Disney with a Southern Twist- Tomber 11.11.11 UPDATE: BLOGGED & LIFE!! 1/24!

sw33t_angel

DIS Veteran
HiHi Everyone! :)

I have been obsessed with these boards for about a month now, and even though I am not having my wedding ceremony in the world, we will be going there for our Disneymoon. But Mickey & the gang will very much be apart of our day in our Disney themed wedding in on 11.11.11 in South Carolina!

berandpluto.jpg
Disney has been in my blood since the very early years of my childhood. I lived in New Mexico and Texas for a big duration of my life before moving to South Carolina. Despite the distance, we would still make a family vacation every year to Orlando, those are some of the best memories with my family.
berandminnie.jpg

I would always remember seeing newlywed couples with their mickey ears, and just dream that some day that would be me. I dreamed of having a Disney wedding and marrying my prince and having my dad give me away like in the Little Mermaid. (Ariel is my favorite!) Ideally I would love to be married in Disney, but I have my heart set on 11.11.11, way too many people to invite, and not putting my parents in massive amounts of debt! Disney will very much be with me no matter where I get married, I will try to do my best to bring that pixie dust to SC, and then leave it to the experts for my Disneymoon! :) Plus, I see a vow renewal in Disney in my much later future! :)

I look forward to posting here, and getting more fantastic ideas and inspirations from you all! :)

Up next! My prince and our story!

Thomas and I first met in 9th grade in high school. I had moved to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in the 7th grade, and Thomas has been here all his life.

We became fast friends through classes and marching band, and eventually ended up attending the same college, I was dating a previous boyfriend at the time, so we had just remained friends, however our bond was growing in an unexpected way. We were basically attached at the hip! My relationship ended with my ex and our friendship as best friends continued to grow into something more. Thomas asked me to be his girlfriend on March 12, 2004.

We dated for over 6 1/2 years through college as well as roughing a 2 year long distance relationship, which has now finally ended, since I made the move to Charleston, SC.

Thomas proposed on June 16, 2010 by surprising me at my house on a random Wednesday, I was still in MB at the time, and he was supposed to be at work in Charleston. He was dressed in a handsome suit surrounded with massive amounts of flowers, candles, a made from scratch meal (this coming from a guy who considers putting chicken on a George Foreman "cooking"), and a homemade CD which was playing all of our favorite lovey dovey songs.

engage3.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

engage42.jpg
I was in shock and kept asking, "what is going on?" my heart was beating right out of my chest. He had a few choice words for me, and ended on one knee asking me if I would make him the happiest man in the world presenting me with a gorgeous ring.
ring3.jpg
It was so beautiful! Of course I said yes! :) (he managed to set up 3 cameras to film the entire thing, so its something I can always treasure!!!)
IMG_0217.jpg
We have a long history with the time 11:11 am/pm where we would always happen to be together, or see the time, and always make a wish, and say "I love you". Also with our anniversaries being on the 12th of every month. Our first kiss was on November 12th, so there are several significant points for our wedding date 11.11.11. (with Thomas being a computer guy... it is the last binary date.. haha)

Thomas is fully on board for my Disney obsession so I have begun my planning!

Up next: What I have so far and some ideas swimming in my head! :)

So, I am still job hunting since my recent move to Charleston, so I have been planning like crazy while I have the free time!

Our colors will be BLACK & TEAL! Also, it is our college alma mater colors!
coastal_carolina_medium.gif
BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFkR1VEZXLXg1M1JHaFI2RWtSZlhXUVEAAAACaWQKAXgAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg

We will be having the wedding and reception in Myrtle Beach, so I am planning from Charleston! I have already booked the venue for our date! It is a beautiful country club white plantation house set on a golf course, very private and southern! We will have our ceremony on the lawn and the reception in the plantation house!

0586_wed99981.jpg
p2.jpg

I also have a local photographer who is awesome! :) I love her work! http://www.carmenashphotography.com/

STATIONARY

I am going to try to be as DIY as I can! I am making my own invitations, save the dates, and programs! As well as messing around with the center pieces and such.

I made a save the date already, debating whether to print them at home, or print them somewhere else? I wanted to keep the mickey shape and cut it out, and find a way to attach a magnet somehow?
savethedate.jpg

I am going to use this silhouette for all parts of the invitations and programs
weddinginvitation.png

DRESS IDEAS

I like the strapless, with the fuller skirt, ball-gown type. I love the look of the feathers, flowers, torn look at the bottom.
number2.jpg
number1.jpg

SHOES

I have been debating on teal or white shoes. I am thinking a ballet flat, or maybe even possibly a sandal.
tealwhiteflat.jpg
whiterainbow.jpg
tealflat.jpg

BOUQUET

I have had a florist since Thomas and I have started dating. She is an old family friend and I love her to death! :)
- I am actually going to have all groomsman at my wedding. I have never had many girl friends, and Thomas and I both share the same guy friends as well as my brother is going to be my "man" of honor. So mine will be the only bouquet! I am very simple... I actually love carnations, and Thomas gave me a green carnation when he first asked me to be his girlfriend.

I wanted just a simple white carnation bouquet, maybe teal, if they can dye the flowers? Maybe even black and white? And I wanted to include a green carnation for Thomas and I, and two remembrance flowers for Thomas's Dad and my Grandma. Black fabric for the handle.

carnationstewart22.jpg
Black_White_Diamante_Bridal_Posy_Alt_1M2.jpg

JEWLERY

I am not a huge jewlery fan, I typically never wear necklaces, bracelets, or earrings. I am only wearing my engagement ring. I have gauges in my ears, so typical earrings won't work in my ears. I was thinking something bold, to tie in my colors, and be my something blue.
tealnecklace2.jpg
tealneck.jpg

HEADPIECE

I am not a huge tiara fan, but do like the look of something in my hair besides the veil. I like these two headpieces.
headpiece4.jpg
headpiece2.jpg

HAIR

No idea yet.... I am going to try to go it out longer again, it is a little past my shoulders, and is naturally wavy. I have been dying my hair red for a little less than a year now, and I really like it. Can't decide to go my natural brown or stay red? Here is what my hair looks like dyed, and not dyed, and a few hair styles- can't decide yet on up or down.

amber1.jpg
berduran.jpg

lauren-conrad-hair-take-two.jpg
lauren_conrad300.jpg
lauren_conrad_teen_choice_awards_preparty.jpg

That's all for now! Sorry for the HUGE post, and some HUGE pictures! :)

Hi and welcome!!!
Loving all your plans so far!!
Part of the sillouette you are using for your stationary seems to be the House of Parliament and Big Ben - any signifcance there?
My DH will be ever so jealous about your Myrtle Beach wedding!! We are from the UK and every two years he goes to Myrtle Beach on a golfing holiday with his friends and my brother. He adores the place. What is the name of the golf club you are marrying at? I am sure he will know it!!
Enjoy all your planning!!

Congrats on the engagment. I love the colors you picked. And the dress is beautiful.

I like your hair both colors but more towards the brown.

Love the save the dates. They are cute.

Your picture of the ring is not displaying so I can't see it. :confused3 I can't wait to hear more about your wedding planning.

Can't wait to read more!!! :goodvibes

Thanks! :) Love following you as well!

Hi and welcome!!!
Loving all your plans so far!!
Part of the sillouette you are using for your stationary seems to be the House of Parliament and Big Ben - any signifcance there?
My DH will be ever so jealous about your Myrtle Beach wedding!! We are from the UK and every two years he goes to Myrtle Beach on a golfing holiday with his friends and my brother. He adores the place. What is the name of the golf club you are marrying at? I am sure he will know it!!
Enjoy all your planning!!

Thank you!! :) Nope, no real significance. I really just liked the silhouette.. haha.

Myrtle Beach is a good time for sure, but unfortunately I neither like golf or seafood, and everyone always asked me, "why are you in MB then?" haha, I loved it there though, but Charleston is amazing!

The country club is actually in the Litchfield/Pawleys Island area, about 15-20 minutes from "downtown" MB, I like the calmer feel down there and it seems more southern to me, if that makes sense?

It is the Litchfield Country Club- it is part of the Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort if that helps? :)

Congrats on the engagment. I love the colors you picked. And the dress is beautiful.

I like your hair both colors but more towards the brown.

Love the save the dates. They are cute.

Your picture of the ring is not displaying so I can't see it. :confused3 I can't wait to hear more about your wedding planning.

I fixed the picture so hopefully you can see it now!! :)

Yeah, the hair will have to be another issue that I will deal with later! :) I do like the brown though!!!

Thanks for the compliments and for reading!! :)

Yup I recognise the Lichfield/Pawley's Island name!!
I think they actually stayed at Pawley's Island one trip. Gosh I dare not tell DH that they do weddings there or else he'll try to change our location :lmao:

Yay I'm following! I love your scheme and everything so far!!
Re: magnets! They sell sheets of magnet "paper" that is sticky on one side! you could attach the printed out STD and cut it out :)

Congratulations on your engagement. How romantic and sweet. :goodvibes I love your colors and all your plans so far. And of course yey for another November 2011 bride! Looking forward to following along with your planning. popcorn::

Your ring is so beautiful. I am sure the hair color that you chose will look beautiful either way.

Again I love the colors that you are chosing for the wedding.

I will stay tuned for more on your wedding planning.

Just found your thread! You have me excited for Disney all over again! You are going to have so much fun! I look forward to helping you and Thomas plan the BEST honeymoon!

Yay I'm following! I love your scheme and everything so far!!
Re: magnets! They sell sheets of magnet "paper" that is sticky on one side! you could attach the printed out STD and cut it out :)

Thank you!! Yes, I have seen that magnet paper! Might have to try that!!

Congratulations on your engagement. How romantic and sweet. :goodvibes I love your colors and all your plans so far. And of course yey for another November 2011 bride! Looking forward to following along with your planning. popcorn::

w00t w00t November brides! All the cool brides are doing it ;) Thanks, for following along!

Your ring is so beautiful. I am sure the hair color that you chose will look beautiful either way.

Again I love the colors that you are chosing for the wedding.

I will stay tuned for more on your wedding planning.

Thank you! He did a great job on the ring! :) I am thinking of going back brown, but we'll see!

Just found your thread! You have me excited for Disney all over again! You are going to have so much fun! I look forward to helping you and Thomas plan the BEST honeymoon!

Oh my gosh! You found me!! :) I could have talked to you alllll night about Disney!!

I think we are looking at POR... because it is saving us $1000.... I don't know what to do!! I think I will probably book this weekend though! :) Look forward to your help! Thank you!! <3!

So a few more ideas swimming in my head.... (sorry for the ramble!)

Officially we are booked 100% for the country club, and the photographer is also a sure thing!

I need to start looking for a dress! But, maybe after the holidays... haha

I have some ideas for the engagement session photos, as well as I need to figure out when to do it, since we have a big open window. I am thinking Spring, maybe a little earlier, because we are using the pictures to make into our guestbook, so I will have to have time to put that together!

Some ideas for outfits: (definitely want a dress though I think!)

tealdress.jpg

summer_dresses.jpg

cc78c7582d5f94c71e2daa71b434b477.jpg

10J979OLIP

Also, we are taking them in Charleston, SC, so tons of beautiful opportunities!

1_d5a14999a8050957788d679fd87618d7.jpg

I am going to bring along the mickey and minnie wedding ears that I already purchased from ebay to the photo session, as well I am going to buy some mickey shaped balloons for the e-session as well (I saw a similar idea from these threads from another Dis bride!)
!Bmbu3y!Bmk~$%28KGrHqUOKjMEtlsljPbrBLfkT6vv+Q~~_35.GIF

Cake topper?

mickeymouseweddingcaketoppernewsite.jpg

minnie-and-mickey-mouse-bobbleheads-2-pc-wedding-set.jpg

I saw this and thought of an easy diy for the tables, maybe to hold the table names, or or something? Styrofoam balls, ans paint them black and glue them into mickey shape?

Minimousecenterpiece.jpg

We are having cupcakes instead of a wedding cake for guests, and we will have a small tier just for us, for the cake topper and to cut into for the cake cutting ceremony.

I found some neat ideas for the cupcakes, and how to add a little mickey touch, which ones do you like? (colors will be teal and black)

mickey-cupcakes-recipe-photo-260x260-cl-d.jpg
(so this one might have teal frosting?)

Hartsandmickeyearscupcakes.jpg
(same with teal frosting)

534197082_0381b589f5.jpg

2972971908_1d8b607ace.jpg

Going to buy this for the drive down to Orlando for the Honeymoon!

auction08051113.jpg

I am sure I will have more updates soon! :)

Sounds like you got a lot of things figured out already. Everything will be here before you know it!

A few things from your post above:

• I like your natural hair color the best!
    Your save the date Mickey cut out is sweet!

Now all that's left is finalizing your travel plans. Still any decisions on Deluxe or Moderate resort? I think either one will be great. It will just be some trade offs for what you want to do. The money you save can be used for other things like the Disney Christmas event, and any other extras.

Your wedding is getting my excited about Disney again! Also it has had me looking at Disney World stuff/items for 2 days in a row now! So I can be refreshed and ready to make your ever after the best ever. I hope your happy. :banana: In fact I'm watching Aladdin on TV as I type this! *sings* A whole new wooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrllllllllldddddddddddddddddd!

Just joining in, love your ideas thus far! The LC hairstyle (the first one) is beautiful!! Can't wait to read more, I will be following right along!popcorn::

Joining in! I love what you have planned so far -- very creative! I especially love the silhouette you're going to use. :goodvibes

I also wanted to ask you about the teal ballet flats ... can you tell me where you found them? I've been trying to find similar ones in different colors. :)

Just joining in, love your ideas thus far! The LC hairstyle (the first one) is beautiful!! Can't wait to read more, I will be following right along!popcorn::

Thanks for Joining!! :) Yes, I love LC's hair!! I definitely want to do something like hers, I am really feeling a braid!!

Enjoy the ride :rotfl:

Joining in! I love what you have planned so far -- very creative! I especially love the silhouette you're going to use. :goodvibes

I also wanted to ask you about the teal ballet flats ... can you tell me where you found them? I've been trying to find similar ones in different colors. :)

Thank you!! :goodvibes I loved the silhouette too! It doesn't tie in with my color scheme, but I am using it anyways, because I fell in love with it!!

Well the actual teal ballet flats are by Rocket Dog, I found them on a random google search, but apparently they don't make that specific color anymore :confused3 So I will have to keep searching!!

I saw that Target did have some cute teal ballet flats for under $20 bucks, so that might be an option too!!

I actually fell in love with the Marc by Marc Jacobs Mouse Flats that another Dis Bride used for her wedding, but I can't bring myself to spend over $250 for shoes... :scared1:

Thanks again for joining in!! Updates are incoming! :)

Thank you!! :goodvibes I loved the silhouette too! It doesn't tie in with my color scheme, but I am using it anyways, because I fell in love with it!!

Well the actual teal ballet flats are by Rocket Dog, I found them on a random google search, but apparently they don't make that specific color anymore :confused3 So I will have to keep searching!!

I saw that Target did have some cute teal ballet flats for under $20 bucks, so that might be an option too!!

I actually fell in love with the Marc by Marc Jacobs Mouse Flats that another Dis Bride used for her wedding, but I can't bring myself to spend over $250 for shoes... :scared1:

Thanks again for joining in!! Updates are incoming! :)

Thanks for pointing me to Rocket Dog -- I actually was able to find exactly what I was looking for! :thumbsup2 And I know which Marc Jacobs flats you mean ... they are pretty pricey aren't they!

We'll be looking forward to your updates! :)

So I had an idea for a cake topper to have Mickey and Minnie, and had seen many of the generic ones. However while browsing on ebay during Thanksgiving, I came across this little gem!

topper.jpg

It was only $14 with shipping!! Hoping I get it in the mail soon! I hadn't really seen this one before, and them dancing symbolizes our relationship more than the typical standing figures :)

Also, we are going to have a sand ceremony. My mom had a cute idea of getting sand from where I was born, and from where Thomas was born, but we would have to dye the sand to be our colors, unless we had that sand in additional to the other sand, I just thought it would be neat! :)

I have been looking for a vase for the sand ceremony and have seen a couple options: (do you have to seal off the sand with a lid, or can it just sit in an open container???)

mickeyvase.jpg

I like this one, but am wondering if it is too childish?

mickeyvase1.jpg

I like this one too, just a subtle mickey or two in there

Also, I have been looking cute Mickey/Disney things I can put around the reception, and have seen some ideas for a card holder on the gift table.

cardholder2.jpg

cardholder.jpg

Finally, we are going to give out black personalized coffee mugs with our names and the date, and hopefully this: (if I can make it into a stencil!)

mickeyears.png

I am obsessed with teas, and the original idea was to make our own blend of tea, and then include it with the coffee mug, but we might just do the mug? I haven't really decide yet!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter