Disneyland Needs Help

But you also wouldn't like it if someone said that locals drive away the rest of us who would like to visit but they make it too awful. And that for what it costs I'll spend my money, which is more than a local would spend somewhere else. Like I said, I'm not defending disney144, but I understand why this board drives away the friendly, helpful, aw shucks I'll let you cut the line and have the last Mickey bar locals that everyone wants to post here.

If you're thinking of one my previous posts, I was NOT stating that *I* feel that way, I was just giving reasons for why, as I see it, some people might have a bad attitude towards locals. I admire Disney very much as a company and find many of their strategies brilliant. My BS is in business and I find Disney fascinating as a company. I don't have a problem with any locals/APs, tbh, unless they are saying bratty things in the vein of "I'm better than you because I'm a local".

That is honestly all. This board is pretty tame compared to most other forums on the internet, tbh. I'm not sure that people are really being driven away by discussions I've seen.

I take offense to anyone from both sides who talk down to people from the other side. I can care less about Locals or visitors. When I am at Disneyland I and everyone else there are visitors to DL. We are all on the same level and all have the exact same rights to be there and have fun (or not have fun as some seem to be better at). AP holder or not the park belongs to anyone and everyone who has a ticket that day.

I totally agree.

Wow...

I am an AP holder this year for the first time. We aren't local, though, but from the Bay Area. I have never minded the locals. I have never minded the tourists.

DLR doesn't "belong" to the people who call Anaheim home. It belongs to the Disney company. This is not why Walt created the park, and that just makes me really sad for the people who arrogantly think that only they, who randomly live there, can truly be a part of that magical place and everyone else is somehow less.

Locals are not less. Tourists are not less. Everyone is there to participate in the magic and no one is more deserving. Well, I stand corrected. I have seen people there who are obviously part of a Make A Wish visit or persons with disabilities... if anyone truly "belongs to Disneyland" and gets a pass on feeling entitled to special treatment, I'm going to go with them.

Very nicely said!

If you're thinking of one my previous posts, I was NOT stating that *I* feel that way, I was just giving reasons for why, as I see it, some people might have a bad attitude towards locals. I admire Disney very much as a company and find many of their strategies brilliant. My BS is in business and I find Disney fascinating as a company. I don't have a problem with any locals/APs, tbh, unless they are saying bratty things in the vein of "I'm better than you because I'm a local".

That is honestly all. This board is pretty tame compared to most other forums on the internet, tbh. I'm not sure that people are really being driven away by discussions I've seen.
I will say when I got here the anti-AP sentiment was much worse. I'm not saying people were driven away last week. I didn't mean to imply that you were anti-local/AP or that I was defending the other poster. I was just trying to say that if people claimed they had more right to Dollywood than you and that you have a negative impact on your trip you wouldn't like that either. Even if APs pay less in admission per trip and even if they spend less in the parks and even if they never spend a dime one hotel rooms, they still have just as much right to be there as someone who only comes once per year or once in a lifetime. Saying that is not saying that the other guests aren't welcome. People ARE saying that locals/APs are less welcome in this thread and in others.

I think we are all just frustrated by the crowds and need to blame something or somebody. We need to face the fact that DLR will be crowded and make a decision to be polite and enjoy ourselves no matter what the situation is.

I will say when I got here the anti-AP sentiment was much worse. I'm not saying people were driven away last week. I didn't mean to imply that you were anti-local/AP or that I was defending the other poster. I was just trying to say that if people claimed they had more right to Dollywood than you and that you have a negative impact on your trip you wouldn't like that either. Even if APs pay less in admission per trip and even if they spend less in the parks and even if they never spend a dime one hotel rooms, they still have just as much right to be there as someone who only comes once per year or once in a lifetime. Saying that is not saying that the other guests aren't welcome. People ARE saying that locals/APs are less welcome in this thread and in others.

I'm not one of those people and am sort of perplexed as to why your comments have been aimed in my direction, tbh. Disneyland is for everyone, not just APs, not just out of towners.

I replied to a ridiculous comment and apparently you inferred several things about me because of it. You're wrong. I want everyone to go to DLR and have a great time.

I'm not one of those people and am sort of perplexed as to why your comments have been aimed in my direction, tbh. Disneyland is for everyone, not just APs, not just out of towners.

I replied to a ridiculous comment and apparently you inferred several things about me because of it. You're wrong. I want everyone to go to DLR and have a great time.
Not all of my first comment was directed at you. You were just the last person to respond to that poster and you mentioned that you think locals should want the other guests. I responding with examples of the general negativity that happens here. The part about pointing fingers wasn't directed specifically to you. Then after I responded you replied that I didn't disagree with that other poster enough. Then you gave the example that you used to live near Dollywood, so I brought up the hypothetical of someone saying the same thing about Dollywood visitors. Why is it ok to jump all over that other poster for saying they think they're more entitled to Disneyland but it's not ok to tell people they don't need to jump all over people to disagree? If you want to keep going after me like you have been, why wouldn't I respond?

Not all of my first comment was directed at you. You were just the last person to respond to that poster and you mentioned that you think locals should want the other guests. I responding with examples of the general negativity that happens here. The part about pointing fingers wasn't directed specifically to you. Then after I responded you replied that I didn't disagree with that other poster enough. Then you gave the example that you used to live near Dollywood, so I brought up the hypothetical of someone saying the same thing about Dollywood visitors. Why is it ok to jump all over that other poster for saying they think they're more entitled to Disneyland but it's not ok to tell people they don't need to jump all over people to disagree? If you want to keep going after me like you have been, why wouldn't I respond?

You quoted me first. If anyone is "going after" someone, it is you against me. When you quote someone, it generally means you are speaking directly to them.

You're obviously grasping at straws to try to win this "argument" that isn't even happening on my end. I commented because I did disagree with that poster and found their comment preposterous, which other people did as well. I think you didn't understand my comment about Dollywood, tbh, so let's drop it.

Off in the distance in a highly wooded area, old Jeb and his cousin Buddy can be heard playing their banjos:

Dueling Banjos

You quoted me first. If anyone is "going after" someone, it is you against me. When you quote someone, it generally means you are speaking directly to them.

You're obviously grasping at straws to try to win this "argument" that isn't even happening on my end. I commented because I did disagree with that poster and found their comment preposterous, which other people did as well. I think you didn't understand my comment about Dollywood, tbh, so let's drop it.
I didn't go after you, I should have said that it was a general comment. It started as agreeing. It's not that I didn't understand your comment about Dollywood, I didn't think it was a direct comparison to what I was saying. This part "But you also wouldn't like it if someone said that locals drive away the rest of us who would like to visit but they make it too awful. And that for what it costs I'll spend my money, which is more than a local would spend somewhere else." was a hypothetical about Dollywood, not Disneyland, if I didn't make that clear. If you think that your post to disney144 and your "tbh" qualifiers and your last 2 posts weren't rude then I might suggest you re-read them.

Don't forget the popcorn::
while listening to them boys playing them their banjos!​

I didn't go after you, I should have said that it was a general comment. It started as agreeing. It's not that I didn't understand your comment about Dollywood, I didn't think it was a direct comparison to what I was saying. This part "But you also wouldn't like it if someone said that locals drive away the rest of us who would like to visit but they make it too awful. And that for what it costs I'll spend my money, which is more than a local would spend somewhere else." was a hypothetical about Dollywood, not Disneyland, if I didn't make that clear. If you think that your post to disney144 and your "tbh" qualifiers and your last 2 posts weren't rude then I might suggest you re-read them.

I'm not responding to you anymore, I've got better things to do.

As old Jeb and his cousin Buddy set a spell while a restin their phalanges and pondering if in they might just continue with them banjos.

Gisele, your posts are very fitting! I am quite Southern, though I live in Nevada now, haha.

Every day on this board there are multiple questions and complaints. How to avoid locals, the locals make the lines too long, locals got there first and took the fireworks view I wanted and shame on them for spending less money, too. For every 1,000 complaints there's hardly one non-local who acknowledges that we have just as much right to be there as any other paying guest. Then there are posts asking for pictures of all the merchandise available. Really? Who do you think is hanging out on this board (and other sites) offering advice and going around taking pictures of new things as they pop up? You're all welcome, by the way.

I personally could not care less who the other guests are in the park. When I talk to people, out of town guests are great. They love meeting locals, they ask questions, they say how lucky I am to visit, they give me advice for visiting their town, they say thank you, they're the nicest. On this board, it's not the same experience. We get animosity, we got told our money is worth less than out of town guests, we get told we ruin their experience, we get told we have less right to be there. That's a lot of entitlement coming from out of town guests. It's even in this thread. So while I think disney144 is choosing their words poorly and certainly doesn't reflect how I feel about tourists, I have to say that for all of you pointing your fingers at locals, three of your fingers are pointing back at you.

Wow. I can't speak for anyone else, but I've always been incredibly appreciative of the locals here. Locals absolutely have every right to be there. In fact, I'm thankful for you. It is because of the locals that Aladdin is still around...one of my favorite experiences at DLR!

Everyone has a right to be at DLR,.to love it, and to feel at home there. My first trip to DLR was when I was 19 months old. I definitely feel at home there, even if I live on the other side of the country.

Wow. I can't speak for anyone else, but I've always been incredibly appreciative of the locals here. Locals absolutely have every right to be there. In fact, I'm thankful for you. It is because of the locals that Aladdin is still around...one of my favorite experiences at DLR!

Everyone has a right to be at DLR,.to love it, and to feel at home there. My first trip to DLR was when I was 19 months old. I definitely feel at home there, even if I live on the other side of the country.
I second that sentiment!
Only I was 9 years old lol when I first visited thee land of mystery, mayhem and madness....that is as mad as the mad hatter that is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter