Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

How close is the parking lot to the Lion King suites? The closeness of the lots at Port Orleans is something I love.

How close is the parking lot to the Lion King suites? The closeness of the lots at Port Orleans is something I love.
We were just there last week in the Lion King suites and if you are in building 10 like we were you will be right next to the parking lot.

I didn't select any room request option. It did ask for arrival and departure times. I put in our arrival time as 8:00 am and our departure time. I received a text that our room was ready at 7:45 and what our room number was. Magic Bands worked and we got into our room. It was awesome!!!!
Wow, that must have been great! What part of the resort was your room in? Just curious.

Has anyone tried watching the new Hollywood Studios fireworks show from the Generation Gap bridge (the show that just debuted a few days ago)? I really enjoyed watching the previous show from that bridge. However, since the new show has less fireworks and more projections (which we wouldn't see from Pop Century/Art of Animation), I'm wondering if it's still worth seeing?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a room request in the Little Mermaid section? Initially I was thinking building 7, first floor, lake side since we will have small children and a double stroller. But it looks like that is near a smoking area. Any suggestions?

We got back recently from our first trip to AOA (many pre-kiddo trips to mods and deluxes), and we must tell you...VERY pleasantly surprised! Thank you to everyone for giving advice... we are converted for sure! a few things of note:

1) My questions about whether two full size rented cribs would fit in the bedroom - they absolutely did! We put one between the bed and the window and one between teh foot of the bed and the tv. We folded them up in the morning, and out of the way for us to get dressed/ready. It worked REALLY well and the twins were able to sleep in the same crib formation as home, which is comforting to them. It also left the pathway to the bathroom wide open, which we were trying to accomplish, so that I could shower early and not wake the kids. My mother slept on the sofa bed and folded it each morning when she got up around the same time as me, and having the extra running room for two year old twin boys in the living room was invaluable, as was the 2nd
2) The boys LOVED the theming in our Cars Suite. They don't know a lot of the movies yet, just the Fab 5, etc. But they loved the cars along the path and the pictures of cars in the room and especially the cone lamp shades. We were in building 2 and had a perfect location on the 2nd floor beside the elevator, so short walk to/from buses/pools/main building...all of it! And, not one ounce of noise could be heard from the elevator.
3) Food Court - really our only disappointment. Yes, there is choice, but execution lacked a lot. But we had planned for breakfasts in the room, which we stuck with and only did one lunch and one dinner in the food court, which was fine by us.
4) Pool - our guys loved it and the splash pad specifically! Huge success there. One of my boys loved saying "Hi" back to the Nemo Birds on the roof beside the pool every time they said hello.
5) Lovely little surprises - they boys loved the bug toss into Pumba's mouth in the lobby and finding characters like Eeyore, Hook and Pooh (along with a Country Bear and a Penguin from Mary Poppins) was a huge hit when returning to the hotel from the parks.
6) Buses - never a huge wait and yes, often platforms are the furthest away at parks, but we never found that a problem in the least. Buses were plentiful to come at peak periods and using the large "double" buses made for quick and easy rides. and yes...the "expected time" boards were fully functional.

We will certainly introduce the boys to other resorts over the years, but for now, we think we might just stick with AOA. It served our needs with young kids perfectly and made for a great trip all around!

We are staying in the cars suite in Aug
When you planned for breakfast in the room do you mean room service or did you bring your own breakfast items?

I am currently at AoA for the past week and a half. You can see the fireworks from the Star Wars show on the bridge between AoA and POP, the pool at AoA ad also in the parking lot of AoA. You will not course hear the music or light show that goes along with it which makes it a good show in my opinion.

Don't take my word as gospel, but as far as I know, the only amenities restricted from use by non-resort guests are the pools. Pretty much anyone is free to use the other facilities (e.g. restaurants, arcades, playgrounds, etc.) at any resort. Again, that's just my understanding.

Yes, I have walked across to POP several times during my stay to get a meal or an "ice cream cookie sandwich" which AoA does not have. The only signage in both parks is saying that the pools are only for the specific resport guests of that resort.

There is no room service available at AoA.
Well, that's not 100% true.

While Art of Animation certainly does not have a full room service menu, and wouldn't have anything for breakfast, they do offer pizza delivery to the rooms, as well as a few other items such as wings and some desserts.

We just returned from our trip Friday night. Stayed at AoA 4 nights prior to our cruise on the Dream. First off, have to thank everyone for their helpful suggestions and advice. We were in Nemo 5 and can't imagine a better location. Next to the pool and Animation Hall. We were 6 adults (although my son and daughter-in-law didn't join us until the last night) and I can say we were all very comfortable. I'm used to DVC accommodations, but I can honestly say, I was very impressed and would stay here again.

Does anyone know if the AoA pools are saltwater or chlorine filtered ?

AoA uses a saltwater filtration system in all of their pools. I don't have a link right now but it was in all of the press releases/articles when the resort opened.

Moving over from Sports in the morning in September. We are spending our last night at AoA and spending all day at the pool. Our room may likely not be ready so I'm wondering how much lockers are and how big they are? Just using a small-medium size backpack to hold a change of clothes for me and my son and my phone/wallet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter