Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

There is a national lifeguard shortage. Not just a Disney excuse.
There's national shortages on tons of things. Disney is a very resourceful and powerful company...if it was a priority they'd have both open. They don't need to so it's not very high on their priority list. Having said that all are free to believe whatever they like...I'm just stating what I see (everyone wears their own glasses).

why can't Dinosaurs stay? Come on now, we got a mythical yeti, Pandora... why we can bend the suspension of disbelief for Zootopia. No.... fine how about Mythical beasts?
No to Zootopia, but yes to some more mythical beasts, like Asian dragons (European dragons can stay at Magic Kingdom) and Greek myths, and those are things that Animal Kingdom desperately needs.

No to Zootopia, but yes to some more mythical beasts, like Asian dragons (European dragons can stay at Magic Kingdom) and Greek myths, and those are things that Animal Kingdom desperately needs.
It is hard to continue with too much expansion of the dino theme without people comparing to Jurassic Park at Universal. So as much as I loved Primeval Whirl and lamented its closing... I could say goodbye to Dinoland and the even the Dinosaur ride too if it was replaced with something cooler. What about Encanto? I could get behind an Australia addition... Atlantis...

The only issue with those is that if it's not attached to an existing IP, Disney isn't building it. Iger himself said so pretty much. Zootopia and Moana are more than likely coming to that space, as much as I dislike Zootopia (don't mind Moana).

It is hard to continue with too much expansion of the dino theme without people comparing to Jurassic Park at Universal. So as much as I loved Primeval Whirl and lamented its closing... I could say goodbye to Dinoland and the even the Dinosaur ride too if it was replaced with something cooler. What about Encanto? I could get behind an Australia addition... Atlantis...
If you make that corner South America you have Encanto, Emperor’s New Groove, Up, etc.. to choose from.

Do something like a Wilderness Explorer Dark ride through the Amazon replacing Dinosaur.

Antonio’s Treehouse, or room exploration replacing the boneyard.

Best addition they could make though for that area, shade.

Zootopia and Moana are more than likely coming to that space, as much as I dislike Zootopia (don't mind Moana).
Those concepts were announced during the Bob Chapek era. I doubt Bob Iger wants to put those properties in Animal Kingdom. He’s most likely cleaning up the mess Chapek made at Disney. The whole concepts I mentioned are "Blue Sky" thinking anyway.

if the imagineers can't make a cool land out of dinosaurs, they should hang up their hats. technically they just need a new rollercoaster. maybe expand the footprint into the lesser areas around the old plot.

Di. no. saurs. coolest things to ever walk the earth. it'd be a real shame to remove them from a park themed around animals.

If you make that corner South America you have Encanto, Emperor’s New Groove, Up, etc.. to choose from.

Do something like a Wilderness Explorer Dark ride through the Amazon replacing Dinosaur.

That's what I'd like. If they do a Land that isn't just one IP, then they can mix a few attractions. I kinda don't like how we have the entire land as one thing as opposed to say, Fantasyland which has Peter Pan and Snow White, etc. You can put the IP on a specific ride, but why homogenize so much?

I say south/central America
Encanto (Antonio’s gift is communication with animals), Up (already present in park), Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros (replace grand fiesta with a long rumored coco attraction unfortunately sacrificing the night market for a queue infrastructure)

Yes coco & Encanto we’re mentioned in “beyond big Thunder” but honestly Magic Kingdom needs to fix tomorrowland first before they add on (pray Ellio doesn’t flop, wall e…)

Maybe borrow from the acquisition catalogue and put Rio in South America or Futurama in Tomorrowland

why can't Dinosaurs stay? Come on now, we got a mythical yeti, Pandora... why we can bend the suspension of disbelief for Zootopia. No.... fine how about Mythical beasts?
when i first found out that they opted for dinoland over beastly kingdom i was very upset lol. i love anything mythical and would have loved that land, i don't care about dinosaurs at all. i do like the dinosaur ride but thats about the only thing in that land i like.

That ties in so nicely since they already have the wilderness explorers activity in AK. And maybe we could finally get the Yzma and Kronk coaster the we’ve all been dreaming about for years!

The reviews are really way too harsh. I've stopped paying attention to Rotten Tomatoes.

But Barbie is definitely a better movie. So if one can only see one, I'd pick Barbie.
We saw Barbie and then Haunted Mansion directly after (fun double header), and we liked HM better. Sure it's not amazing, but we really enjoyed it. It was fun seeing all the references to the ride. Some fun touching moments too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter