Disneyland DVC Member Lounge

Respectfully, it's a pointless debate. All of the member perks are positioned as incentives to buy direct. If you chose to buy resale, enjoy your savings!

Lol, "pointless" debate, love it since we are talking about points... haha. Oh no, I understand how it all works. I don't think that means I'm not allowed to express an opinion about it... but I definitely understand. Considering I am on track to buy 250 points resale for the cost of 86 points direct at VDH, it's still a win for sure. I'm just pointing (lol) out the oddity of the whole situation. But anyway! There you go.

Do you know how long they will be handing out those popcorn buckets? I will be there in just a few weeks but I wonder if the bucket was just for opening day.....
Saw the popcorn buckets on my way in today and was given a ticket for a “free gift” on way out. I’m gonna assume it’s available until they run out.

The room was dark when I first got in but my eyes adjusted and it’s decently bright. Gave me Space 220 vibes. I think my favorite part is there’s a restroom!! 🤣

Just asked when I left, the popcorn bucket, mints, pin etc are until supplies last.

Last edited:

Fair, but the points that a resale owner has were at one point purchased direct by someone who no longer owns them. DVC already had direct money on those points, and chose not to ROFR them.

But you are confusing two different things. The lounges are not part of what we buy at DVC. They are incidental benefits and so, the fact that someone bought originally direct…makes no difference.

These are rewards paid for by DVD by those who buy from them and to encourage others to do the same. They are not going to give resale buyers extras for choosing to buy from someone else.

And, since they are the ones paying for it, and not owners, in anyway, they get to decide who is eligible.

Yes, we found it quite dark and missed the brightness/views of the Epcot lounge. Overall it’s great, and I’m sure we’ll use it often as locals!

The beverage dispensers are newer/fancier than at Epcot, and there are actually bathrooms in the lounge!!!🥳🤩 I didn’t notice any charging stations, but I wasn’t actually looking for them at the time. We were hoping for gummy bears (IYKYK), but it seems those are gone forever at any lounge. Snacks were lays potato chips and cheez-its. The gifts were a nice touch, and we saved our popcorn voucher for a future visit (expires in December). Oh, and my husband and I were told we could bring 5 additional guests for each of our QR codes. 😅 Glad we went to check it out on opening day! 🥲
Little off topic but is this why my husband needs to open his own MDE, so the can have his own code in the wallet app?

Little off topic but is this why my husband needs to open his own MDE, so the can have his own code in the wallet app?

Correct. He needs both MDE and his own DVC set up. He never has to use but that is the only way the system will change his MM pass to reflect the DVC Y.

Correct. He needs both MDE and his own DVC set up. He never has to use but that is the only way the system will change his MM pass to reflect the DVC Y.
Thanks so much! I had no idea he also needed his own login for DVC as well 🤯 *mind blown*

Yes, we found it quite dark and missed the brightness/views of the Epcot lounge. Overall it’s great, and I’m sure we’ll use it often as locals!
I actually enjoyed the darker atmosphere over the Epcot lounge. There are times when I’ve been in there where you could still feel the heat through all that glass and almost had to wear your sunglasses inside. All that glass also seems to reflect sound back as well, like you’re sitting in the bell end of a tuba.

Don’t get me wrong, the Epcot lounge is a great place to “relax” as in charge your phone, get out of the heat, and have a seat, but it still feels a bit hectic. The DL lounge feels more “relaxing” from a decompression perspective. Cool, calm, a little darker, maybe a tad quieter. A place where you could actually close your eyes for a few minutes. The kind of time I suspect those who prefer to go back to their hotel room and close the curtains are looking for. There’s a reason most spa environments favor cool, dark spaces.

But you are confusing two different things. The lounges are not part of what we buy at DVC. They are incidental benefits and so, the fact that someone bought originally direct…makes no difference.

These are rewards paid for by DVD by those who buy from them and to encourage others to do the same. They are not going to give resale buyers extras for choosing to buy from someone else.

And, since they are the ones paying for it, and not owners, in anyway, they get to decide who is eligible.

I'd argue I'm not confusing two different things, I was responding to the poster who said that these are funded by DVC and not by dues, and my point was that the points that I'll own as a resale buyer were originally owned by someone who bought direct. DVC, in choosing not to ROFR those points, has effectively said the owner of those points CAN'T own them directly. There's no opportunity to even buy those points direct since DVC did not want to claim them back through ROFR. So the original owner, who would have qualified to sit in the lounge, won't be there, but neither will anyone qualify in their place.

In any event, I totally agree they get to decide who is eligible. Not arguing that at all. I knew what was involved going into the resale situation :)

I'd argue I'm not confusing two different things, I was responding to the poster who said that these are funded by DVC and not by dues, and my point was that the points that I'll own as a resale buyer were originally owned by someone who bought direct. DVC, in choosing not to ROFR those points, has effectively said the owner of those points CAN'T own them directly. There's no opportunity to even buy those points direct since DVC did not want to claim them back through ROFR. So the original owner, who would have qualified to sit in the lounge, won't be there, but neither will anyone qualify in their place.

In any event, I totally agree they get to decide who is eligible. Not arguing that at all. I knew what was involved going into the resale situation :)

Just to clarify for others, it’s not DVC, the management arm, who funds these. It is DVD, the developer, and they pay for them year after year out of the marketing budget, which comes from new sales, not previous ones.

Plus, them not ROfRing plays no role because DVD has direct points to sell all the time, and except in rare cases, you can buy every resort direct…you pay a hefty price, but you can, and then become eligible.

But, I guess I don’t see the connection to a previous owner and benefits, since those are not part of the contract…those owners didn’t pay for the perks when they bought direct…actually none of us do…that’s why they can take them away from everyone tomorrow.

So for those FOMO people - I thought it was relatively pretty but a total Y-A-W-N. Went today around 1pm - no snacks and the one? coffee machine was broken. They made me jump thru hoops (had to download and activate GooglePay / Wallet just to get in the door, which was VERY weird, since I opened my WDW App and showed my membership to the gal before I even got to the second door. Much ado about Nothing. I would probably never go in again unless 100 degrees out and wanted to go in the a/c. If you bought Resale and cannot use it - Rejoice - you are missing nothing ;)

P.S. I got a Ticket but went out thru the patio doors (I did not know that was oneway and could not return) but I'm not going to stress if I missed a free popcorn bucket or whatever they were giving away - that obviously needed my Google Wallet to Not pay for ?

So for those FOMO people - I thought it was relatively pretty but a total Y-A-W-N. Went today around 1pm - no snacks and the one? coffee machine was broken. They made me jump thru hoops (had to download and activate GooglePay / Wallet just to get in the door, which was VERY weird, since I opened my WDW App and showed my membership to the gal before I even got to the second door. Much ado about Nothing. I would probably never go in again unless 100 degrees out and wanted to go in the a/c. If you bought Resale and cannot use it - Rejoice - you are missing nothing ;)

P.S. I got a Ticket but went out thru the patio doors (I did not know that was oneway and could not return) but I'm not going to stress if I missed a free popcorn bucket or whatever they were giving away - that obviously needed my Google Wallet to Not pay for ?

For whatever reason they need to scan your QR code to check in which is why you need to pull it up in your wallet. Both coffee/cocoa machines have been out of commission since at least Sunday, which is a massive bummer since it’s been so cold. I think they said they’re out of something??

We’ve always been able to get back in from the balcony, so I’m not sure what happened there for you. Popcorn buckets are currently gone, so the gift right now is the small plastic DVC cup and Starview Station button. Snacks get refilled throughout the day. We’ve seen a rotation of Lay’s potato chips, Cheezits, Oreos, and Chips Ahoy.

We still prefer the Epcot lounge, but it was super nice to have a place to hang out on our checkout day while my youngest and her besties spent day #3 in a row riding all the rides. 🥱🫠

I had the complete opposite experience - we went every day we were at Disneyland. Had zero issues with checking in. The two coffee machines and two Coke freestyle machines were both working and we went out to the deck and came back in. I mean the Cheezits aren't anything special but I'll take free food. A little more variety would be nice. I wasn't too fond the music they played and they could have more convenient charging options but compared to Epcot's DVC lounge this is a huge win especially with the indoor restroom. Plus our wait was zero compared to Epcot's we've often had to wait. I came away feeling super happy I can visit to chill out whenever we want. Cast members were super friendly. Enjoyed chatting with other DVCers of course. Look forward to taking guests up with us on the next trip.

For whatever reason they need to scan your QR code to check in which is why you need to pull it up in your wallet.
Thanks, that makes sense. A QR code came up I was supposed to show to the "next" person as I entered, and out of habit I tried to screenshot it in case it disappeared, my phone said I could not scan the QR code for security reasons - so that might be why they use that App. Still, I'm deleting the GooglePay/Wallet now after all that - if I wanted Google Pay on my phone it would already be there. I'm not terribly phone security conscious, but it seems silly to have a Payment App permanently installed that does nothing except give me (what should be free) Lounge access lol.

I had the complete opposite experience - we went every day we were at Disneyland. Had zero issues with checking in. The two coffee machines and two Coke freestyle machines were both working and we went out to the deck and came back in. I mean the Cheezits aren't anything special but I'll take free food. A little more variety would be nice. I wasn't too fond the music they played and they could have more convenient charging options but compared to Epcot's DVC lounge this is a huge win especially with the indoor restroom. Plus our wait was zero compared to Epcot's we've often had to wait. I came away feeling super happy I can visit to chill out whenever we want. Cast members were super friendly. Enjoyed chatting with other DVCers of course. Look forward to taking guests up with us on the next trip.
Yup, same here. Was in there yesterday. Both coffee machines working, both freestyle machines, Cheezits and Oreos. Showed my DVC digital card at the desk, scanned in with zero issues.

So for those FOMO people - I thought it was relatively pretty but a total Y-A-W-N. Went today around 1pm - no snacks and the one? coffee machine was broken. They made me jump thru hoops (had to download and activate GooglePay / Wallet just to get in the door, which was VERY weird, since I opened my WDW App and showed my membership to the gal before I even got to the second door.
You need to show the exact same digital card to get into the Epcot lounge, so I don't see the issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter