Disney Tattoos

8dcd3b1d216145e49ebb975495ad2d17

My new Disney Tattoo I got 2 weeks ago. I got it on the back of my leg :)

I haven't been reading this thread for a while, but this ink is great! It definitely stands out! Love the shading and the sunset background is really well done!

I still haven't gotten a Disney Themed one. Just got a Heart Lock on my chest and I'm thinking I'll go with an Anchor next if I can hold off on the rest of my chest for a bit! The Anchor may contain a Hidden Mickey though.

I posted a link showing my Disney nails on another thread and some said I should show my Disney tattoos.

Let me explain them.
Dumbo & Jumbo
When I was pregnant with my first son I used to sing "Baby Mine" (song from Dumbo) to my belly. My son passed away when he was 17 days old (15 years ago). I always knew I wanted a Dumbo tattoo so last July I got one.

I have it on my back just below the left shoulder.
I'm just learning to upload photos so hopefully this works.

Just outline
2378910080079946734S500x500Q85.jpg

Color filled (only second done so it was bleeding a little)
2727474420079946734S500x500Q85.jpg

For my second tattoo I got August last year for my son Zach. It was supposed to Stitch eating a Shamrock because when my son acts up he reminds me of 626 and we are Irish. As time went on I figured that it will be on my leg FOREVER so I wanted something meaningful again. I did Sorcerer Mickey because he's my second love (after my son) and the 4 stars represent my dad, my MIL, my FIL and my Godmother who have past on. Many many many years from now when my moms passes I will add a star for her to my leg - just above the h next to my dads star. The tattoo was supposed to be about 2 inches but by the time I got to the tattoo place it grew in my head to 3 W x 4 1/2 L LOL.

Here it is
2793179170079946734S500x500Q85.jpg

December 2008 we went to Disney and we were online to see Sorcerer Mickey. I said to my mom damn I should have worn shorts so I can show my tattoo. She said well flash Mickey (not thinking I would). I said great idea.
Mickey loved my tattoo.
2067585330079946734S500x500Q85.jpg

My next tattoo I want an anklet around my ankle with 3 mickey heads 1 for each of the men in my life (hubby, John & Zach) but that spot really hurts so I need to be very drunk (and I don't drink) Guess I will never get that tattoo LOL

going to check out everyone else's tatoos

Tracy, I'm so sorry about John! :hug: Your tattoos are beautiful though, I love love LOVE the Dumbo one

what a wonderful story - so sad but a beautiful tribute.

Tracy, I'm so sorry about John! :hug: Your tattoos are beautiful though, I love love LOVE the Dumbo one

Thank you. It took me forever to find the perfect dumbo. I wanted something with him and his mom. At first I was going to get Jumbo rocking Dumbo in her truck but then I saw an image of the one I have and it was love at first site.

what a wonderful story - so sad but a beautiful tribute.

Thank you. I wanted a tattoo that meant something to my heart and not "just" a tattoo. When people asked me about my tattoos I wanted a meaningful story behind them and not "well, I got drunk one night" (like my dad's snoopy tattoo LOL)

Did that make sense LOL

I want to get another tattoo something that represents hubby and I. I will never put his name on my leg. My next hubby might not like that :rotfl2:

We had a Mickey & Minnie themed wedding and honeymooned in Disney so I'm thinking Mickey & Minnie in front of castle. Now to find the image I want.

I love love love the raspberry Grumpy, the monorail/castle/EPCOT Icon and the Pirate Mickey's

The Eeyore on the back of the head is a little much LOL

I'm not a Tink type of chick but I do love the Sassy tink in jeans. Really cool.

On to look at more :o)

I love love love the raspberry Grumpy, the monorail/castle/EPCOT Icon and the Pirate Mickey's

The Eeyore on the back of the head is a little much LOL

I'm not a Tink type of chick but I do love the Sassy tink in jeans. Really cool.

On to look at more :o)

Thanks, Grumpy is mine. The longer I have him, the more I love it and the more I want another!

I love your Dumbo one. I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your son but I think you found a perfect way to remember him

Thank you. It took me forever to find the perfect dumbo. I wanted something with him and his mom. At first I was going to get Jumbo rocking Dumbo in her truck but then I saw an image of the one I have and it was love at first site.

I'm glad you found your way over here! I was coming back to send you the link but it looks like you found your way just fine. So sorry to hear about your son, but you found a beautiful image for his memory.

A side comment, most tattoo artists won't tattoo you if you've been drinking, one for the obvious reason (Snoopy) and two because alcohol is a blood thinner and the ink wont stick very well, leaving 'holes' in the images. Just take extra strenth ibuprofin before hand. It'll help with the pain and swelling. Or pick a different place! :goodvibes

That Dumbo one is precious! I also like the Sorcerer Mickey one in honor of your son. I have my son's footprints tattooed on the inside of my left ankle.

I'm itching for another tattoo, but I have no idea what I want. Guess I will have to wait!
:dance3:

I just found this thread. I am in the middle of convincing myself to get a small mickey mouse tattoo on my upper right arm. When I say convince myself that is exactly what I am doing- I am a wimp and am scared that it will hurt. My nephew owns a tattoo shop and I can get one for free.

I just found this thread. I am in the middle of convincing myself to get a small mickey mouse tattoo on my upper right arm. When I say convince myself that is exactly what I am doing- I am a wimp and am scared that it will hurt. My nephew owns a tattoo shop and I can get one for free.

If it's FREE I say go for it!! The pain really is not un-bearable and the arm should be a breeze. Normally the anticipation of the pain is worse than the actual feeling of getting the tattoo itself! Go for it!! :thumbsup2

2067585330079946734S500x500Q85.jpg

My next tattoo I want an anklet around my ankle with 3 mickey heads 1 for each of the men in my life (hubby, John & Zach) but that spot really hurts so I need to be very drunk (and I don't drink) Guess I will never get that tattoo LOL

going to check out everyone else's tatoos

I have that exact tattoo on my right ankle, too!.

I also have an anklet tattoo on my left ankle that is the "Peace, Love, Mickey".

They don't hurt at all. I was scared to death of the pain, but I knew I wanted my tattoo. My artist talked to me before hand and told me that he would do one line and see how I felt after it. He did and honestly it didn't hurt at all, my tattoo is on my ankle. After a while it did feel like a sting, but honestly it didn't bother me at all (and I'm not big on pain)

I found the week after to be more aggravating due to the itching than the actual process was.

They don't hurt at all. I was scared to death of the pain, but I knew I wanted my tattoo. My artist talked to me before hand and told me that he would do one line and see how I felt after it. He did and honestly it didn't hurt at all, my tattoo is on my ankle. After a while it did feel like a sting, but honestly it didn't bother me at all (and I'm not big on pain)

I found the week after to be more aggravating due to the itching than the actual process was.

My artist did something similar and just ran the tattoo gun over my skin before putting ink in it because I was freaking out. haha. It wasn't bad at all.

What would you have done if it hurt too bad? Would you have seriously thought of walking away with a line on your ankle? I've never heard of a tattoo artist that will stop and give someone the option of continuing or not. Most would keep going, unless the customer was in serious distress. Please don't take this tone sarcastically, it's not meant to be at all, I just really wonder if there are people walking around with "lines" because they decide not to go through with it. The two artists that have done my tats both said that in the years, they've have people they've had to stop working on, but they always come back.

It's like that Friends episode where Phoebe chickens out after the first dot. She then tells everyone it is how her mother sees her from heaven!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter