Disney with a Southern Twist- Tomber 11.11.11 UPDATE: BLOGGED & LIFE!! 1/24!

I am using my logo on invitations, programmes, welcome folders, favour tags, newsletters, welcome bag, labels for items in the welcome bag.... the list just goes on and on!!!
As you can see, it is also my avatar!!

So I have been messing with Dining and I think we are going to splurge and do the DDXP, SO MUCH FOOD!!!

Here are my plans so far!!! (of course this is pending EMH and shifting around the parks based on the schedules released later):goodvibes

Disney Dining Plan
Deluxe- 21 meals each, 14 snacks each TOTAL= 42 meals, 28 snacks

ARRIVAL DAY!!! SATURDAY- NOV. 12.: MK

California Grill = 4 meals total @ Contemporary (Lunch/Dinner)
Wishes Dessert Party = OOP @ MK

SUNDAY- NOV. 13 : MGM (it will always be MGM to me...:))
Hollywood Brown Derby = 4 meals total @ MGM ( Lunch) – Fantasmic Package
Ohanas = 4 meal credits @ Poly (Dinner)

MONDAY- NOV. 14 : EPCOT
The Coral Reef = 2 meals total @ Epcot (Lunch)
Teppan Edo = 2 meals total @ Epcot (Dinner)

TUESDAY- NOV. 15 : AK / EPCOT
Tusker House- Donald's Safari Breakfast = 2 meals total @ AK (Breakfast)
Le Cellier Steakhouse = 4 meals total @ Epcot (Dinner)

WEDNESDAY-NOV. 16 : MGM / MK
Sci-Fi Diner = 2 meals total @ MGM (Lunch)
The Plaza = 2 meals total @ MK (Dinner)

THURSDAY- NOV. 17: AK
Yak & Yeti = 2 meals total @ AK (Lunch)
Hoop-De-Do-Musical Review = 4 meals total @ Ft. Wilderness (7:15 or 9:30- only on Thursdays and Saturdays)

FRIDAY- NOV. 18 (Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade) : MK

The Crystal Palace = 2 meals total @ MK (Breakfast)
Cinderella's Royal Table = 4 meals total @ MK (Dinner)

DEPARTURE DAY :( SATURDAY- NOV. 19
Ohanas = 2 meals total @ Polynesian Resort (Breakfast)

*We still have 2 extra meals left!!!:rotfl:

Thoughts? Suggestions?

So glad my wedding has come and gone...I gains 4 inches and a gazzillion pounds looking at your line up!!!

I'll see if I can find the sand ceremony thing...I think I watched it in someones video or in their PJ...but I'll see what I can do! :thumbsup2

Love the idea of the vinylmation Mickey to sign in lieu of the traditional guest book. I think you may need 2 of them and probably just for signatures, no special notes, etc. Maybe you could do a wish jar or something similar for sentiments. The monogram is gorgeous and I have always loved those Mickey head fan programs. As far as your photography package, that is super pricey. I was quoted by one of the three Disney suggested Photographer vendors here in Cali and a photog/videog package was 5,500. That was with keeping all the prints and having a book made, editing, etc.

I am using my logo on invitations, programmes, welcome folders, favour tags, newsletters, welcome bag, labels for items in the welcome bag.... the list just goes on and on!!!
As you can see, it is also my avatar!!

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas!! :goodvibes I will definitely have to find some places for the monogram for sure!! I might make them into stamps for the envelopes, or as stickers to use to seal the enevelopes!!

THANK YOU!! :) haha... yeah I think I might have to starve myself a week before the wedding so I can eat all the food I have planned! (which won't be a terrible idea, before the wedding! :rotfl:)

Love the idea of the vinylmation Mickey to sign in lieu of the traditional guest book. I think you may need 2 of them and probably just for signatures, no special notes, etc. Maybe you could do a wish jar or something similar for sentiments. The monogram is gorgeous and I have always loved those Mickey head fan programs. As far as your photography package, that is super pricey. I was quoted by one of the three Disney suggested Photographer vendors here in Cali and a photog/videog package was 5,500. That was with keeping all the prints and having a book made, editing, etc.

Thank you!! :) Yeah, I will have to think about the vinylmations idea... if I can get the photographer to work with me, I might be able to get the picture guestbook, and DF wasn't sold on the vinylmations idea! :confused3
Yes! I love the idea of the mickey fan programs, just so cute! And you never know if it will be hot or cold or what with this crazy weather!

Yeah... the photography, it is beginning to worry me about the prices... :scared1: I am a wedding newbie.. and I guess I had no idea how much typical photography was and what was a good price or not... She was recommended by my wedding venue, and she is apparently a friend of the family's daughter, so hoping it works out!! I sent her an email last week asking if she has discounted rates, since my ceremony will be on a Friday, which is not typical for most photographers, I also mentioned if I could just purchase the DVD with all the rights and pictures, and I can always go somewhere and make my own guestbook, and wedding album. But haven't heard back from her yet, so hoping it is just because it is so close to the holidays, and that I didn't insult her of anything :confused3

So me and DF are home for the holidays, and many of our groomsman will be in town for the holidays as well. We don't get to see them as much as we used to, and some we haven't seen in almost a year, so we thought it might be a good time to ask them to be in our wedding party!

If you hadn't read previously, I am having all groomsman, so I was trying to think of a cute way to ask them to be in our wedding, but they are guys... so a little cute card really probably won't do it for them. :rotfl:

I keep telling DF we need to ask them sooner than later, because lots of our friends have gotten engaged recently, and I told him we need to "book" them before everyone else!! haha

How did your DF's/DH's ask their groomsman?

We are having a small wedding (just 22 of us) so DF only asked 1 person but it was kinda sweet how he did it.

He's been best friends with the same guy forever so there was never any question who he would ask to be his best man. So when we got engaged DF got some 'best man' cufflinks from a wedding shop in London. He took his friend to the pub one afternoon (they are big pub guys, they're always in the pub!) and DF gave him a big speech (like he was proposing...infact it was probably more loving and heart felt than the one I got!! :rotfl:) and then he slid the cufflink box across the table at him! Unfortunately I wasnt there to see it but the 2 of them came back from the pub giggling like little girls! Needless to say he said he'd love to be DF's best man and they still talk about DF's 'proposal' now!!

HA! We were out to dinner with our BM and his fiance, and my DH just randomly looks across the table and says "So, you know you are going to have to make a speech, right?"

That was his heartfelt way of asking him. :thumbsup2

For my girls I made cute cards and got them little gifts, for the guys DH just called them and asked them. For guys, I don't think you really need to go too crazy, although I love the "proposal" with the cufflinks, so funny!

Fellow South Carolinian here! :goodvibes (Also fellow Disney and Back to the Future lover!)

Just thought I'd check in and say great PJ so far!

Is your wedding going to be in Charleston? Are you still looking for a photographer? I work at a photography studio in the Upstate and might be able to help you out with some SC photographers and their styles if you're still undecided. :goodvibes

We are having a small wedding (just 22 of us) so DF only asked 1 person but it was kinda sweet how he did it.

He's been best friends with the same guy forever so there was never any question who he would ask to be his best man. So when we got engaged DF got some 'best man' cufflinks from a wedding shop in London. He took his friend to the pub one afternoon (they are big pub guys, they're always in the pub!) and DF gave him a big speech (like he was proposing...infact it was probably more loving and heart felt than the one I got!! :rotfl:) and then he slid the cufflink box across the table at him! Unfortunately I wasnt there to see it but the 2 of them came back from the pub giggling like little girls! Needless to say he said he'd love to be DF's best man and they still talk about DF's 'proposal' now!!

Thanks for idea and sharing your story! Haha that totally sounds like my DF! He has been friends with his "soon to be" best man since like the 1st grade, and they are silly so I can totally see them doing something similar to this! DF always jokes and says he asked his best man first, but he turned him down, so I was his second choice to be asked... :rotfl2:

HA! We were out to dinner with our BM and his fiance, and my DH just randomly looks across the table and says "So, you know you are going to have to make a speech, right?"

That was his heartfelt way of asking him. :thumbsup2

Hahaha... again, why I needed to think of a way to ask our groomsman, because of male moments like this! :) But its funny because that's all they need.

For my girls I made cute cards and got them little gifts, for the guys DH just called them and asked them. For guys, I don't think you really need to go too crazy, although I love the "proposal" with the cufflinks, so funny!

I agree completely! Guys don't get as excited as a bridesmaid would... but I did have to think about something for my guys! We were going to just call, but with most of them being in town, we wanted to get with them and ask in person! We still might have to end of calling a few though...

Fellow South Carolinian here! :goodvibes (Also fellow Disney and Back to the Future lover!)

Just thought I'd check in and say great PJ so far!

Is your wedding going to be in Charleston? Are you still looking for a photographer? I work at a photography studio in the Upstate and might be able to help you out with some SC photographers and their styles if you're still undecided. :goodvibes

HEY!! You might be a my long lost twin! :goodvibes <3!!

Thanks very much for the good feedback!!

It was originally going to be in Charleston, but we wanted to invite so many people and it was just more convenient to do it in MB. Charleston is lovely though!!! I think we will do our E-pics there!

I actually already put a deposit on my current photographer, and would hate to lose that, although it might end up being cheaper to lose that and still go with someone else! :scared1: I will def. let you know if I am in need of a new photographer!! I am hoping I hear something from her after the holidays and we can work out prices!!

Thanks everyone for the great feedback!!:goodvibes

Most of our hopefully "soon to be" groomsman got in town yesterday, so we hope to ask at least 4 of them later tonight!

I looked up a few ideas online and finally came up with a "Will you be my groomsman" type card, and added some Disney flair :wizard:

I just printed it on a plain piece of white paper, and got some of those already decorated, ready made boxes and some tissue paper, and put them together. Here are two of them:

ber3-1.jpg

ber.jpg

ber2.jpg

If we don't see some of them this holiday, I plan on mailing something similar to those who still need to be asked!

Hopefully everyone we ask will be able to be apart of our special day!! I will keep you updated!! :goodvibes

I think those look great! :thumbsup2

It still makes it more special, but not to "girly" if you know what I mean.

I think those look great! :thumbsup2

It still makes it more special, but not to "girly" if you know what I mean.

Thanks!! :) I wanted to do something else besides just asking outright!

SO UPDATE:

We have our BEST man! :) He enjoyed the little "gift" and was happy to be apart of our special day!

We also have MY "MAN" of Honor, which is my brother, he was happy to oblige as well!

We also have another groomsman, who right after we gave him his "gift", he said, oh yeah, will you be in my wedding as a groomsman too? Haha.. classic way for a guy to ask a guy when he doesn't have a girl behind him... haha :) So DF will be in a wedding Oct. 1st!!

I didn't get to see 3 of my potential groomsman over break, due to time constraints and such :( So I will hopefully see them this upcoming weekend, if not I will have to be mailing my Groomsman cards to them instead!

But we have 3! :woohoo:

Ok so just catching up again after being away. I love all your plans to far. Love the teal color for the shoes. Gorgeous! Your monograms are also really cute. I love the lil mickey in them. And your groomsmen cards are soo adorable. Pretty much everyone in my wedding party agreed to be in the wedding but my DF(who sometimes I want to strangle) has yet to ask his best friend to be his best man. He says he's waiting for the right opportunity and that he knows he's going to be the best man anyways. Ugh! we've been engaged nearly 6 months! Anyways enough of that good for you and your DF that you're "booking" your groomsmen. LoL.

A best friend of mine came into town just to visit me today :goodvibes and we had planned to go wedding dress shopping! The exciting thing was that we had made these plans last week, and it just so happens she got proposed to last week right after I had seen her, right before Christmas!!! :love: So we were going to make our dress shopping adventure a 2 for 1 deal!!! Hahaha

So I had an appointment at a boutique but it ended up being a very small and cramped store with little selection, not enough help, and for a bride with a wayyyy too big budget.... so we bee-lined it to David's Bridal! :rotfl:

My consultant was there and was able to fit me in with no appointment, and I was able to try on some more dresses! Previously I had tried on a ruffled organza that I loved, and my friend managed to pull some dresses I didn't try on last time. I am now in love with 3 of them!! :lovestruc

dress4.jpg

This was the original one I had tried on with my parents! I still loved it, but I feel that if it is bustled, I will lose the look of the dress that I like...

dress2.jpg

This one truly made me feel like I stepped out of fairytale... perfect for a Disney wedding right? They had it in the Ivory and I actually preferred that look, it made it look vintage and beautiful.

dress1.jpg

This one was like 4 dresses in one! It had all the elements that I liked on previous dresses, and it made me feel beautiful!

Ahhhh! So now I have so many choices, but I think I am getting closer!! Plus they are having a sale, so I am debating on the dresses now! :rolleyes1

What does everyone else think?

Definitely the last dress! Of all the dresses you've talked about and tried this is the only one I think you have said makes you feel beautiful...That is your dress.:wizard:

love love the 3rd, the jewelry on it looks so unique and I believe in stepping out of the crowd. :thumbsup2

Definitely the last dress! Of all the dresses you've talked about and tried this is the only one I think you have said makes you feel beautiful...That is your dress.:wizard:

I never noticed that!!! :goodvibes Thank you!! I have another appointment on Jan. 15th, so I need to go back and try them on again, but I did fall in love with the unique aspects of the 3rd dress...

I will probably look at those dresses a million times before I make a decision... I am VERY indecisive. I am the one who debates on two things for dinner.. finally decides, and immediately after ordering.. regrets the decision and wishes I would have gotten something else...haha

love love the 3rd, the jewelry on it looks so unique and I believe in stepping out of the crowd. :thumbsup2

Thank you!! I am a unique one for sure.. :lmao:

SO another update before the new year... :D

It is DF's birthday on Jan 1st (he swears everyone is celebrating his birthday in Times Square...) and it will symbolize the first day of 2011, which will be our wedding year!!! :love:

So I am going to make something special for him- kind of a keepsake since we aren't doing gifts this upcoming year, so we can save for the wedding and our honeymoon!

So we have been having some photography issues like I mentioned before in previous posts, so I think we have her down in price to something that will be more comfortable to pay.. but that means cutting the engagement session and the photo guestbook :headache: BUT (trying to think positive here) we are going to try to take our own engagement photos using family or friends and then making our own photo guest book. There are several websites that offer some pretty decent make your own books, for some good prices.

AND

I have a brilliant idea for a side guest book as well. I have been trying to incorporate little Disney touches here and there, and have always loved the Disney Kiss Poster.

the-disney-kiss.jpg

So I am going to get this poster, and a really nice frame, and have it at the reception alongside the guest book to be signed, so we can have both a keepsake book as well as a more visual display as well.

I was going to include a picture frame with a cute poem or instructions on why the poster is there and such, so something like this? (I just thought of this on a whim, so it might need to be tweaked..)

It all started with a "Disney" kiss
Sign with love using a pen in hand and flick of your wrist
But wait, don't leave there is one more thing to do
The bride & groom's photo guest book needs your signature too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter