Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone watch the timer so closely when watching shows? They are as long as they need to be. I have no complaints about WandaVision's pacing. I could usually "feel" when the episode was wrapping up because it made sense in the story to do it - I didn't check to see how much was left. More is not always better.
I didn't watch the timer through the show but see it when the episode ends and when selecting the episode to watch it says the run time.
I agree the individual episodes felt well paced and fine but I do feel there is more they could have done. Would have liked to see more with Monica and Ralph for sure. Didn't feel like they did a whole lot in the end. Evan Peters was basically just brought in for the shock factor/stunt casting it seems as he was a cliffhanger then talking with Monica the next episode but then felt like he was forgotten. We see him approach Monica then she's tied up and overtakes him and that's it. They even talked about a scene they cut where her, the kids, and Ralph go to et the Darkhold from the basement and encounter Mr. Scratchy and have to escape. Would have loved to see that scene in there.

If you are going to make a statement about it being 6 hours, and then run with that comment, it probably should be 6 hours. Do I think it was a better or worse show because it wasn't 6 hours? No. I didn't love it, but I did enjoy it eventually. But it's like anything else, when you set expectations or provide guidelines, people expect them to be followed. Otherwise why do it?

I have no idea why they talked about it being 6 hours. It's not like that came from the fans first. It came from Marvel. It didn't need to be done. But they did. So when it wasn't 6 hours, unless you counted an endless amount of credit time to get it close, it just looks foolish.

Big deal? No. The show was what it was at 4.5 hours or however long it actually totaled. But why bring it up in the first place?

Well, I can agree that they shouldn't have cited a runtime at all, but how many people ever saw where they said it? I sure didn't. It just doesn't matter to me. I think it's weird that people feel "ripped off" because it wasn't that long.

I didn't watch the timer through the show but see it when the episode ends and when selecting the episode to watch it says the run time.
I agree the individual episodes felt well paced and fine but I do feel there is more they could have done. Would have liked to see more with Monica and Ralph for sure. Didn't feel like they did a whole lot in the end. Evan Peters was basically just brought in for the shock factor/stunt casting it seems as he was a cliffhanger then talking with Monica the next episode but then felt like he was forgotten. We see him approach Monica then she's tied up and overtakes him and that's it. They even talked about a scene they cut where her, the kids, and Ralph go to et the Darkhold from the basement and encounter Mr. Scratchy and have to escape. Would have loved to see that scene in there.

Admittedly, the could have added a little more toward the end, but it wasn't strictly necessary for the story. I would have liked the see the bunny scene, but if we didn't know about it then I wouldn't miss it.

Seen a couple of you tube videos of people who seen the first episode of falcon and the winter soldier. They say it’s amazing, incredible,
Action right from the beginning. They were only able to watch one episode not like Wanda vision where they were able to watch three. I’m sure we all knew it was going to be amazing, incredible and lots of action. Sounds great only 6 more days.

F&WS has a lot to live up to now that WandaVision was such a big hit. I expect to hear a lot of "Well, it wasn't as good as WandaVision" from people who think it'll be the same sort of show.

I actually expect it to have a bit of an opposite reaction to WandaVision. Probably get compared a lot more when done and see how it compares then but this seems more traditional Marvel so I think it will receive a better reception from the start, whereas WandaVision was pretty mixed

Ooh, The Island at the Top of the World on April 2 - that's a good one!

What? And the Ewok movies too? Woah - deep cuts!
I'm quitting you since your talked about deep cuts. Do we know if Disney is removing any titles? I'm thinking how Netflix rotates their titles. I haven't seen anyone mention it and you seem knowledgeable.

Thanks!

I'm quitting you since your talked about deep cuts. Do we know if Disney is removing any titles? I'm thinking how Netflix rotates their titles. I haven't seen anyone mention it and you seem knowledgeable.

Thanks!

No, sorry, that's not what I meant. I meant the obscurity of the made-for-television Ewok movies were "deep cuts" - those tracks later in the album that never get played/listened to. They are adding a bunch in April it seems, and I am excited!

I was just wondering if Disney is rotating titles like Netflix. I haven't seen any evidence of this.

I was just wondering if Disney is rotating titles like Netflix. I haven't seen any evidence of this.

No, I don't believe so. I think there are rumors that some movies will have to leave eventually due to pre-existing contracts, but it's a few years away and things could change by then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter