Disney with a Southern Twist- Tomber 11.11.11 UPDATE: BLOGGED & LIFE!! 1/24!

WARNING- YOUTUBE OVERLOAD :rolleyes1

So I also have been toying around with the music for the ceremony!

I think I am set with what I am going to be using!

Little Mermaid (one of my favs) Part of Your World Instrumental
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL37hKxUBcA&feature=related

(This will be playing when Thomas (DF) walks his mom and grandma down the aisle to their seats, and he will take his place at the altar, next my Brother, who is going to be my man of honor, will walk down my mom, and take his spot, and then all my groomsman will walk down as well- as mentioned before, I am having all groomsman- never was friends with many girls and our male friends are shared equally between me and DF)

Pachbel- Cannon D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOA-2hl1Vbc

(This will be playing when I am walking down the aisle with my Dad!!! I have known for what seems like forever that I would love to walk down the aisle to this song, as well as it has special meaning to me and DF. He learned how to play it on the piano for me :love:)

Beauty and the Beast Instrumental
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKiS-C0zobs

(This will be played during the sand ceremony- love this movie as well :) )

Also I have a slight obsession with the Back to the Future trilogy, and even though it is a Disney affair, I would love to play The Power of Love for when we make our gracious exit from the Altar, or when we enter the reception? Not sure yet where I want to have it, but one of those two places!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NMph943tsw

You can also actually rent a replica Delorean Time Machine.... totally might do this for my wedding..:rotfl:

During the cocktail hour, I am going to ask the DJ to just play from the Disney FairyTales Wedding Instrumental CD

3NGA09hZ3UmEHkc9LwatJov6cVxAjwk1wwrR4NtCb_Rr-AnniPeRdYliFTfDMpOdRVAYb3PLBXb6KsxNll5adbzHY70qLKZ-5AVnXR4JvHvxyEkn6kiahvNhHoGFaZYrme5ecv6uktec8Lt4-yuy9wG-AI4fvjxAonnFuzXrfXhjv8RNRsc

Hmmm... what else?

I think I am going to play Butterfly Kisses for my Father Daughter Dance even though I fear it will make me bawl...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpuMfzEiKOs&feature=related

They also sell as Little Golden Books ( I used to LOVE these as a kid) of Butterfly Kisses, that I will probably buy for my dad as a gift, and write some type of message/letter in there for him!

books

I also LOVE the song "Love Story" by Taylor Swift, and again me and DF have a special story for this song... I found this well done youtube video using the song and Disney Characters.. I think I might play this at the rehearsal? Or maybe the reception? It so cute! :goodvibes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm_ZMTJSjj8&feature=fvw

Also one of our favorite bands will be our first dance. Anberlin-Inevitable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-DneD0z1mE

Thoughts? :)

It all looks brilliant!!
I would love to do a sand ceremony at our VR but have decided against it as I think I will have real issues getting it all home again on the plane!!
Love all the music and the things you have bought. This is going to be a real Disney wedding even if it is not in Disney!!

It all looks brilliant!!
I would love to do a sand ceremony at our VR but have decided against it as I think I will have real issues getting it all home again on the plane!!
Love all the music and the things you have bought. This is going to be a real Disney wedding even if it is not in Disney!!

Haha thank you!! :) Luckily for the sand ceremony my parents will be able to hold onto it for us- despite the 1 and a 1/2 commute back home, but I think we will manage!

Thank you very much!! :goodvibes I could listen to the Part of Your World Instrumental song on repeat for days! It is so beautiful!! Anything by Alan Menken is like :love:

I hope to bring the Disney Magic to SC! :wizard:

So my parents were in town for a few days, and we decided to venture out and happened to stumble across the David's Bridal in the area, so we decided to just take a peek, since I hadn't tried on any dresses yet!

It was on a Thursday afternoon, so they actually weren't that busy at all, and I managed to get a consultant and had the opportunity to try on a few dresses!! :goodvibes So I had my mom and dad with me, and it was so nice!

The first one was really nice, and had a drop waist, which isn't something I thought I would like, but it suited me well! The ruffles were beautiful, but almost too clean cut for me.
P_8359_1_181646.jpg

The next one was princess Disney X10! :rotfl: It was beautiful!! But REALLY poofy! I like poofy, but this was so huge, I had a hard time coming out of the dressing room!! It was beautiful though!! :)
P_6119_1_126689.jpg

The last one sorta combined everything about the other two dresses that I liked, and I fell in love :lovestruc I didn't cry, because it was so surreal to see myself standing in a wedding dress, but it was so beautiful! I waited for my mom to cry, but she refused and said she was trying not to think about it! haha, my dad also loved it as well! She put a bird cage veil on with a beautiful flower, in my hair, and I was just in awe! It looks like feathers but was actually a flowly fabric, but I loved how it looks messy, but so elegant!
P_6277_1_126839.jpg

It was my first time trying on wedding dresses, so I still would like to shop around, but I definitely have my eye on that dress. It was a little out of our price range, but she said she would call if it went down lower!

How many times did you girls go to try on wedding dresses before you found the one?

Aww, how great to have both your parents there! :goodvibes
From the pictures, they all look lovely!

For me, the dress I've gone with was the first one I tried on (fate!) and I probably only tried on 3 extras in my whole dress shopping experience. :rotfl:

I just tuned in and the dresses look so good and the third one is sooo pretty!Loving you cake topper, it looks vintage (which I'm so into). Keep it coming...popcorn::

I only went with to one store and tried on exactly 2 dresses and the second was it for me. I knew it was the one and even just thinking about it, it gives me goosebumps. :thumbsup2

Love the cake topper, I haven't seen one like that before either and what a deal! I really like the sand ceremony vase with the subtle Hidden Mickeys on it. OK, BTTF is my fave movie of all time and I :lovestruc the idea of Power of Love, DF and I almost used that for our grand entrance, so upbeat! I can't believe you found somewhere to rent the delorean...jealous much!! I also think the idea of the golden book is so sweet. I remember dancing with my Dad to Butterfly Kisses at my sweet 16 party and bawling!! So sweet though. I love the 2nd dress, poofy and all!! Can't wait to read more!!

Aww, how great to have both your parents there! :goodvibes
From the pictures, they all look lovely!

For me, the dress I've gone with was the first one I tried on (fate!) and I probably only tried on 3 extras in my whole dress shopping experience. :rotfl:

Thanks! :goodvibes It was nice to have just my parents there, very laid back and no pressure!

I guess I am so used to watching "Say Yes to the Dress", and seeing other bride's reactions to their dresses, I am not sure how my reaction was! I mean they were all beautiful, and the "one" definitely felt good, and made me feel awesome, but no tears, or feeling of like this is DEF the one...:confused: I am not usually one to dress up in fancy dresses, so that might have something to do with it too..

Haha congrats with your dress! Making it so simple! :)

I just tuned in and the dresses look so good and the third one is sooo pretty!Loving you cake topper, it looks vintage (which I'm so into). Keep it coming...popcorn::

I only went with to one store and tried on exactly 2 dresses and the second was it for me. I knew it was the one and even just thinking about it, it gives me goosebumps. :thumbsup2

Thanks for tuning in!!! :) Yes, the third dress is lovely! It just looks so unique and haven't seen many brides with that particular style! And it's so me.

Haha... I got my cake topper in the mail last week, and I am in love! :love: It is so pretty! And does look vintage! I think it came out of someone's China Cabinet from who knows how long ago! They said it was un-used! But it just pulled me in, because it was so unique!

I want to feel like that about a dress!! I don't know if it was because it was my first time, and unplanned, and I just didn't know how to react, but it sounds like it can happen to a bride on the first time!! :) So happy for your dress experience! :goodvibes

Love the cake topper, I haven't seen one like that before either and what a deal! I really like the sand ceremony vase with the subtle Hidden Mickeys on it. OK, BTTF is my fave movie of all time and I :lovestruc the idea of Power of Love, DF and I almost used that for our grand entrance, so upbeat! I can't believe you found somewhere to rent the delorean...jealous much!! I also think the idea of the golden book is so sweet. I remember dancing with my Dad to Butterfly Kisses at my sweet 16 party and bawling!! So sweet though. I love the 2nd dress, poofy and all!! Can't wait to read more!!

Thanks for your kind words!!! :goodvibes Yes, it was a unique (and affordable) find for sure, since believe it or not, my DF was very picky on the topper! He said he wanted Mickey and Minnie, but Mickey couldn't be wearing a white tux, because he is not wearing a white tux , or a top hat, because he is not wearing a top hat, and then the one where Mickey is holding Minnie (to carry her over the threshold) He was like, we can't do that either! That is after the wedding! Haha.. I was like.... really?? :rotfl: So the dancing one was it for us, we are so playful and silly, it just seemed right that our topper reflected that!

Still looking for the sand vase, but I have some options so that's good!

OMG!!!!! :love:<3!! If you like BTTF, you are my new best friend!!! :thumbsup2: I def. knew I was going to use Power of Love SOMEWHERE... haha I thought about the grand entrance too... but right after the ceremony it will just be a huge celebration! And we can dance back up the aisle and get people up and moving! :)

Yeah apparently the Delorean is right in Myrtle Beach, about 20 minutes from where the wedding will take place... they have a calculator to see how much it would cost to rent, and they say they just charge for mileage, which would only be like... 25 miles.. but every time I get a quote, it says something like $500 dollars... :confused3

http://www.deloreantimemachine.com/about.php

So I might have to call on that one... but how cool would it be to have that at the ceremony for pictures afterwards....:cloud9:

Yeah I love the Golden Book idea!! That and he always used to buy me Golden books, and read them! And I figure I am going to bawl on the Father/Daughter dance anyways... might as well go all out and bawl! :lmao:

Hi, I'm just joining in! I love your ideas so far and really love the color teal. Your save-the-dates are awesome! I wish I had thought of something like that. Unfortunately, mine are already in the process of getting made so I can't change it now :goodvibes

i love colored shoes with the wedding dress so, of course, i say go for the teal shoes!

Just joining in...I'm off to work and need to keep this short-just to say I'm here!!!! Will def come back...LOVE your ideas so far...and the mickey head and heart shapes on the cupcakes..Love the cake topper...most people have a lid on the sand ceremony...I think there is a statement/story/reading that explains that one color is yours. One is his...and overtime those 2 colors combined representing your lives together. If I can find it I will post it for you. Love the teal!!!

Ok I really have to go to work...back later!!! :wizard:

Joining in! Love your plans so far and can't wait to read more!!

Hi, I'm just joining in! I love your ideas so far and really love the color teal. Your save-the-dates are awesome! I wish I had thought of something like that. Unfortunately, mine are already in the process of getting made so I can't change it now :goodvibes

i love colored shoes with the wedding dress so, of course, i say go for the teal shoes!

Thank you!!! :goodvibes

I LOVE your save the dates!!! We are debating on having an e-session or not, (because I was going to use them for the guestbook, but now not sure!) and I could probably still put our picture in the save the date, but I kinda am torn!

Haha, I am thinking the teal shoes too!! :lovestruc Just have to decide what style!

Just joining in...I'm off to work and need to keep this short-just to say I'm here!!!! Will def come back...LOVE your ideas so far...and the mickey head and heart shapes on the cupcakes..Love the cake topper...most people have a lid on the sand ceremony...I think there is a statement/story/reading that explains that one color is yours. One is his...and overtime those 2 colors combined representing your lives together. If I can find it I will post it for you. Love the teal!!!

Ok I really have to go to work...back later!!! :wizard:

Thanks so much for quick shout out!! :goodvibes

Yes, so many cupcake ideas!!! My head is swimming now!! :)

Thanks for the info on the sand ceremony!! I know I should do some more research on it, but just haven't had the time! Awww thank you!! If you could find that, that would be awesome!!! :love:

Yes... teal is my obsession!! :rotfl:

Joining in! Love your plans so far and can't wait to read more!!

Thank you Thank you!! :goodvibes

So I am having a dilemma! So any input will be wonderful!!

So we booked out photographer, and she is great! But we are trying to decide on prices and what we want and don't want... Now conveniently she has pre-set packages, and she also has a la carte things as well, and you can add or subtract from any package.

Now, my question is, how much does photography typically run for a wedding? Does the day of the week impact price at all? All the packages she has include at least 8 hours of coverage of the wedding day and something like 600+ pictures.. plus You have to pay to get the rights to the photos, which is normal correct??

(the package we are looking at it is $4900! :scared1:)

**Also, a bridal session with the photographer... worth it? Not worth it?

Now my next question is should we do an engagement session? My original idea was to use these pictures and make into our guest book. We aren't doing a newspaper announcement and basically I was wondering what else we would use these pictures for? (luckily I have some time to decide on this, but would probably want to do them this upcoming spring, so I am sure I might need to figure something out soon..)

The reason I ask is that I have gotten the idea to get a plain black 9'' Vinylmation Mickey and use that as the guestbook, and it would be a nice keepsake to see the signatures, as opposed to being a in book.

And naturally I would probably get white and teal markers to sign with.
But for roughly about 80-100 people on our "rough-draft" guest list, would they all be able to sign on the one mickey? Or should I get a white and black one to symbolize us both??

NOW BACK TO PLANNING......

So after looking at PJ's ALL day..:rotfl:

I finally sat down and designed a monogram! I think it came out really nice and I love it!! And seeing the "J" next to my name....:love:

monogramfinal.jpg

I am going to use it on the front of the programs which will be a mickey head similar to this: (thanks to the DIS bride!!!) :goodvibes

fanfront-new.jpg

Where else do you typically put a Monogram? Just anywhere you want? :laughing: Our ceremony is going to be outside, so I probably wouldn't use a runner... but now I am in love with it, and want to put it everywhere!!

Hi, I love your ideas and colors, and everything!!!

To jump in about the vinylmation. We just had our wedding last week and used a pink 9" for our guest book. We only had 20 guests and they almost filled the space available. You might need 2 or 2 with that many guests. Too bad they don't make a bigger one. But just 9" was $40. I just put up pics of ours in my planning journal, just follow the link in my signature.

As for photography, we didn't pay anywhere near that price and the rights are included in our package, including all photos taken. We used Randy Chapman if that helps.

HTH :goodvibes and good luck and congratulations. Planning a Disney wedding is so much fun.

Hi, I love your ideas and colors, and everything!!!

To jump in about the vinylmation. We just had our wedding last week and used a pink 9" for our guest book. We only had 20 guests and they almost filled the space available. You might need 2 or 2 with that many guests. Too bad they don't make a bigger one. But just 9" was $40. I just put up pics of ours in my planning journal, just follow the link in my signature.

As for photography, we didn't pay anywhere near that price and the rights are included in our package, including all photos taken. We used Randy Chapman if that helps.

HTH :goodvibes and good luck and congratulations. Planning a Disney wedding is so much fun.

Thanks Deb!! :goodvibes

Haha what perfect timing on you posting your Vinylmation!! :rotfl: I can see how you can run out of space pretty quickly!! That and depending on how big people sign, and how much they write! I LOVE the idea though, and it looks so awesome on your mantle!

I misquoted the price a little bit, the package we were considering was $4300.. but still :scared1:

I would love to use Randy, but unfortunately, I will be having my wedding in SC!! :rolleyes1

I managed to pull up the pricing, so if this better helps anyone solve my dilemma, or to give you an idea of the pricing!

PICTURESSSSSS.jpg

Thanks in advance!! :)

For most packages I've seen, the rights and the CD are included in the package price (except for DPS that is...). Also, a lot of photographers include an engagement (or honeymoon) session with the package. Could you negotiate with your photographer?

Thanks Deb!! :goodvibes

Haha what perfect timing on you posting your Vinylmation!! :rotfl: I can see how you can run out of space pretty quickly!! That and depending on how big people sign, and how much they write! I LOVE the idea though, and it looks so awesome on your mantle!

I misquoted the price a little bit, the package we were considering was $4300.. but still :scared1:

I would love to use Randy, but unfortunately, I will be having my wedding in SC!! :rolleyes1

I managed to pull up the pricing, so if this better helps anyone solve my dilemma, or to give you an idea of the pricing!

PICTURESSSSSS.jpg

Thanks in advance!! :)

You are exactly right when saying depending on how big people sign. It worked out ok with mine because we had so few guests. But with anymore I think we would have run out of room quickly. We were out with our photographer while our wedding planner had our guests sign the vinylmation so I couldn't take control and say "don't write too big", lol.

I see from your photographers pricing that rights are released with the digital storybook alblum...but it's $1200 :scared1:

I hope you can negotiate something with her!

Love the monogram. :) The only other place I can think of to use it on is the cake.

The idea of using the Mickey Vinylmation as a guest-book is a great idea. That will be a great keepsake that can be displayed around the house much better then a regular guest-book.

The 9 inch figure is cool but kind of pricey, considering you will probably need more then one. Would the 3 inch figure work out better? It's only $8.95 http://www.disneystore.com/vinylmation-create-your-own-vinylmation-figure-3/mp/1261003/1000828/ and one could be placed on each table for guests to sign? Disneystore.com has been running some sales for Christmas so sign up for the newsletter or check the site daily for even cheaper prices.

I would call the DeLorean person and see if you can work out a deal since you are local. Plus I don't think that you are getting a limo? So that would be like your limo, it would make for some great photos for sure!

I agree with everyone that the puffy/feather dress looks the best. I'm no girl though so I'm not sure how you can tell it's the "one" but I think it would be something you would just know. I think once you find something you like you need to stick with it, and don't look back. There will always be something out there that is "better" but you need to go with what you think is the best at the time.

Wow at the prices for photos! I didn't know that it was that pricey! I say just get the cheapest package. See if she will do a package with no prints just a DVD only with all of the images. Photographers always overcharge for the prints. If you had the disc you could make prints/photo books yourself for much cheaper.

Also I think that Powerline should defiantly make an appearance at your wedding. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DVUwWZfzMw Just sayin'.:banana: :banana:

So I have been messing with Dining and I think we are going to splurge and do the DDXP, SO MUCH FOOD!!!

Here are my plans so far!!! (of course this is pending EMH and shifting around the parks based on the schedules released later):goodvibes

Disney Dining Plan
Deluxe- 21 meals each, 14 snacks each TOTAL= 42 meals, 28 snacks

ARRIVAL DAY!!! SATURDAY- NOV. 12.: MK

California Grill = 4 meals total @ Contemporary (Lunch/Dinner)
Wishes Dessert Party = OOP @ MK

SUNDAY- NOV. 13 : MGM (it will always be MGM to me...:))
Hollywood Brown Derby = 4 meals total @ MGM ( Lunch) – Fantasmic Package
Ohanas = 4 meal credits @ Poly (Dinner)

MONDAY- NOV. 14 : EPCOT
The Coral Reef = 2 meals total @ Epcot (Lunch)
Teppan Edo = 2 meals total @ Epcot (Dinner)

TUESDAY- NOV. 15 : AK / EPCOT
Tusker House- Donald's Safari Breakfast = 2 meals total @ AK (Breakfast)
Le Cellier Steakhouse = 4 meals total @ Epcot (Dinner)

WEDNESDAY-NOV. 16 : MGM / MK
Sci-Fi Diner = 2 meals total @ MGM (Lunch)
The Plaza = 2 meals total @ MK (Dinner)

THURSDAY- NOV. 17: AK
Yak & Yeti = 2 meals total @ AK (Lunch)
Hoop-De-Do-Musical Review = 4 meals total @ Ft. Wilderness (7:15 or 9:30- only on Thursdays and Saturdays)

FRIDAY- NOV. 18 (Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade) : MK

The Crystal Palace = 2 meals total @ MK (Breakfast)
Cinderella's Royal Table = 4 meals total @ MK (Dinner)

DEPARTURE DAY :( SATURDAY- NOV. 19
Ohanas = 2 meals total @ Polynesian Resort (Breakfast)

*We still have 2 extra meals left!!!:rotfl:

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Love the monogram. :) The only other place I can think of to use it on is the cake.

The idea of using the Mickey Vinylmation as a guest-book is a great idea. That will be a great keepsake that can be displayed around the house much better then a regular guest-book.

The 9 inch figure is cool but kind of pricey, considering you will probably need more then one. Would the 3 inch figure work out better? It's only $8.95 http://www.disneystore.com/vinylmation-create-your-own-vinylmation-figure-3/mp/1261003/1000828/ and one could be placed on each table for guests to sign? Disneystore.com has been running some sales for Christmas so sign up for the newsletter or check the site daily for even cheaper prices.

I would call the DeLorean person and see if you can work out a deal since you are local. Plus I don't think that you are getting a limo? So that would be like your limo, it would make for some great photos for sure!

I agree with everyone that the puffy/feather dress looks the best. I'm no girl though so I'm not sure how you can tell it's the "one" but I think it would be something you would just know. I think once you find something you like you need to stick with it, and don't look back. There will always be something out there that is "better" but you need to go with what you think is the best at the time.

Wow at the prices for photos! I didn't know that it was that pricey! I say just get the cheapest package. See if she will do a package with no prints just a DVD only with all of the images. Photographers always overcharge for the prints. If you had the disc you could make prints/photo books yourself for much cheaper.

Also I think that Powerline should defiantly make an appearance at your wedding. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DVUwWZfzMw Just sayin'.:banana: :banana:

Thanks Chris!! :goodvibes

I am thinking I might put the Monogram on the coffee mug favor, if I can't get my previous idea to work!

I did the quote on the Delorean website, and it was like... $1099... ummm.. no:confused3 I sent an email back inquiring why it was so high, so hopefully I hear something back!!

I do love that dress, but am wondering if I should try on more!! There is another store I might go take a peak at tomorrow.... :goodvibes

I like the idea of the individual Vinylmations! I would like the photo guestbook, if the prices weren't so ridiculous!!

I sent her an email today, so hopefully I will hear back something about the prices! If I could just get the CD, then I could make my own book if I needed to...

HAHA I would love a Powerline band at my wedding... :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter