Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Checking into AKL CL tomorrow! :banana:Anyone need me to report back on anything? Happy New Year everyone!

Have a great time!!! :yay:

:wave: from the other side of WDW!

Same for us, just Poly. Happy to report back on anything as well.

Enjoy AKL CL!

Hope you're having a great time :goodvibes.

planning a trip for 2019 What is the best CL for 2 adults?

All CLs have their pros/cons, but my favorites are GF RPC, BWI, and Poly. The Poly is my favorite resort overall, but I also love the GF and BWI. With that said, I wouldn't have any trouble staying at any of those three. The RPC & Poly lounges are more spread out than the BWI CL lounge, but I found all 3 to have great food offerings as well as amazing CMs :).

We check in for our first time CL in 9 days!

You'll be there before you know it! Have a great trip :wizard:.

planning a trip for 2019 What is the best CL for 2 adults?

I have 3 recommendations:

1) RPC is one of our favorites. It's certainly also for families (we stay there with our kids), but it's also very lush/pampering and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there with just DH someday.

2) YC CL. We are trying it this July. We stayed in the resort part in the past and knew we wanted to go back someday when our kids were older. We have a lot of experience at the BC CL as we feel our kids have practically grown up there. The YC has a touch of elegance and a more subdued feel to it when comparing to the BC. I think it will be perfect for us now, and I also foresee this being a great one for just DH and I in the future.

3) BWI CL. We've stayed at BWI CL with our kids and this is one CL where we both said it wasn't our favorite place to stay as a family, but we'd stay there again someday without the kids. It had mostly an adult vibe when we were there. I can see DH and I sitting in the lounge enjoying a drink someday. But it didn't have an exciting Disney vibe that we like to have as a family trip.

Happy New year's eve eve from AKL CL. We are all checked in....room was ready before we even got here! Enjoying the afternoon snacks or the CM called it afternoon snacks +. First off, AKL at Christmas is even more gorgeous. Here's a pic of the tree from the lounge.1230181323-1.jpg

We are staying at AKL CL for the first time in July. I can make ADRs in 2 weeks. This is a resort only stay. Any advice on how to plan meals? Typically we do a TS dinner every night, but staying CL this trip I don’t know if I should plan meals the same way. We will have a car, so going to Disney Springs or another resort won’t be an issue. Just looking for some input from those of you that have experience with CL stays. TIA!

P.S. I think my girls are just as excited to stay CL as they are when we go and do the parks. Every time someone asks about Disney, they make sure to tell them we are staying CL in July :rotfl2:.

We are staying at AKL CL for the first time in July. I can make ADRs in 2 weeks. This is a resort only stay. Any advice on how to plan meals? Typically we do a TS dinner every night, but staying CL this trip I don’t know if I should plan meals the same way. We will have a car, so going to Disney Springs or another resort won’t be an issue. Just looking for some input from those of you that have experience with CL stays. TIA!

P.S. I think my girls are just as excited to stay CL as they are when we go and do the parks. Every time someone asks about Disney, they make sure to tell them we are staying CL in July :rotfl2:.

You don't say how many days you're staying...
I haven't stayed at AKL CL (we have an upcoming trip this February) but, from what I've seen on Disboards, there is pretty much enough to make a decent dinner meal. I'm sure you guys will be doing a lot of pool time and activities during the day, maybe plan to supplement that with Counter Service. Boma is wonderful, we haven't tried Sanaa yet, but that's also on our plan for February.
Unless your children want a specific restaurant or Character meal, I would not go crazy making ADRs. Especially if you have a car, you can always escape the bubble and eat in town or DS.

We stayed CL for the first time about a year ago (GF) and had character meal ADRs every day. We really felt like we missed out on the CL lounge food and said we’d never do that again. Our next CL stay will just have one or maybe two ADRs.

You don't say how many days you're staying...
I haven't stayed at AKL CL (we have an upcoming trip this February) but, from what I've seen on Disboards, there is pretty much enough to make a decent dinner meal. I'm sure you guys will be doing a lot of pool time and activities during the day, maybe plan to supplement that with Counter Service. Boma is wonderful, we haven't tried Sanaa yet, but that's also on our plan for February.
Unless your children want a specific restaurant or Character meal, I would not go crazy making ADRs. Especially if you have a car, you can always escape the bubble and eat in town or DS.

We are staying just 3 nights. My girls aren’t really into character meals anymore, however they are intrigued about the new character meal at WL. We are planning to do lots of pool time, so not being tied to many ADRs is probably a good idea.

I'll post the weekly app menu when we get back to the lounge, so you can get a feel for what you would or would not eat. I agree to not make a lot of ADRs. P.S. we are hanging out in Simbas Cubhouse and our kids 6 & 9 love it here. Tons of crafts, most are free some have a small fee. So I suggest it if you have some free time, it's near the pool and arcade.

Happy New year's eve eve from AKL CL. We are all checked in....room was ready before we even got here! Enjoying the afternoon snacks or the CM called it afternoon snacks +. First off, AKL at Christmas is even more gorgeous. Here's a pic of the tree from the lounge.View attachment 372248

Love all the pics, thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

I'll post the weekly app menu when we get back to the lounge, so you can get a feel for what you would or would not eat. I agree to not make a lot of ADRs. P.S. we are hanging out in Simbas Cubhouse and our kids 6 & 9 love it here. Tons of crafts, most are free some have a small fee. So I suggest it if you have some free time, it's near the pool and arcade.
Thank you so much!!!

My girls are 10 and 8. They love crafts, so we will definitely have to spend time at Simba’s clubhouse!

Desserts....none are what is listed for tonight. Was supposed to be fruit tarts and banana rum cake. We got gluten free, vegan carrot cake (if I'm having carrot cake give me full saturated fat and gluten, or its not worth my calories) and brownies. The brownies are SUPER sweet. Plus the staple cookies and krispie treats.

Attachments

• 1230182011-1.jpg
    1230182011-1.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 1230182011a-1.jpg
    1230182011a-1.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 1230182011_HDR-1.jpg
    1230182011_HDR-1.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 60
Already posted this on the WL thread, but reposting here because so many on this thread were so helpful to us in planning our trip. :)

We just returned from an incredible trip to WDW -- 12/20-12/23 at WL, and 12/23-12/27 at BC.

This was our first stay at WL, though we've stayed at every other Deluxe before and every Mod except CBR. We loved the WL and can certainly understand why it has so many fans!

I was initially disappointed because we booked a stay in a deluxe CL room and I had requested a higher floor, but we were placed in room 2003. However, my disappointment faded away once I saw discovered how convenient our room was to the boat dock...we could literally see the boat approaching from our window and race out the door to be out at the dock in about 60-90 seconds. This eliminated the need to stand out on the dock and wait in the rain and cold that we experienced during our trip.

The CL and its staff were absolutely amazing! They were all so welcoming and friendly -- very similar to how we felt about the CL staff at BWI on past trips. We enjoyed the food offerings and the beautiful view of the lobby as well. The fact that they contacted me beforehand to ask if we wanted our fridge stocked, and whether we'd need anything else to make our stay more comfortable, were very much appreciated as well. When we got to our room, our fridge was fully stocked with the beverages I'd requested, and I had a gallon of distilled water waiting for me as well (I'd requested it for a medical device). Incredible service indeed!

Our room was just perfect for our needs. Our D (16) stayed on the pull-out sofa in the living room, and H and I stayed in one of the two queen beds in the bedroom. I know it's somewhat controversial and there are differing opinions on this topic, but we also loved that the Disney theme was still very strong in the decor of our room -- from the bathroom tiles to the carvings in the headboard, to the coat rack, plus the little details in the lobby and the elevator...we're old school I guess, but we really miss those things in the renovations that have taken place in some of the other WDW resorts.

We loved our WL stay so much we actually tried to book a Bounceback stay for the same room category and dates, but it was unavailable. We booked a placeholder stay at the CR, but I'm going to try to book the WL again if an AP rate comes up for our dates.

ETA: Sorry for the dark photos! No future in a photography career for me, lol!

Edited again to add: I was also very impressed that waiting for us in our room was a itinerary for our entire stay, including all meal/party reservations and FP+s that we'd booked (both the free and the CL ones), and all confirmation numbers. In addition, each day we received a "Guide to the Magic" that listed out each of these plans, along with park hours. My H had all this on a spreadsheet, but he was ill one of the days and had to go back to the room so we were without it...but my D had packed the itinerary in her handbag, which was very helpful when the Disney App was down.

Attachments

• IMG_3444v2.jpg
    IMG_3444v2.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3445.jpg
    IMG_3445.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3442.jpg
    IMG_3442.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3443.jpg
    IMG_3443.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 59

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter