Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

You know what I REALLY miss....the mozzarella sticks at the Golden Horseshoe! I'm pretty sure they've discontinued them at the Stage Door Cafe as well, which is such a bummer because we would get those and split them for lunch (not the healthiest, but hey - vacation!!)

You know what I REALLY miss....the mozzarella sticks at the Golden Horseshoe! I'm pretty sure they've discontinued them at the Stage Door Cafe as well, which is such a bummer because we would get those and split them for lunch (not the healthiest, but hey - vacation!!)
Yea those were discontinued. Heartbreaking.

@theluckyrabbit I'm being nitpicky on wording...does this mean there are unofficial guidelines that could be used to operate in some manner?
RE: UPDATE: Disneyland President Expresses Disapointment with Progress on Guidelines
I assumed that "new guidelines" meant guidelines that adhered to the new reopening plan ("Blueprint for a Safer Economy"), rather than the previous guidelines, if any, that must have been in place for the planned July 17th opening. Does that make sense?

"Very very shortly' must be better than 'Soon', it has two 'very' in it! :)
I seriously hope you get a new date soon, the not knowing when you can go back is awful.

I have only been to DL once, but for food... I would go for a churro, because I ate my very first churro at DL in 2014 ;-)
The other food item I remember fondly is the bread bowl with broccoli and cheddar soup from Harbour galley.

Don't know if this is new but I found info in the app regarding the reservation system process and new ticket sales
The information about the reservation system isn't new -- that's what's been available on the app and the DLR website for a while now. Not sure how long the ticket information has been on the app. Anyone else know if that's new?

RE: UPDATE: Disneyland President Expresses Disapointment with Progress on Guidelines
I assumed that "new guidelines" meant guidelines that adhered to the new reopening plan ("Blueprint for a Safer Economy"), rather than the previous guidelines, if any, that must have been in place for the planned July 17th opening. Does that make sense?

Did the state ever actually release any guidelines the first time around? As I recall, Disneyland wanted to reopen on July 17, and the state said it was going to release guidelines sometime after July 4, and then it never did, so Disneyland had to postpone.

Did the state ever actually release any guidelines the first time around? As I recall, Disneyland wanted to reopen on July 17, and the state said it was going to release guidelines sometime after July 4, and then it never did, so Disneyland had to postpone.
I don't think they did.
I think one of the things that is in play too is having to shut down again if numbers get too high, even if outbreaks are not related to the theme park. DeSantis pretty guaranteed Disney that he would not shut the parks down again. I think Newsom will not want to do that.
So I have been tracking this for a while. If you look at rankings for the least to most restrictions for COVID, California has been pretty much ranking 49th or 50th for most of this pandemic. While other states have fluctuated based on numbers, ours has mostly stayed as one of the most restrictive states. That is going to take a long lasting economic and mental health toll on our population. We need to start opening.

I wish they would tell use what the reservation system will be now. They know what it’s going to look like. It would be nice to mentally prepare for what it will be like for reservations
It would also be nice to know about park hopping, one way or the other. I'm guessing it won't be available because of the capacity numbers that they will need to meet.

I wish they would tell use what the reservation system will be now. They know what it’s going to look like. It would be nice to mentally prepare for what it will be like for reservations

If it's the same as WDW (and I'd lay money on it), it's easy peasy. I've already used it and have our WDW park reservations for next year.

It's pretty similar to the way you select a date for a one day ticket. There's a 'stand alone' calendar page to check availability before you buy your ticket. You click the date you want to visit and tells you the park availability for that day. If all is well then you go (right away) to the 'purchase ticket page' and buy your ticket per usual. Once you have your ticket on MDE you can then make park reservations for each valid day. You cannot make a reservation before you have a valid ticket.

TL;dr version

check calendar for park availability
buy ticket &/or load ticket to app
make reservation.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter