Disney Not Social Distancing Anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, people at risk have do have go to the doctors,groceries stores,work etc however we are not talking about those activity's. We are talking about people going to tourist destinations. For someone at risk, for their own safety, they should minimize their potential exposure. Going to any tourist destination may not be an essential activity for an at risk person right now.

Oh I agree, anyone at risk should not be going to the parks. Sorry, I was reading your comment more as a generalization, not just the parks. But even then, as New Mouse said... even if we stay home from the parks, that doesn't mean we aren't exposed to the people who went to the parks. That's the problem with Covid - you can do everything right, but if the people around you aren't... So, while I know people don't like hearing it, your choice to go to the parks during a pandemic really does affect other people around you. And before I'm get attacked for that, lol, I'm not saying the parks should close or no one should go... I just think people need to do a better job at really considering the impact their actions have on others - or heck, even acknowledge that their decision to travel does affect others. Some do for sure, and respectfully take precautions both while away and when they return, but many don't.

Last edited:
I think that’s nonsense. You can mostly stay home if you feel you need to.

It's nice you think so.

1. Doctors don't make house calls.
2. Many people live in rural areas that do not offer grocery delivery or curbside offerings.
3. Many at risk people still have to work, and don't have jobs where they are allowed to work from home.
4. Many people, believe it or not, are still paid in physical checks which need to be deposited at the bank.
5. Not everyone has people willing or able to run their errands for them.
6. And, even more, not everyone has internet or a reliable enough connection to be able to do so many things online that allow them to stay at home more (such as online shopping, banking, virtual appointments etc...)

What’s driving the rates up is ppl are not under stay at home orders in most places so they’re not staying home. Many ppl have Covid fatigue & are more willing to go out & take their chances more than they were in the beginning.

This, I definitely agree with. Granted, that still falls directly under what I said: "I'm not at risk so I'll do what I want". Exact same thing, just worded differently.

This has been a great example of why California chose to not let theme parks open.

I do find it ironic you can go to a chain restaurant in one state and they are allowing the masses in because the state says its safe to do so, but in a neighboring state they are practicing distancing, capacity limits, etc. Because the state says its required to be safe.

At the end of the day, its about $ and results.

First, if you are worried about social distancing, I wouldn't go to Disney- or Walmart- or really anyplace.

As for these rides, the lines are still marked 6ft apart, but the ride itself is seating every row.

Really, if COVID or any illness scares you, Disney, regardless of how much they clean and require masks and yada-ya.... outside of your home is a germ fest- so avoid if you are worried enough to even post about it.

Honestly, I wonder if it the rabid Disney fans from California who are flying to Florida to go to WDW that are fueling the spread. I've seen several news stories about people flying out to get their fix. Of course there is no contact tracing so we would never know.

No.

You should catch up with some vloggers.

I know David from Fresh Baked said he’s waiting it out. And I don’t necessarily mean vloggers whose income depends on content. There are more Disneyland fans in California than just vloggers

Hi All,

I just read that WDW has done away with social distancing on some rides (namely Expedition Everest, Rockin’ Roller Coaster, and Slinky Dog Dash). What does everyone think about this? It is certainly making me more nervous about our trip next month.
This is not the time to go to WDW. I think this is a bad decision on Disney's part and advise you NOT to go next month.

Endless debate
I think Disney's reasoning is the following, and of course I could be completely wrong.
Guests coming to the parks now have accepted a level of covid risk. Plain and simple, you decide to come, you know you'll be exposed one way or another
Disney has put forth measures of social distancing and cleaning and continue to be in contact and have their own team of medical professionals
People coming are getting annoyed by attraction lines, rides like mfsr that used to be so efficient isn't more, they're installing plexiglass where they can
Attraction queues are hard to monitor, people over and over again take their masks down, drink, eat, don't follow the markers. On an attraction its easier to remind people to leave them on and then the attraction is over in less than 3 minutes, better than being in an indoor queue with people that don't abide by the rules
So they have decided that for some attractions it might be best to fill them up for less time spent in a queue

Again just my opinion

And just to add Disney has posted gotte IRA employees the percentages of chances to get covid
At the bottom, being outside in close proximity and walking (while masked)
In the middle, dining indoors in close proximity
At the top, indoor family gatherings for multiple hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter