Disney YES Program Open to non-groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be a debbie-downer, but if I remember correctly, the dates released in late January/February were June-August and the September-October dates came out a few months later. Maybe they will release them all at once this year though.

You are right...the October dates showed on the YES website around mid-June however I was not able to book my date until July 7 or 8 I believe.

I was patiently waiting for the October YES Class schedule to be released last year. I emailed them on April 12th with my inquiry and they said it would be available in the next few weeks.

Well, it was only a couple of days! My receipt shows that I purchased my tickets for our Oct 25th class on April 15th - the first day they were available.

However, I think as time went by, they released more and more Individual Enrollment dates.

We're signed up for 2 YES classes in Feb: How Things Move and Synergy in Science :banana: The information lists Goofy's Barnstormer and Dumbo as the attractions the How Things Move class will ride. Both of these are closed during this time. Does anyone know which other rides they'll ride? I don't want to force DS on the carousel twice :rotfl2:
Also, and this question is more in regards to Synergy in Science at Epcot, is the attraction at the end of the class? Can we skip the attraction part and leave early to meet up with DH or will we miss part of the experience? DH wants to see this attraction, so I wanted to do it together so DS and I didn't have to again. Or maybe DH could meet up with us (during the class) if he was done with his tour?

I was patiently waiting for the October YES Class schedule to be released last year. I emailed them on April 12th with my inquiry and they said it would be available in the next few weeks.

Well, it was only a couple of days! My receipt shows that I purchased my tickets for our Oct 25th class on April 15th - the first day they were available.

However, I think as time went by, they released more and more Individual Enrollment dates.

Looking back at it, there were individual classes that were the same dates as home school classes (Oct 4 and 7) that took forever to be released for registration. I had to register initially for home school to get the date that I wanted around June 15, if I recall correctly, and then I re-registered on July 8 for individual enrollment as we had never intended to go to the home school group nutrition class (doing this saved us $56, my initial fee was credited back to my credit card).

It was really confusing last year (lots of misinformation/conflicting information from the YES office that many of us shared here from multiple calls there) and I really hope that no one has a similar experience this year. That stated, we loved our class and were grateful to be able to purchase park tickets at such a discount. We also met some really nice parents and great kids at our class. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the program, just would caution people to stalk the site and register as soon as their desired class opens up so they don't miss out before the class fills.

Anyone have a list of tickets offered and the prices?

Did they have classes during the week of July 4 last year? We're heading down July 1-12.

Can 1 parent attend class with 2 kids?

Wow just found my checking statement from last year and I bought our tickets on 1/28. Well that is when they charged my credit card. So hopefully this month the summer/sept classes will list :)

Sorry to quote myself and ask again, but can anyone doing the January/February classes confirm about canceling/refunds...?

Okay, now that I've been looking around the website and reading all the details I don't see anywhere that it says the tickets are non-refundable. :confused3

It's probably included in the confirmation you receive when you purchase the tickets, but I swear it used to be posted all over the website so that you knew the tickets were non-refundable before you even attempted to register for a class.

I posted this on the 30th and also sent an email via the YES website. I got the standard "we received your question/ we'll get back to you in 3 days" email, but have not received any response.

I want to book as soon as the August dates are released, but two more people at DH's work just quit (5 in the last 2mos :sad2:) There are only 3 people left in his department. Normally he was able to choose any dates for vacation, but now there is a possibility that it may not be approved depending on what's scheduled for that week.

We're signed up for 2 YES classes in Feb: How Things Move and Synergy in Science :banana: The information lists Goofy's Barnstormer and Dumbo as the attractions the How Things Move class will ride. Both of these are closed during this time. Does anyone know which other rides they'll ride? I don't want to force DS on the carousel twice :rotfl2:
Also, and this question is more in regards to Synergy in Science at Epcot, is the attraction at the end of the class? Can we skip the attraction part and leave early to meet up with DH or will we miss part of the experience? DH wants to see this attraction, so I wanted to do it together so DS and I didn't have to again. Or maybe DH could meet up with us (during the class) if he was done with his tour?

I'm a little confused by your questions, but I can give you an idea about the Synergy in Science class, we did it last Oct. We signed up my 2 kids and myself, when we showed up we asked if my Dh could come along and he could. There was 8 kids in the class. They sat and talked about synergy by the entrance to Epcot, then we all rode Spaceship Earth. Then talked some more, then rode Figment, then talked some more, then watched Captain EO then talked some more about how 3D works, we concluded back down by the middle of the park where the group leader wrapped things up and the kids worked together on a puzzle.

That's a really brief explanation of the class last year, my kids loved it and said they'd really like to do a class again. In my opinion it would be very noticeable if your family left the class early, although it wasn't like they would have stopped you. Hope this helps a little.

Just called, there IS a will call window at the International Gateway entrance. Yippee!!! Such a pain to try to get to the front of Epcot from BW without tickets!

I stand corrected. I just can't picture in my mind where it would be located?

Thanks for checking though. That will save me time since I am staying at BCV and will need to visit there myself. :thumbsup2

i just wanted to post a FYI incase it would be of help to anyone planning. I had originally bought 5 day tickets with my YES animation class registration...I later realized I needed 6 day tickets instead. I sent a quick email to the program, they promptly called me back and were able to switch me to 6 day tickets! We are 35 days away from our class date, and the representative said there was still time for me to change my tickets. If anyone needs to upgrade tickets from what they originally purchased as long as there is time before the class you registered for it can be done! :banana:

Sorry to quote myself and ask again, but can anyone doing the January/February classes confirm about canceling/refunds...?

I posted this on the 30th and also sent an email via the YES website. I got the standard "we received your question/ we'll get back to you in 3 days" email, but have not received any response.

I want to book as soon as the August dates are released, but two more people at DH's work just quit (5 in the last 2mos :sad2:) There are only 3 people left in his department. Normally he was able to choose any dates for vacation, but now there is a possibility that it may not be approved depending on what's scheduled for that week.

This is from my confirmation email last year
Your registration holds your place in the program, but does not guarantee the program will reach its minimum. Minimum number of guests required to facilitate the program is ten (10). When the minimum is reached you will receive an e-mail reconfirming the date and time of your program. If the minimum is not reached, you will be contacted (5) five business days in advance and rescheduled based on availability of alternate programs. Registration fee is non-refundable.
All orders will be verified prior to payment processing. Should there be any discrepancies in your order, you will be notified via phone or e-mail.
Changes to your order must be made in writing via fax or email 48 hours prior to your arrival at the Will Call Window.
Please note, parking is not included with your ticket. Current price to park at a Walt Disney World Theme Park is $14 for a car and $18 for a bus. Prices are always subject to change without notice.
The charge will appear on your credit card statement as "Walt Disney Event Services."

Please Note: All tickets purchased through the Youth Department will have "YOUTH" printed on the back. These tickets are valid for all members of your party, including adult chaperones.
Below are the Will Call Window Hours and Locations.
Group Sales Window at Ticket and Transportation Center at Magic Kingdom
8:00am-2:00pm
Will Call Window at Epcot
8:30am-2:00pm
Will Call Window at Disney's Animal Kingdom
Will Call Window Disney's Hollywood Studios
Downtown Disney Guest Relations Window at DisneyQuest
9:00am-4:00pm
Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. This program is limited to Domestic U.S. groups only and orders are subject to validation before approval. Specially-priced Theme Park tickets of 10 or more, must be reserved in advance, and are valid 7 days prior to arrival until 7 days after group’s main departure date (theme park tickets only). Some activities/events at Walt Disney World® Theme Parks may be separately priced. All parks, attractions, tickets, and other items described in this website and accompanying collateral and all prices, operating hours, age requirements, and other terms for such items may be changed or discontinued without notice and without liability. The owners of the Walt Disney World Resort reserve the right to refuse admittance to any persons, and shall not be liable for non-utilization of ticket components or loss of recreational opportunities due to refurbishing, capacity, inclement weather, special events or any circumstance beyond the owner’s control.

I stand corrected. I just can't picture in my mind where it would be located?

Thanks for checking though. That will save me time since I am staying at BCV and will need to visit there myself. :thumbsup2

No problem, I was just thinking how on earth would we get to the front of Epcot. What a pain! I think it is just to the left of the turnstiles as you are coming from BCV.

All the paperwork I got with my tickets(and possibly when I actually registered) said the tickets were non-refundable. That being said, my dad ended up having gallbladder surgery and he and my mom could not come at the last minute. I emailed the YES dept and explained the situation, and asked if it would be possible to get a credit for the tickets, since I planned and using the YES program again this summer. The YES person emailed me right back and attached a refund request. I was able to send the tickets back and get a refund for those tickets. The YES person did say that Disney was contracting out the ticket stuff starting this year and she couldn't guarantee refunds would be given, even with extenuating circumstances.

I don't know if that helps. If it were me, I would not get YES tickets if there is a chance your trip won't happen. I wouldn't want to risk losing that money.

Below is the wording in my email confirmation for my YES tickets for my upcoming trip in February. What shocked me about your confirmation from last year was that it said almost all of the guest relations/will call windows closed at 2:00PM?? That kind of worried me because our flight lands at 2:30 and I needed to pick up those tickets that day for class early the next morning. I called and spoke with Disney and got different hours entirely...anyone here know when the windows close? thanks

Your tickets may be picked up at the following locations: Epcot®, Disney's Hollywood Studios™, Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park or the Ticket and Transportation Center at the Magic Kingdom® Park.

Upon arrival you can pick up your Will Call ticket order by presenting your confirmation number, along with your valid photo ID.

This confirmation page will be collected by Disney® when you receive your tickets.

Student Guest Services, Division of CONVENTIONPLUS® LLC
4201 Vineland Rd., I-7, Orlando, FL 32811 - 407-472-4676 ext. 14
FAX: 407-472-4678 - info@conventionplus.com
Disney artwork, logos and properties: ©Disney

This page contains your Youth Educational Series Registration Information.
You and your group are registered for the following programs.
Date and Time Program Person Registered

Please remember every participant must have an event admission ticket to participate.
You will receive a final program confirmation 2 weeks prior to your program start date. Students who do not meet the specified age requirements for the program will not be confirmed on the final program confirmation.

Program Specific Information
Program Name: Disney's Animation Magic
Program Date: 02-15-2012
Program Time: 07:45 AM - 10:45 AM
Meeting Location: The flagpole at the Main Entrance at Disney's Hollywood Studios®.
Special Note: *Must provide own transportation to Disney's Hollywood Studios ®; Disney transportation may not be available for this course.
We wish you all the best as you prepare for the ultimate learning adventure. We eagerly await your arrival here at the Walt Disney World® Resort!

Student Guest Services, Division of CONVENTIONPLUS® LLC
4201 Vineland Rd., I-7, Orlando, FL 32811 - 407-472-4676 ext. 14
FAX: 407-472-4678 - info@conventionplus.com
Disney artwork, logos and properties: ©Disney

Thanks for all the responses everyone!

Of course I did finally get an email today as well.
This was it:

"You are correct, our tickets are non-refundable. When you go to register for a program you purchase your tickets to ensure a space in the class.

Summer enrollment will be released sometime within the next couple of months."

Anyone have a list of tickets offered and the prices?

Did they have classes during the week of July 4 last year? We're heading down July 1-12.

Can 1 parent attend class with 2 kids?

Sorry I can only answer one of your questions because I called to clarify for myself. Yes, one parent can chaperone 2 kids if they are in the same class.

Dates for the rest of the year are now posted, but it says "Registration coming soon!"

At least we can start planning around the dates! :woohoo:

Are you able to order say, a 3 day hopper for some people in your family, and a 3 day hopper with the waterpark option for some others? Some of us still have unused waterpark/DQ days on an old, no expiration ticket, while 2 of my sons don't. It is alot cheaper to buy the upgraded pass than to pay OOP for the 2 waterpark or DQ tickets.

Also, and I apologize if this info has already been given, but how many other tickets can you buy per student? My 2 oldest sons are too old for the programs, and with my 11, 14 and 16 year olds, it looks like I can only fit 2 of my kids in any one class (age ranges are 6-11 or 7-14 or 12-17).

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter