Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Fox isn’t going anywhere. Having the distribution rights to the Original Star Wars trilogy, the Prequel Trilogy and Avatar is enough on its own.

Add on Deadpool and XMen being brought into the Marvel library.
20th Century Studios wouldn’t even need the non-Sequel Trilogy of Star Wars or their Marvel stuff if Disney sold the unit off. Avatar shouldn’t even be a freaking Disney property as well. James Cameron should just tussle with that Bob Iger fart so he can get back what he created!

Also, I wasn’t even trying to chat with you in the first place. I was replying to @Brocktoon, @Suger Mag, and @Smugpugmug, and I wouldn’t care what they would say about what I replied to them in my previous post here.

Fox isn’t going anywhere. Having the distribution rights to the Original Star Wars trilogy, the Prequel Trilogy and Avatar is enough on its own.

Add on Deadpool and XMen being brought into the Marvel library.

1691717464394.png

Agreed, Avatar was the top "business highlight." WDW has an attraction and DL is supposedly getting one. I also agree on making Marvel whole. I believe 20th Century Studios is sticking around. I could see Searchlight and FX being in jeopardy.

View attachment 784537

Agreed, Avatar was the top "business highlight." WDW has an attraction and DL is supposedly getting one. I also agree on making Marvel whole. I believe 20th Century Studios is sticking around. I could see Searchlight and FX being in jeopardy.

Searchlight actually does okay on its own and basically operates as a break even. FX just kind of have to see how it goes.

I would actually be curious to see them put out a non-Ice Age animated family feature under 20th Century Studios label just to see how it performs in comparison to one plastered in Disney branding.

View attachment 784537

Searchlight actually does okay on its own and basically operates as a break even. FX just kind of have to see how it goes.

I would actually be curious to see them put out an animated family feature under 20th Century Studios label just to see how it performs in comparison to one plastered in Disney branding.
Look at you, over obsessed with what Disney is right now. It makes me SICK! The company needs to be changed again! A revived 20th Century Fox, following Disney's sale of it, would release and/or greenlight animated features made by third-party studios, since most big Hollywood studios these days, like Universal, Sony, and (of course) Disney, prefer animated films made by animation studios they own.

I doubt 20th Century Studios would make another animated family feature.

Well they wouldn't sell off Marvel or Lucasfilm, since they are priority for Disney+ and its viewers/subscribers, but maybe the Fox IPs are the ones that could be on the chopping block? Who even watches the Fox stuff Disney+ has, even the ones based off them? I think everyone prefers the Marvel and Lucasfilm stuff on D+ over Fox.
The Simpsons was the second most viewed D+ show of 2022 according to Nielsen (Bluey was #1).

Look at you, over obsessed with what Disney is right now. It makes me SICK! The company needs to be changed again! A revived 20th Century Fox, following Disney's sale of it, would release and/or greenlight animated features made by third-party studios, since most big Hollywood studios these days, like Universal, Sony, and (of course) Disney, prefer animated films made by animation studios they own.

I doubt 20th Century Studios would make another animated family feature.
I am not saying I am personally "obsessed with what Disney is right now" or even Avatar. I haven't seen The Way of Water and I subscribe to both Disney+ and Max. I also think FoP is overhyped.

I have watched every Disney and Pixar animated release, new Marvel content (including Secret Invasion), and live actions.

Just noting Iger strategically acquired licensed properties and I can't imagine Disney under his control selling them off when they are making more money at the box office.

I am not saying I am personally "obsessed with what Disney is right now" or even Avatar. I haven't seen The Way of Water and I subscribe to both Disney+ and Max. I also think FoP is overhyped.

I have watched every Disney and Pixar animated release, new Marvel content (including Secret Invasion), and live actions.

Just noting Iger strategically acquired licensed properties and I can't imagine Disney under his control selling them off when they are making more money at the box office.
Well, the recent news and their recent box office numbers hint at possible changes.

For the price Disney is raising for Hulu which is above Netflix, I'm figuring Iger is pretty confident in all the Fox content. He may want to dump the linear stuff, but will try to rely on the Fox library to compete with the other conglomerated streamers.

Sort of on the same topic ...

Is D+ still planned to be the exclusive source of Doctor Who outside of the UK starting this year? I know The Doctor's popularity has dropped some in the past few years, but if this includes the streaming rights to previous seasons as well as the new stuff then it could be a pretty big deal. I haven't heard anything on this front for a while, and with new episodes starting in a few months you'd think Iger or Disney would be pushing this.

For the price Disney is raising for Hulu which is above Netflix, I'm figuring Iger is pretty confident in all the Fox content. He may want to dump the linear stuff, but will try to rely on the Fox library to compete with the other conglomerated streamers.

Is D+ still planned to be the exclusive source of Doctor Who outside of the UK starting this year? I know The Doctor's popularity has dropped some in the past few years, but if this includes the streaming rights to previous seasons as well as the new stuff then it could be a pretty big deal. I haven't heard anything on this front for a while, and with new episodes starting in a few months you'd think Iger or Disney would be pushing this.
Yeah, think the next series starts up in December and there are some special episodes in November as well. Both are still listed as coming to Disney+ at this time.

Probably saving all the pomp and circumstance for Disney+ Day or something.

Last edited:

All the ‘classic’ pre-Eccelston episodes that still exist are on both Britbox and Britbox UK and I don’t think that will change. The Disney partnership is for new episodes from what I’ve read. The question for me is what will happen to all the post-McGann episodes? I’d be happy to see them arrive on D+.

All the ‘classic’ pre-Eccelston episodes that still exist are on both Britbox and Britbox UK and I don’t think that will change. The Disney partnership is for new episodes from what I’ve read. The question for me is what will happen to all the post-McGann episodes? I’d be happy to see them arrive on D+.

In the US, MAX has the 2005- present series. With Britbox having the earlier stuff, I guess The Doctor will be split across 3 platforms for a while? Not sure when the licensing deals are up, but I'm hoping Disney will go for everything when they can, similar to getting Spider-Man from Sony.

Renovated Haunted Mansion reopens at Magic Kingdom

Hatbox Ghost is yet to materialize

Despite curtains appearing at the installation location for the Hatbox Ghost last week, the highly anticipated animatronic has not made his debut with today's reopening.

The curtains remain in place, with work presumably continuing out of sight.

Belts and Reliability

What did happen during the Haunted Mansion closure was a replacement of the moving walkway belts at load and unload. Repairs were needed rather urgently, and the closure this week means we should expect improved reliability over the upcoming Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party season.

The Mummy Returns

The mummy figure makes a return to the graveyard scene of the Haunted Mansion that has been part of the attraction for many years. It's dressed in typical Egyptian mummy garb and is seen holding a cup of tea.

Renovated Haunted Mansion reopens at Magic Kingdom

Hatbox Ghost is yet to materialize

Despite curtains appearing at the installation location for the Hatbox Ghost last week, the highly anticipated animatronic has not made his debut with today's reopening.

The curtains remain in place, with work presumably continuing out of sight.
I wager Hatbox will appear for the first party tonight. A curtain should be simple to move away...

Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Offers Special Savings For Teachers, Nurses and First Responders

As a way of saying ‘thank you,’ to nurses, firefighters, paramedics and teachers, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel is offering members of these careers up to 20% off their stays! The offer provides an opportunity for these hard-working professionals to escape for some rest and relaxation.
Thank you for posting (every little bit helps) and I am not complaining. . .
As a teacher, I saved $8 per night on my next stay. Don't be too jealous if you don't qualify for the discount. :-)

Thank you for posting (every little bit helps) and I am not complaining. . .
As a teacher, I saved $8 per night on my next stay. Don't be too jealous if you don't qualify for the discount. :-)
They also do AP discounts and Florida Resident discounts as well....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter