Disneyland DVC Member Lounge

Yup, same here. Was in there yesterday. Both coffee machines working, both freestyle machines, Cheezits and Oreos. Showed my DVC digital card at the desk, scanned in with zero issues.
That makes no sense? Were we both at Disneyland lol? I was there around 1pm on Wednesday - nothing hot to drink (I asked a very polite person who was working - she said "coffee machine is not working right now, only cold drinks), no sign of any snacks at all. I feel like I was in a parallel DVC universe ...

That makes no sense? Were we both at Disneyland lol? I was there around 1pm on Wednesday - nothing hot to drink (I asked a very polite person who was working - she said "coffee machine is not working right now, only cold drinks), no sign of any snacks at all. I feel like I was in a parallel DVC universe ...
No, I responded yesterday (Wednesday) that we were there "yesterday", meaning we were there the day before (Tuesday). We were there around 3 pm. Took our food from Pizza Planet up with us. The snack basket was empty when we arrived, but someone re-stocked it before we left (grabbed some Oreos). My sisters grabbed hot chocolate while we were in there. I know the coffee machines can time out and shut down if they're not used within a certain amount of time (sometimes you have to tap the screen if it's just asleep even though it looks like it's completely off), but maybe there was something more going on.

I'm surprised they'd both be down as those things are pretty bomb-proof. They are the same ones used in Delta Sky Clubs, and those get used half to death and I've only ever seen those needing to be re-stocked with beans or milk, if steamed milk is an option. Because the staff in the lounge aren't airport lounge attendants and wear several hats, they might not all be as fully familiar with the machines as someone dealing with them all day, every day (and not much else).

Last edited:
As an aside, the coffee machines in Star View Station are De Jong Duke Nio's, and are not cheap. My Italian buddy who's a long-time coffee exec (used to be one of the top-dogs at Lavazza US, and now runs his own roasting company), told me they are a reliable and superior quality unit. De Jong is a Dutch company, well-respected in the industry, and those Nio machines are a good $4,000 each (although DVC is almost 100% leasing them on a service contract).

All this just to say that while DVC/Disney are always good for trying to cut corners and go cheap, they absolutely didn't in this case. Definitely not the basic Keurig pods they stock in the Epcot lounge.

Because the staff in the lounge aren't airport lounge attendants and wear several hats, they might not all be as fully familiar with the machines as someone dealing with them all day, every day (and not much else).
That makes more sense. It was nippy out and I was sooo excited to get a hot coffee - I should have gone back to the front desk to ask if someone Else could check on that and snacks. I did think it would be fun to bring back lunch to eat on the outside deck when warmer - it had a fun "people" view.

That makes no sense? Were we both at Disneyland lol? I was there around 1pm on Wednesday - nothing hot to drink

They were definitely not on at all on Tuesday (Sunday and Monday) either. We spent the majority of operating hours in there on the 30th waiting for our teens and saw many disgruntled guests asking about the coffee/cocoa machines throughout the day.

We have had very poor luck with the coffee machines. On our Opening Day visit only the Decaf was running and it was limping along with Day-1 issues. We visited twice in May (early and mid-month) and both machines were down.

That said, the allure of the coffee machines was sufficient for me to purchase an inexpensive (<$50) Nespresso-capsule style Espresso maker from Costco ... and then follow-up with a whammy-jammy milk frother from Woot. I'm loving my newly upgraded coffee experience at home! Whee! (Ummm, thanks DVC. Look what you did to me ... :coffee: )

Thanks, that makes sense. A QR code came up I was supposed to show to the "next" person as I entered, and out of habit I tried to screenshot it in case it disappeared, my phone said I could not scan the QR code for security reasons - so that might be why they use that App. Still, I'm deleting the GooglePay/Wallet now after all that - if I wanted Google Pay on my phone it would already be there. I'm not terribly phone security conscious, but it seems silly to have a Payment App permanently installed that does nothing except give me (what should be free) Lounge access lol.
I literally use my digital wallet for a lot of my every day life. Like I’m on a trip to NY at the moment and it’s where I store my LAX parking reservation, my boarding pass, and all my Broadway show tickets. It’s where I also store my gift cards (Disney, AMC, etc). I do use Apple Pay all the time too but just pointing out the usefulness of the digital wallet that doesn’t have to do with payment. I wish they would hurry up and make a magicmobile Disneyland pass so I don’t have to keep going to my app for my discounts.

We had a great time during our short visit a week ago and the lounge made our stay on Harbor (off property) a little more enjoyable as we didn't have our room at VGC to sneak into...

All machines were working on our visit but they only had the smaller coffee cups for soda.

One upgrade that we noted from our earlier April visit was the new round chairs in the kid area. Our kids loved them.

We had a great time during our short visit a week ago and the lounge made our stay on Harbor (off property) a little more enjoyable as we didn't have our room at VGC to sneak into...

All machines were working on our visit but they only had the smaller coffee cups for soda.

One upgrade that we noted from our earlier April visit was the new round chairs in the kid area. Our kids loved them.
I noticed on my last visit a couple of weeks ago that they switch from the larger cups to the smaller ones. I only saw the larger ones on my first visit at the end of April.

Do you know how many people we can get in? For example, if my husband and I,(DVC) brought our daughters and their significant others, could we all go in on my scan?

FYI, we visited last week and found BRAND NEW COFFEE MAKERS! Both new units were working at the same time! Whee!! How terrific! (Looks like they gave up on the original units and switched to a completely different coffee/espresso machine type.)

FYI, we visited last week and found BRAND NEW COFFEE MAKERS! Both new units were working at the same time! Whee!! How terrific! (Looks like they gave up on the original units and switched to a completely different coffee/espresso machine type.)
Yeah, the old ones were nice and weren’t cheap (around $4,000 each), and the same brand found in Delta Sky Clubs, but just didn’t want to work right in the lounge.

We were there a few weeks ago and the coffee and drink machines were working fine. Liked the lounge and couldn’t believe how empty it was. Wish they’d provide more than cheezits for snacks though.

We were there a few weeks ago and the coffee and drink machines were working fine. Liked the lounge and couldn’t believe how empty it was. Wish they’d provide more than cheezits for snacks though.
When I was in there recently the snacks rotated between cheezits, pretzels, chips ahoy, Oreos, and lays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter