Disney Resort on Oahu Rumor

The post above by Dis13 quotes the news story from last night.

Aloha,
Jen

If it does happen to be both, this is all very exciting! I wonder what points would cost?

Why does everyone always ask what points will cost in a new development? The price will always be the going rate for ALL current projects! The number of points per night may be inflated if building costs (or expected demand) are high, but the dollars per point will never be jacked up just because a resort is expected to be popular.

How do you spell new addition to DVC????

A L O H A !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I posted info from the webcast on the DVC Operations board.

Aloha,
jen

Well looks like I will pass on GC at DL for Hawaii. I can always hope to get in on a wait list/if cant get in at 7 mo. mark for DL and that is only a little over an hr away.

bet that more people purchase at Hawaii instead of DL. What is nice is that it is 800 units and the chances of getting in at the 7 mo. mark will be easier. But will still purchase pts there anyway. :thumbsup2

Wow new ships and new hotel...way to go disney !!!!!

[QUOTE="Got Disney";21126961]What is nice is that it is 800 units and the chances of getting in at the 7 mo. mark will be easier. But will still purchase pts there anyway. :thumbsup2[/QUOTE]

The development is described as "mixed-use" which means both cash and DVC rooms. It remains to be seen what the breakdown will look like, but you can be certain there won't be 800 DVC rooms. Perhaps half of that at best. I'm guessing Disney will err in favor of more cash rooms, knowing they can always convert them to DVC later if cash reservations don't meet demand.

[QUOTE="Got Disney";21126961]Well looks like I will pass on GC at DL for Hawaii. I can always hope to get in on a wait list/if cant get in at 7 mo. mark for DL and that is only a little over an hr away.

bet that more people purchase at Hawaii instead of DL. What is nice is that it is 800 units and the chances of getting in at the 7 mo. mark will be easier. But will still purchase pts there anyway. :thumbsup2

Wow new ships and new hotel...way to go disney !!!!![/QUOTE]

YAHOO!!!:woohoo: A dream come true!
We are DVC members of SSR and just recently bought a townhome in Ko Olina at the Hillside Villas in 2006 and try to visit Ko Olina at least 3 weeks every year and the rest of the time we rent out our place. We absolutely love Ko Olina and Disney, and when we found out that Disney is now part of Ko Olina, that was icing on the cake! I'ts funny cause we look at and drive by that empty lot all the time in Ko Olina and say to our self... wouldn't it be nice if Disney built a resort here. We've heard rumors of this and thought it would be too good to be true... and now a blessing come true to have a piece of Disney in our community..what more can we ask for :thumbsup2

ALOHA TO ALL! :beach:

Way to go, Jen, for posting a rumor that actually turned out to be true! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter