Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Oh my, let's hear some Friday spec!
(if you can or want to)

Would be fun to see if one comes true :thumbsup2
*below are all rumors I’ve heard from the various groups im on in Facebook*

Someone posted that their husband works at one of the local Anaheim hotels and they were starting to take reservations for early October..she didn’t say what hotel.

Another person said that Newsom has visited DL-if this happened how did us Disney super sleuths miss this??! Lol

Another said they were calling DL about their pass, and the CM on the phone said an announcement is coming “soon” (gah! That word is everywhere lol)

Then of course there are the pictures of CM’s working. The other day at DL, someone posted a pic of workers in casual business-wear out and about. So not just maintenance people.

Someone posted that their husband works at one of the local Anaheim hotels and they were starting to take reservations for early October..she didn’t say what hotel.

Another person said that Newsom has visited DL-if this happened how did us Disney super sleuths miss this??! Lol

Another said they were calling DL about their pass, and the CM on the phone said an announcement is coming “soon” (gah! That word is everywhere lol)

Then of course there are the pictures of CM’s working. The other day at DL, someone posted a pic of workers in casual business-wear out and about. So not just maintenance people.
We also heard Newsom was at DL, and actually heard that he will be there today to make an announcement. LOL. We will see!

We have noticed A LOT more activity in and around the parks. We oursleves have seen it on the Mattercam, plus the photos that Micechat posted has CMs and trucks all over the resort doing work. Pretty interesting!

During Newsom's last press event this week, he made a big point that his daughter's 11th birthday would be on Friday (today). That would be a great birthday present to her (and all of us), if he announced that the guidelines have been finalized and Disney can reopen! Even better if he made the announcement at Disneyland with his daughter by his side. :mickeyjum

I wish I had some of the optimism that some of you have. I hear Newsom might make an announcement and I think that doesn’t mean he is going to let the parks open. His announcement could very well be “Not yet.” Not saying that is what is going to happen just the way my mind works.

I know and that is what worries me... since I cannot see the PH's, I wouldn't be able to make park reservations for enough people because the PHs "don't exist."

Or is that irrational of me? I know Disney IT is crap but I think it could really be a sticking point in this specific example... am I wrong?

Like say they open October 4 or something and say "OK, you can make your reservations starting tomorrow." If I only have my AP on the app, there is no way I could make park reservations for both myself and my kiddo, right?
I'm sorry I'm not explaining this very well :headache:

Editing to add:

Would you recommend deleting the app and just starting over, as you had to do? I guess I could try that....
I get it :) You’re worried reservations will go live, will have to be made via app and you will be out of luck. Definitely a real concern because Disney IT.

I wouldn’t do anything right now personally. I believe there will be a buffer of time between an announcement of opening and when they expect to take reservations. Until then I would expect to see all sorts of IT wokiness as they set up and integrate new systems and I‘d want the dust to settle.

ETA: what is most important though is your peace of mind. If calling IT will give you some peace of mind- do it. Peace of mind is worth a lot in and of itself 😊

Last edited:
During Newsom's last press event this week, he made a big point that his daughter's 11th birthday would be on Friday (today). That would be a great birthday present to her (and all of us), if he announced that the guidelines have been finalized and Disney can reopen! Even better if he made the announcement at Disneyland with his daughter by his side. :mickeyjum
That would be a PR nightmare. I’ve held all you millions of people up so my daughter can have this special moment? Yikes...

I know and that is what worries me... since I cannot see the PH's, I wouldn't be able to make park reservations for enough people because the PHs "don't exist."

Or is that irrational of me? I know Disney IT is crap but I think it could really be a sticking point in this specific example... am I wrong?

Like say they open October 4 or something and say "OK, you can make your reservations starting tomorrow." If I only have my AP on the app, there is no way I could make park reservations for both myself and my kiddo, right?
I'm sorry I'm not explaining this very well :headache:

Editing to add:

Would you recommend deleting the app and just starting over, as you had to do? I guess I could try that....
My tickets are back today as well- update the app and double check yours

I just can't buy the "Newsom goes to Disneyland" rumors at all for many reasons:

1) Optics. The state's still on fire, I can't see the leader of the Republic of California strolling by Alice in Wonderland with people evacuated and/or dying. If he did it previously, his travel is well known and not subject to an information blackout for national security concerns, we would have known. Plus...

2) It's a task he can delegate, visiting a theme park to look at stickers on the ground isn't an efficient way to spend your day.

3) It's not even his role to reopen Disneyland, he'll just put out guidelines and move on. Even those have to be vetted at the county level.

Haha, this is like throwing spaghetti at a wall and seeing what sticks. Someone at that motel decided to take reservations knowing they can cancel them en masse. I bet there's a hotel forum somewhere and they have a Disneyland rumors thread too 😜

Add this as some fuel to the fire... sales manager at a good neighbor hotel and I have been emailing about a little bit of confusion for my December reservation!!!
This is also what i've read through on comments. One person reported that Disney supposedly sent a letter to good neighbor hotels about an announcement...again this is all rumors. I'm trying to read every social media thread to get more info lol I've been on Instagram, Facebook, and Tiktok all morning hahah

This is also what i've read through on comments. One person reported that Disney supposedly sent a letter to good neighbor hotels about an announcement...again this is all rumors. I'm trying to read every social media thread to get more info lol I've been on Instagram, Facebook, and Tiktok all morning hahah
Me too! LOL.

My twitter feed has been open all day in hopes of news.

I just can't buy the "Newsom goes to Disneyland" rumors at all for many reasons:

1) Optics. The state's still on fire, I can't see the leader of the Republic of California strolling by Alice in Wonderland with people evacuated and/or dying. If he did it previously, his travel is well known and not subject to an information blackout for national security concerns, we would have known. Plus...

2) It's a task he can delegate, visiting a theme park to look at stickers on the ground isn't an efficient way to spend your day.

3) It's not even his role to reopen Disneyland, he'll just put out guidelines and move on. Even those have to be vetted at the county level.
Maybe, maybe not. He has traveled all over the state and given press conferences from businesses. He could be down in LA to view wildfire damage and so doing this works into a timeline.

Now I’m not saying I think he necessarily will and I agree like there would be more reports of his actual travel, but I wouldn’t put a great photo op past anybody at this point. (I don’t think he’s “toured” DL though)

I just checked my DVC dashboard and my 10/8-10/9 reservation was cancelled. There were also several open days the following week, so wondering those were cancelations by DVC too. I was able to book 10/22-10/23 as it was showing open. I am still trying to use some banked 2018 points before they expire 11/30, but am losing hope --- no open dates in November right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter