Disney World Reservation System -POST 1 FOR LINKS

If the pools of Park Passes were/are distinct, was there any advantage to resort guests being able to start making those reservations on Monday?
It would have ben an advantage IF THERE HAD NOT BEEN GLITCHES MONDAY.

With the glitches,it turned out to be a DISADVANTAGE for some of us APs.

I looked into mine, and it showed that the system ended the day after a vaccine came out. 😉
I hope you're right - looks like many Americans plan to refuse the vaccine so they're not sure it'll be the solution that gets us to herd immunity. :(

I would think you would be able to cancel one and then book another day? It's all so new that we're all learning by experience, so please report back
This is related to my question earlier about AP or resort reservations limiting someone from using the ticket only availability. If you have a resort reservation the system might override your attempts. If it does, since you are room and ticket, not a package, you could remove everyone but the primary from the reservation. Then book park reservations based on ticket only. Then you could switch the primary to someone you have taken care of and then do the same with the original primary. Worth a shot.... hopefully you don’t need to, but I know have AP or having resort reservations have impacted other folks flexibility in the system.

Hello! sorry I just had the time to try it out I wanted to wait till today to give it a try.

So in my situation I have a WDW resort reservation and I had linked tickets separately that I had purchased from UT before May. When I first made my park passes it would only allow me to book during my stay. However I tried just now and I was able to change a park pass for after my resort stay. To be exact 2 days after we check out. I did have to cancel my park pass and then rebook.

Thanks for the help before and I hope this helps someone too!

I meant to be up early and on the site to book at 7, but overslept and between one thing and another finally ended up looking around 9. Booked six days in early January, got everything I wanted, no glitches, done in 10 minutes. That said, I hooe things change between now and then. Really don’t like planning without the park hopping option😕.

There's now a survey that pops up on the WDW website and they have specific questions regarding the new theme park reservation system. I hope they really take into account what people have to say about their experiences!

I meant to be up early and on the site to book at 7, but overslept and between one thing and another finally ended up looking around 9. Booked six days in early January, got everything I wanted, no glitches, done in 10 minutes. That said, I hooe things change between now and then. Really don’t like planning without the park hopping option😕.
I thought that park hopper ticket sales have resumed for 2021 dates. Has anyone tried to use the park reservation system for 2021 with park hopping? Just curious...

I'm hoping for 2020 ticket sales to resume as I have a DVC reservation for December 2020. Anyone have the inside track on more specific details than just "later this summer"?

I thought that park hopper ticket sales have resumed for 2021 dates. Has anyone tried to use the park reservation system for 2021 with park hopping? Just curious...

I'm hoping for 2020 ticket sales to resume as I have a DVC reservation for December 2020. Anyone have the inside track on more specific details than just "later this summer"?

My understanding is they are selling hopping for 2021 but it is not available to actually do it yet. Basically like we HOPE by 2021 hopping will be allowed so we will sell you tickets, but we cannot guarantee it will actually happen. We opted to buy base tickets and then upgrade if the notice comes out it will be allowed.

The system did not allow people to pick more than one park per day. They will have to make some adjustments if they plan to use that system and park hopping is allowed. I would guess if park hopping is allowed, the system would be obsolete, but that is only speculation.

Does anyone know if the arrival times are the ONLY time one can arrive at the parks? I secured my park passes for Jan. 2021 trip, but EPCOT arrival time wasn't until 11am. The video on the Disney website stated that you could arrive any time during park hours. Anyone know which is correct? No luck getting through by phone. Thanks

Does anyone know if the arrival times are the ONLY time one can arrive at the parks? I secured my park passes for Jan. 2021 trip, but EPCOT arrival time wasn't until 11am. The video on the Disney website stated that you could arrive any time during park hours. Anyone know which is correct? No luck getting through by phone. Thanks
Merged to the existing thread
You can arrive anytime the park is open. Epcot is open 11-9 so you can arrive anytime in between

You can arrive anytime the park is open. Epcot is open 11-9 so you can arrive anytime in between
I know that World Showcase doesn't usually open
I used to Future World being open in earlier! So many changes, THANKS!

OK, question. We are looking to book for Jan/Feb, April and Nov 2021. I see when pricing out packages that the park pass availability calendar comes up for resort guests and it's wide open which is great, but if Disney is still using this system next year, park hoppers won't be an option since they aren't now. However, hoppers are an option right now when I book a 2021 resort/ticket package. I don't plan on buying hoppers for the simple "what if" and don't want to deal with ticket extensions, etc. but we do like hoppers on some of our shorter trips. Curious if I missed something?? Is there news about hoppers being added into the park pass system, is this a glitch or is it just Disney wanting our cash?

They're offering hoppers because they're hoping we should be able to hop.
I ordered the hoppers because we always hop and if we can't hop we just won't go.

OK, question. We are looking to book for Jan/Feb, April and Nov 2021. I see when pricing out packages that the park pass availability calendar comes up for resort guests and it's wide open which is great, but if Disney is still using this system next year, park hoppers won't be an option since they aren't now. However, hoppers are an option right now when I book a 2021 resort/ticket package. I don't plan on buying hoppers for the simple "what if" and don't want to deal with ticket extensions, etc. but we do like hoppers on some of our shorter trips. Curious if I missed something?? Is there news about hoppers being added into the park pass system, is this a glitch or is it just Disney wanting our cash?
merged you to the similar thread
no news on this yet. You can also check in the ticket sticky, but nothing has been announced

Keeping my fingers crossed the system works the way they say it will. I have park reservations for late July for our family of 4. Had to cancel the second room as our son got a new job and can't miss work yet. I called to move our daughter into our room and the CM assured me that our son's park reservation would fall off and our daughter would stay since she is linked to us and is on our reservation now. Right now it wouldn't be an issue if I had to rebook her park days since they are available but the "what if" scenarios are making it nerve wracking.

Keeping my fingers crossed the system works the way they say it will. I have park reservations for late July for our family of 4. Had to cancel the second room as our son got a new job and can't miss work yet. I called to move our daughter into our room and the CM assured me that our son's park reservation would fall off and our daughter would stay since she is linked to us and is on our reservation now. Right now it wouldn't be an issue if I had to rebook her park days since they are available but the "what if" scenarios are making it nerve wracking.

Definitely - all of us waiting on DL with no idea of opening timeframe feel your pain.

It's been about 48 hours since I cancelled our second room and moved our daughter to our room. The park reservation for our son (whose room we cancelled) is still live even though he is cancelled. I am going to give it a couple more days and then I will cancel his park reservation. There is availability for resort guests all of those days so I am not taking anything away from anyone by waiting it out but I wanted to test the park reservation system and see what it would do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter