki Mugs . Just stand in line and pre- order and pre-pay and pick it up on property at a Disney resort hotel. And I used to enjoy discovering a new mug at Trader Sam’s and tipping the bartender for the experience. I guess now I can carry it over to Trader Sam’s and Open the box inside at the Bar to make it authentic… and tip the bartender too Haha

I agree. I don't just want to order one from eBay - and it's not just the cost, though I don't like encouraging scalpers. I want to go have the experience and the memory. I'd just like them to be around long enough that I could pick one up on my next trip. It's like impossible to do now!

Last edited:
Hello everyone!! I wanted to write today to let you know I’ve decided to take a step back from posting the daily news. You know I like to bring you the news as soon as it breaks, and with life getting a bit busier for me, it’s getting harder to keep up with it. You guys are the only reason I wanted to keep going! You are all so wonderful and I hope you know how much I’ve truly appreciated all of your support and always being there for me. Most of all, thank you for letting me be my super silly self while bringing you the daily Disney updates!!! 🙃 I’ve had a blast!!!

I have asked @HokieRaven5 if he would please keep this thread going for me and he graciously agreed to going forward. I’m truly grateful!! I am not going anywhere, though. I’ll still be on the boards and of course this thread!!! And I will definitely be here to fill in to help out @HokieRaven5 if and when he ever needs a break. Thanks so much for understanding. Love you guys, you’re the best! Thank you again for everything! :grouphug:
I can totally relate to life being busy. Thank you for being you! In the future, if you ever have a creative burst of energy, one of your Friday "dancing" type posts would be appreciated. They are always so funny. Glad we will see you around the boards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter