Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I think as long as businesses are closed the Gov is not going to let Disney open. I was supposed to arrive today so trust me, I want it to open just as much as anyone. But he won't let Disney open while small businesses are closed and hurting. That would be bad politics and Gavin has his eye on the presidency.

I've been mentally scheduling and rescheduling my DL trip ever since I cancelled my late June trip. I've decide to just 'let it go' and stop even thinking about future dates. It's too much of a roller coaster ride. I'll pick new dates when DL opens because I'm lucky enough to be very flexible and 'last minute'. I know not everyone has that luxury.

The way it's looking, 2020 will most likely be the 'first year in forever' that I haven't been to either DL or WDW. I was at WDW last year and am going again next year. This year was supposed to be a DL year. Sigh.

I hope this is allowed to stay, since it is Disney related even though it is not Disneyland related. The CDC has just banned all cruises in US waters until October. I assume that would apply to any Disney cruise, to the extent they planned on operating in the next two months.

Given the new information about hotel stays canceled through 8/8, I'm tempted to gamble on our 9/8 DVC rental being canceled by Disney.

I've decide to just 'let it go' and stop even thinking about future dates. It's too much of a roller coaster ride
Same. While I haven't been scheduling and rescheduling, there was really a sense of relief over having made the decision, instead of constantly waiting and watching to see what would happen with Disney and CA. I'm not even attempting to guess at when we'll go right now.

No judgment please but I’m debating hopping ship to WDW. My personal opinion but I think at this point comparing the inside of the resorts (if you don’t plan on going elsewhere in the state) the risk isn’t much different.
I’ll keep hanging in there... I think knowing DLR so well helps with the anxiety bc I know every hidey hole and bathroom and so on. Even a rough guess would help.. Like oh definitely not before October or before September etc.

No judgment please but I’m debating hopping ship to WDW. My personal opinion but I think at this point comparing the inside of the resorts (if you don’t plan on going elsewhere in the state) the risk isn’t much different.
I’ll keep hanging in there... I think knowing DLR so well helps with the anxiety bc I know every hidey hole and bathroom and so on. Even a rough guess would help.. Like oh definitely not before October or before September etc.
But how would you get there? If you're flying you're still dealing with an airport, transportation, etc.

Not judging at all! I'm not even judging those who are at WDW now lol. I'm debating the same thing for next year. I went to WDW back in January, and loved it, and said I would try to go every other year. Well, now I am looking at going next year..maybe even in January again. I'll keep my eye on WDW operations. The planning is now more on par with DL since they took away Fastpass+ and the 180 rule for dining. The big issue for me would be that long flight to Orlando from LA...

I'll admit, since our DL trip has now been pushed back and rescheduled 3 times, I had the same thought. If you don't already, I recommend reading disneytouristblog to see his thoughts on going to WDW right now. I think the biggest risk really would be the transportation/flight there and back. In the parks themselves, I think indoor dining is the biggest risk given that COVID is primarily transmitted through the air, particularly those in enclosed environments for greater than 15 minutes of contact with a positive case (not to say hand washing isn't important, it's just a much less common way to catch COVID - hence the recent emphasis on masks). Much as I dream of returning to the DL Blue Bayou, I'm hoping emphasis is placed on more outdoor dining establishments at the resort. Perhaps we should creat a list of all the DL outdoor restaurants (e.g., Lamplight lounge)?

If you don't already, I recommend reading disneytouristblog to see his thoughts on going to WDW right now. I think the biggest risk really would be the transportation/flight there and back. In the parks themselves

We don’t live in California- we’re in Colorado- so we’ll be flying either way which also makes me consider the risk to break even.

I think indoor dining is the biggest risk given that COVID is primarily transmitted through the air, particularly those in enclosed environments for greater than 15 minutes

I’ve thought of this too- even with DL (we loveeeee the Blue Bayou) we were going to stick to indoor.

Hmmmmm, decisions decisions. It‘s also actually much cheaper to stay on site there too which helps...

We have thought the same......and we have never been to WDW before. So for sure no judgement from me! Not having to plan super far in advance is easing my trip planning fears to WDW. LOL

I just pushed our August DLR trip that was a June trip, back to mid September. CM said I have until 9/30 to modify at the existing rate I have due to the DLH being closed now (original June ressie was at DLH)

We don’t live in California- we’re in Colorado- so we’ll be flying either way which also makes me consider the risk to break even.

I’ve thought of this too- even with DL (we loveeeee the Blue Bayou) we were going to stick to indoor.

Hmmmmm, decisions decisions. It‘s also actually much cheaper to stay on site there too which helps...
They also have more onsite options and they have transportation between parks.

Sorry I'm a disney-trip enabler lol :)

Just plan on wearing eye protection when flying.

The other transportation consideration for WDW is to rent a car so you won’t have to worry about buses and the Monorail. The safest WDW resorts will be the ones on the Skyliner routes and drive in your rental to the other 2 parks.

That’s not a bad idea🤔 I may just do that, but idk if I’ll have anyone to go with. Never been so I wouldn’t want to travel alone

Funny I saw this headline in a local paper and I thought they were talking about a local parade (held in the spring) and I was thinking wow they sure decided that early. Didn't even dawn on me that it was THE Rose Parade. Now it makes much more sense.
Do you happen to live in Sonoma County? There is a Rose Parade in Santa Rosa. I used to be in it in High School Marching band.

I am also enabler and I say do it! I think each person needs to evaluate their own situation and comfort level. What is right for one family is not going to be right for another.

With that said, I'm doing the same thing! Was supposed to be at DL July 23-27, now I'm going to WDW for 5 days the second week of August! Yay for Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter