Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

So many people on other threads are talking about All Stars potentially being bumped to other locations. We are booked here for Thanksgiving and anxiously watching and wondering what the next few months will hold. We do not have tickets purchased at this time, so who knows what will happen for us. Hoping people will post their experiences here as the info becomes available over the next couple weeks/months.

So many people on other threads are talking about All Stars potentially being bumped to other locations. We are booked here for Thanksgiving and anxiously watching and wondering what the next few months will hold. We do not have tickets purchased at this time, so who knows what will happen for us. Hoping people will post their experiences here as the info becomes available over the next couple weeks/months.
Two pieces of good news:
  • Disney historically has never made a guest the move to a higher end resort pay the difference if Disney is the one doing the moving. They closed POFQ after travel dropped off post-9/11 and moved everyone.
  • Wherever you wind up, it’ll be at Disney World.
Im in the same boat as you with a hotel reservation (September for me) but no tickets. I do think there’s a good chance they close my resort, but I’m hopeful that we will hear something by next week.

Two pieces of good news:
  • Disney historically has never made a guest the move to a higher end resort pay the difference if Disney is the one doing the moving. They closed POFQ after travel dropped off post-9/11 and moved everyone.
  • Wherever you wind up, it’ll be at Disney World.
Im in the same boat as you with a hotel reservation (September for me) but no tickets. I do think there’s a good chance they close my resort, but I’m hopeful that we will hear something by next week.

We would be fine no matter where we are moved or if we stay at ASMo. I just don’t know what to expect with availability since we are traveling on a holiday. So we wait and see and hope for the best. And continue to watch and read other people’s experiences...

Very encouraging news-must mean Disney is expecting bookings to continue to rise.

Also wonder if the reopening of one of the All-Stars could indicate Disney expects Cheer/Dance Season to fully or partially happen.

Last edited:
Very encouraging news-must mean Disney is expecting bookings to continue to rise.

Also wonder if the reopening of one of the Al-Stars could indicate Disney expects Cheer/Dance Season to fully or partially happen.
Take this for what it’s worth, but we have been emailing about Soccer tournaments that normally happen in February and June and haven’t gotten a response yet. (I’m not complaining- I realize those poor people are probably out of work. Just saying that perhaps there won’t be the typical sports/performance seasons.)

Also wonder if the reopening of one of the Al-Stars could indicate Disney expects Cheer/Dance Season to fully or partially happen.
I highly doubt the dance/cheer competitions will go on as normal. They're opening another Value for the 50th most likely. It is a good sign!

(Also, if they do resume the dance/cheer stuff, ASSp and ASMu could reopen as well)...

Only ASMo has an opening date at this time.

I highly doubt the dance/cheer competitions will go on as normal. They're opening another Value for the 50th most likely. It is a good sign!

(Also, if they do resume the dance/cheer stuff, ASSp and ASMu could reopen as well)...
I’m in the dance world and venue contracts are signed more than a year in advance. If you don’t sign for the following year you lose your dates for the year after that. I can also tell you that all the major events are taking entries for this coming season.

I’m in the dance world and venue contracts are signed more than a year in advance. If you don’t sign for the following year you lose your dates for the year after that. I can also tell you that all the major events are taking entries for this coming season.
Ah, good to know!

So I guess the pushback for Movies is unfortunate. Stinks for anyone who had a reservation in Feb-late March.

Seems likely a glimpse into the state of bookings.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter