Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Is the Love Bug section generally the quietest area of this resort? If so, wouldn't it make sense to get a standard room and request a view of the woods?

We recently stayed in the Mighty Ducks Building 2, 3rd floor...on the back side away from the pool. It was really quiet and it was super easy to walk over to ASMu bus stop and food court.

I'll be staying at the ASMo for the first time in 2 weeks. Originally had the ASM booked but saw that the ASMo had standard rooms available today and switched for the same price, mainly to guarantee a refurbished room. Should I put in a room request? What is close to the buses/lobby?

I'm wondering if if there are stairwells only in the middle of the buildings, where basically the middle of the T is, or do they have stairwells on the each end of the buildings as well. We have a preferred room and would like to be close to the stairs, looking at 101 Dalmatians (Building 1).

Heading to All Star Movies for the first time! Excited about trying a new resort - I think my boys are really going to love the themeing. For those who have gone before, what's your dream room location? We have booked Preferred Room - should we request a certain floor/building? What is your fave thing about the food court? Any other cool things to share?

Just finished a 5 night stay at ASMo. I was a bit apprehensive going into the trip because our last dozen trips we’ve stayed moderate or deluxe. I have to say that this hotel totally exceeded my expectations. We stayed in the Herbie the Love Bug section. The room was gorgeous, though it was a bit tight for 4 of us with the bed down. They did an excellent job providing storage spaces everywhere in the room. The food court was good, and the pool was fun! We lucked out and didn’t run into any large touring groups while there.
The only cons we encountered besides the room being a little tight on space was the soundproofing. We could hear our neighbors above walking and could hear every toilet flush from next door and above. I was also a little surprised at some little things you don’t get at a value, like the little bottles of mouthwash and lotion. These aren’t anything major- just found it surprising.
Overall, we had a great stay and would not hesitate to go back!

Heading to All Star Movies for the first time! Excited about trying a new resort - I think my boys are really going to love the themeing. For those who have gone before, what's your dream room location? We have booked Preferred Room - should we request a certain floor/building? What is your fave thing about the food court? Any other cool things to share?

You’ll love the resort! If your boys like Toy Story, then you may want to request that area. Building 10 is closest to the main building and buses, and if your boys are little, it’s also closest to the kiddie water play area. I personally like the 101 Dalmatians building 1 because it’s close to the main building and is in between the two pools. The main pool is tons of fun with music and games for the kids, and the other pool in the Mighty Ducks area is a quiet pool if you’re looking for less action. If your boys like ice cream, there is a make your own sundae bar in the food court. For Mom and Dad, there are some yummy drinks at the pool bar. We really like the refurbished rooms - two queen beds are such an improvement!

We really enjoy our stays here... hope you do too!

We were in Room 9705 in January. DS4 loved being in the Toy Story section. We had planned on walking around to the other areas, but didn't have time. Our next visit we will! A quick walk to the main building, pool, and playground. There was even a little hidden parking lot around the corner, great because we drove. We didn't hear our neighbors on either side or above, but one evening a loud group outside woke me up. Thankfully DH and DS slept through. A con for the Toy Story building is having to walk right by the smoking area to get to the main areas. We were on the ground floor and really liked that, but didn't request it. Have a great trip!

We haven't been in a few years, but we loved the Toy Story building 10! There was a little cut through right to the bus area which made it very convenient!
We are going in 8 days! But unfortunately there were no preferred rooms available when we booked so I won't be so lucky this time.
You will love it! Enjoy!

Are there lifeguards at the Mighty Ducks pool? Going with a 4-year-old, and fully planning to pay attention to her in the water, but another set of eyes is always a reassurance.

Also, does the Mighty Ducks pool open and close with the main pool? Do I need my MB to scan in through a gate?

Are there lifeguards at the Mighty Ducks pool? Going with a 4-year-old, and fully planning to pay attention to her in the water, but another set of eyes is always a reassurance.

Also, does the Mighty Ducks pool open and close with the main pool? Do I need my MB to scan in through a gate?
Yes,the Duck Pond Pool is lifeguarded.

The Duck Pond "can" have the same hours as Fantasia,but many times its hours will be shorter,but just by a few hours(may open an hour later,close an hour earlier,etc.),but hours will be posted at each Pool.

You do not usually need to scan your MB to get in,but once the Pool closes for the day,the gates are locked and no entry is possible..

Is there a way to see what the daily activities are at the pool ahead of time? Not sure if that's posted anywhere?
Thanks!

Thinking about doing a second stay at Movies. Are there any large groups coming in April 3rd? I was thinking perhaps not since that week before Easter seems to be a busy time, but I wanted to double check with you guys first.

Hi guys!

I'm only staying one night then checking into a different resort. When leaving do I have to "check out" or can I just leave?

I have never stayed at this resort before. Excuse this question, if it seems stupid. How many floors are there, and are there elevators?

Hi guys!

I'm only staying one night then checking into a different resort. When leaving do I have to "check out" or can I just leave?
Usually, it works to just leave. We only had an issue one time with checking in at a second reservation because the first was still "hanging". The front desk at the second resort was able to fix it quickly.

I have searched the phrase "day guest" and found a little information but want more. Has anyone ever added a day guest to All Star Movies? My father decided last minute to go with us, and I will add him on to my room but if I add him onto my plans now I have to purchase 5 day park tickets. I can't afford that, and dad said with his sciatic nerve acting up sometimes he might not make it all five days. So it would be wasting some money. Was this easy to do? Dad just wants to purchase tickets as we go daily even though he knows it will cost more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter