Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

You’re lucky to get a test in CA IF you have symptoms where I’m at. And it takes 2-3 weeks to get your result. No I’m not exaggerating. No way in heck is Disney providing on-demand CM testing in CA when sick people in the same state have trouble getting tested because everything is so backed up. If DLR needs to do that settle in for a very, very long wait to reopen.
That’s really sad! I’m in CT and we “shut down” pretty much at the same time I thought. Here anyone can get a test, and there’s rapid testing drive ups with 20 minute results. I had to have a procedure done back in June and even my drive up test was flawless and I got results in 2 days. It’s horrible to hear testing is still a mess on your coast, I’m so sorry

That’s really sad! I’m in CT and we “shut down” pretty much at the same time I thought. Here anyone can get a test, and there’s rapid testing drive ups with 20 minute results. I had to have a procedure done back in June and even my drive up test was flawless and I got results in 2 days. It’s horrible to hear testing is still a mess on your coast, I’m so sorry

I’m sorry that’s the case for you, gottalovepluto. Thankfully,that isn’t the case here in OC, based on what I’ve seen and experienced. Tons of free testing; I received my results in 3 days when I was tested. It was so simple. And I didn’t even need to be “screened”. Plus I know CVS is doing them drive through. And anyone on KP insurance can get them done for free and easy at any KP testing location. I hope things get better for you!

Unfortunately testing continues to be variable throughout the nation -- even within a city depending on insurances availability and timely results are variable.

What's nice is some CM union continued to emphasize the importance of this for its members, and Disney eventually met them on some of those demands. I am curious to know what type of testing is being done in WDW and how that's been utilized and received by the CM as well as anyone utilizing it. Would be interesting to see how it's deployed at DLR too.

I’m sorry that’s the case for you, gottalovepluto. Thankfully,that isn’t the case here in OC, based on what I’ve seen and experienced. Tons of free testing; I received my results in 3 days when I was tested. It was so simple. And I didn’t even need to be “screened”. Plus I know CVS is doing them drive through. And anyone on KP insurance can get them done for free and easy at any KP testing location. I hope things get better for you!
That’s good to hear! My quote was from last month and I know we’ve had a lot of improvements across the state since then.

Alas the same state testing screening procedures are still in place. Sounds like select healthcare providers can get around them. CVS is not supposed to be giving tests if you don’t screen first. And if you don’t meet CA guidelines of symptoms or work you will not pass their screening as you don’t qualify under CA state guidelines.

Those unused days will be valid through 12/16/21 ~ info on the DL app.

Thanks! I don't have tickets myself, I was just curious. Glad to know people aren't going to be SoL. Unless they can't manage a visit next year. And honestly, I can see how that could happen. Someone getting only a partial refund on a hotel, etc, etc due to closures may not be able to save up that amount already spent to book a new trip. Or a lost job, layoff, illness. A lot of people are going to be hurting for the next year or two.

Thanks! I don't have tickets myself, I was just curious. Glad to know people aren't going to be SoL. Unless they can't manage a visit next year. And honestly, I can see how that could happen. Someone getting only a partial refund on a hotel, etc, etc due to closures may not be able to save up that amount already spent to book a new trip. Or a lost job, layoff, illness. A lot of people are going to be hurting for the next year or two.

My guess is that they will given people directly affected by the closure back in March (there when the parks closed) a partial refund. I would have gone to guest services on the last day and requested such.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from DTD an hour ago. It didn't feel that full at noon! We arrived from the esplanade side at 10, immediately signed up for the virtual lines for World of Disney and Marceline's. We got into Marceline's at 1145, WoD at 1230. Entire time felt very uncrowded. They are doing a great job with crowd control.
Yay!

Just got back from DTD an hour ago. It didn't feel that full at noon! We arrived from the esplanade side at 10, immediately signed up for the virtual lines for World of Disney and Marceline's. We got into Marceline's at 1145, WoD at 1230. Entire time felt very uncrowded. They are doing a great job with crowd control.
I feel like they decreased the capacity in the stores. WOD yesterday was empty to me. Like the line outside is very deceiving once you get in there. Same with the Home store.

I feel like they decreased the capacity in the stores. WOD yesterday was empty to me. Like the line outside is very deceiving once you get in there. Same with the Home store.
They have. I talked with a CM while in line for dress shop on Tuesday and officials wanted them to reduce number of people in stores to allow for social distancing. I think Dress Shop only had 2-3 groups in at a time. She was already bracing for Labor Day weekend!

I think by reducing capacity in stores, they had to reduce overall capacity at DTD. Fewer people in stores means more people waiting outside, so need to keep that under a certain amount to allow for distancing. I think nearly every day this week they’ve reached capacity.

We were there about a month ago, and I didn't feel like the stores were crowded. I thought it was really easy to keep well over 6 feet from other people. I think it is strange that they felt they had to reduce it more.

We were there about a month ago, and I didn't feel like the stores were crowded. I thought it was really easy to keep well over 6 feet from other people. I think it is strange that they felt they had to reduce it more.
Felt the same way. I’ve never felt unsafe inside the stores. So I wonder what made them decide to reduce the capacity?

They have. I talked with a CM while in line for dress shop on Tuesday and officials wanted them to reduce number of people in stores to allow for social distancing. I think Dress Shop only had 2-3 groups in at a time. She was already bracing for Labor Day weekend!

I think by reducing capacity in stores, they had to reduce overall capacity at DTD. Fewer people in stores means more people waiting outside, so need to keep that under a certain amount to allow for distancing. I think nearly every day this week they’ve reached capacity.
Felt the same way. I’ve never felt unsafe inside the stores. So I wonder what made them decide to reduce the capacity?
I'm glad to hear that capacity has been reduced outside in general and inside the stores. The last time we were there (during the last heat wave) was just too crowded outside (nowhere to social distance unless you had a TS reservation). Inside the stores wasn't really "crowded," but because of the heat, people were lingering and letting their kids run around inside the stores. I made sure to mention that in the DTD survey and mentioned it to the plaids before we left that evening. With the new guidelines in place, reducing capacity is a good thing for everyone -- just makes it easier and safer for CMs and guests.

I'm glad they reduced capacity but wish there were a better system in place so people know the crowd level before they decide to head down/head up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter