Disney YES Program Open to non-groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly have not read this entire thread, so I hope I am not asking a question that has already been asked.

Does the adult with the child have to be a parent? My DS is getting married and he and his new wife will be there with us. Her son (DS's new stepson and our grandson!!) will turn 5 while we are there. We are going to keep him for a few days with us, so that DS and his new wife can run off on their own to celebrate their honeymoon. I know that the little guy would love this. Can one of us or his adult aunt take him?

* Nevermind everyone. I see on their website it says a responsible adult over 18. It looks like there is only one program for age 5. Is that correct?

Well, I'm VERY happy they finally released the schedule! Now at least I know for sure what days I'm working with.

Does anyone know if they think they will offer any MORE classes?? (I'm guessing probably not). There is only ONE class that will work well for our group and now I'm nervous that it will fill before we get registered! I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best!

Thanks everyone for being awesome and posting any new info here as soon as you see it! Even though I've been trying to check everyday on the YES site for myself, it sure is nice having extra eyes looking out too!

Well, I'm VERY happy they finally released the schedule! Now at least I know for sure what days I'm working with.

Does anyone know if they think they will offer any MORE classes?? (I'm guessing probably not). There is only ONE class that will work well for our group and now I'm nervous that it will fill before we get registered! I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best!

Thanks everyone for being awesome and posting any new info here as soon as you see it! Even though I've been trying to check everyday on the YES site for myself, it sure is nice having extra eyes looking out too!

:thumbsup2

DD8 is interested in doing the YES when we go in September. I see that we can get YES tickets for her plus 2 parents. Can we also get a YES ticket for DD4 even though she is too young for the program or do we have to buy her a regular ticket? TIA

Wow dont they close threads when you hit 250 pages? Is someone able to bring this to a new page? I have no clue how to do that, but I would hate to see this get locked and not be able to add more information to it.

Also thanks to everyone for keeping eyes out. I check everyday with my fingers crossed and they are never up. Then the day Im not home they pop up :rotfl: Thanks for the information!!

Oh my goodness...I am SO excited that they posted the dates. I've been looking at this daily. So, what exactly do you think "Registration coming soon" means??? I'm afraid to walk away from my computer thinking I might miss the opportunity. :surfweb:

Looks like they took away Dynamics of Technology on the 13th of June and replaced it with Captivating Moments. This class is still located in Epcot, as was the DoT.

And added the Everyday Chemistry class. That was only offered on the 12th when they accidentally released all the dates last year.

So glad I didn't have my heart set on a early May trip anymore! Lots of September dates to choose from.

Does anyone know how many tickets I can get if I am enrolling one student? If I am enrolling one student, can I get a park tickets for an older sibling (to old for class) and myself?

Thanks.

I'm glad they posted the dates, but I'm sad that they won't work for us. I was hoping for a Wild By Nature class for our week, but there isn't one. Everyday Chemistry has changed from 9-15 years old to 10-14 - my kids will be 9 1/2 and 13. :sad2: DH is doing a tour and the kids are too little - I thought this might be a fun "backstage" type activity that we could do together. There are classes that one or the other DD could do, but I was hoping we could do something different together.

Hope it works out for everyone else's trips! :goodvibes

Here's a question for you:

On August 6, Making Waves with a Marine Career is listed. But the ages don't match.

The list shows ages 12-17, the inner brochure shows 14-18.

My daughter will be 12.

Anyone know which info is correct???

While I wasn't expecting any classes in May, I was hoping for them, lol. I'd love to try a May trip, we've never been then. We booked a cruise for September, and DH isn't going, just DD and I. I wouldn't mind adding on a week before or after the cruise, but DD says that's too long to be away from her daddy. ;)

I don't really want to go in June, July or August, since it's hot and crowded, and we can go other months. October seems to close to the cruise to want to pack up and take off again. Doesn't it? :confused3

Here's a question for you:

On August 6, Making Waves with a Marine Career is listed. But the ages don't match.

The list shows ages 12-17, the inner brochure shows 14-18.

My daughter will be 12.

Anyone know which info is correct???

Yes, I noticed a discrepancy on the ages on one of the other classes also. Hope someone comes along with an answer.

So, do you guys think a program that is for 12-17 year olds(6th-12th grades) would be for RISING 12th graders, or kids who just finished 12th grade or both? My son and his friend will still be 17, but graduate in June. I hope to get them in Dynamics of Technology or Properties of Motion.

I hope registration holds off a few weeks. Just waiting on my tax refund. I don't want to pull money out of savings if I can help it.

Dates for the rest of the year are now posted, but it says "Registration coming soon!"

At least we can start planning around the dates! :woohoo:

Thanks for posting! I have been waiting for this. Lots of good options in June for my DD8, not so much for the younger one, who will be 6.

So, do you guys think a program that is for 12-17 year olds(6th-12th grades) would be for RISING 12th graders, or kids who just finished 12th grade or both? My son and his friend will still be 17, but graduate in June. I hope to get them in Dynamics of Technology or Properties of Motion.

I hope registration holds off a few weeks. Just waiting on my tax refund. I don't want to pull money out of savings if I can help it.
*I* would think that if they're 17, they can join the class, regardless of what "grade" they're in. IIRC they list an age range, not a grade range, right?:goodvibes

*I* would think that if they're 17, they can join the class, regardless of what "grade" they're in. IIRC they list an age range, not a grade range, right?:goodvibes

It actually lists both when you click on Learn More. I can't seem to get a page when I click on that now though. I have tried on several classes and I either get a blank page or a "Sorry, that page does not exist" message.:confused3

Now I can't get anything to show up on the individual enrollment site. Is anyone else having a problem?

It actually lists both when you click on Learn More. I can't seem to get a page when I click on that now though. I have tried on several classes and I either get a blank page or a "Sorry, that page does not exist" message.:confused3

Now I can't get anything to show up on the individual enrollment site. Is anyone else having a problem?

I know. I think the site is crashing - LOL. I knew I should have C&P'ed when I had it up :headache:

I know. I think the site is crashing - LOL. I knew I should have C&P'ed when I had it up :headache:

Not a good sign if you ask me. I don't remember ever having a problem last year,which means there are probably loads more people planning on registering:scared1: I may have to pull that money out of savings just in case registration opens before the 25th. I don't remember the dates being available this early last year, so registration could be earlier as well.

Can't even get the site to come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter