Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We’re doing our first CL stay in May at Board Walk Inn. Our flight lands at 8:10pm so im really hoping we’ll make it in time for some snacks before bed 😂 We’ll be on a three hour time change and won’t be tired!
You will get a call about 5 days before your trip from a cast member of the Innkeepers Club. You can ask them at that time to put some of the afternoon snacks and some drinks in your room for you.

At that time of night it's pretty much just desserts in the club lounges which end at 10:00. If you think you'll need something other than sweets it's best to plan on a stop between the airport and WDW or do an advance grocery order so it's waiting for you at bell services.
Oh yes! We've been watching YouTube videos of what's availble when, haha.
You will get a call about 5 days before your trip from a cast member of the Innkeepers Club. You can ask them at that time to put some of the afternoon snacks and some drinks in your room for you.
that would be amazing if they’d do that!!

I’m being tempted by a ridiculous idea…I’ve always wanted to stay at RPC…how is RPC now that GF’s lobby is under renovation? How’s the food? Have the musicians returned? When is the renovation supposed to be completed?

Oh yes! We've been watching YouTube videos of what's availble when, haha.

that would be amazing if they’d do that!!
I would just stay in a standard room the night of arrival. You would save several hundred dollars. Pack your own chips and a couple apples. :smickey: I'm going easy here since it's the CL board. If I was arriving later, I'd go to POP the first night and save $1,000.

Any fellow AP CLers thinking about not renewing their APs. I’m on the fence.
Me too, I have until the end of July to decide. Thinking of maybe only renewing mine and not DH's, but if CL discounts stay at 10% I may not renew either.
Ours expire in early May, I’m still deciding too. We’re fully retired now & spending a huge chunk on big renovation/ home improvement projects we put off over the years. Being retired is also making me evaluate how much we have spent at Disney & what we want to spend there going forward. What I am doing is weaning myself off CL. Last year we did 2 CL & 2 non CL trips. We’re going later this month for 10 days non CL. We have a 10 day CL trip for our anniversary in September, but nothing else planned for this year. I’m still figuring out when we’ll go next year. We have 2 AP vouchers from Sam’s Club a few years ago when the big price increase happened. I’m trying to strategize when to use those.

We do signature meals most nights, so the AP discount helps with that. I really miss the Tables In Wonderland card tho. I always saved a fortune every trip with that. The AP rates on regular rooms is decent. Just not sure it’s enough to offset the cost of the APs, even renewals. Right now I’m thinking I might let the APs lapse in May. Depending when we decide to go next year I’ll either activate the Sam’s vouchers or get discounted tickets from an online site.
This is us too. I am retired and DH is semi retired. The 10% for CL is just not enough reason to renew. I have Tower Club in April after our cruise and a BB BWI in October. BWI is only 3 nights and will add a couple of days before or after. Hopefully by the end of July fall discounts will be out and if CL is still 10% I probably won't renew.
You do have to remember though, only the portion of a room discount that is higher than a general public discount actually can be attributed to an AP savings. It's tempting to do "Disney math" and count the entire thing :)

We are evaluating our vacation dollars also now that we're older and thinking about retirement. We've gone from club level suites multiple times a year to mixing in some cash stays in one bedroom villas. It's definitely different but the cost savings is remarkable.
The Disney+ and Disney Visa discounts have been as good as AP's lately. It is really getting hard to justify the Disney Math. AP discounts are usually easier to get though. I am seriously thinking a one bedroom villa instead of CL if the discounts stay 10% for CL.

We have 2 AP vouchers from Sam’s Club a few years ago when the big price increase happened. I’m trying to strategize when to use those.
I have one left. I think I paid $900. I should have bought more. They include the photopass, too.

Past justification was good deluxe resort discounts, so I always had at least one activated. I have one AP discounted room booked, but it's a mod and the daily discount was more than some of the deluxes. The other booking I have is using a non-AP discount.

Last edited:

Any fellow AP CLers thinking about not renewing their APs. I’m on the fence.
We didn't renew several years ago and haven't gotten new ones. The cost versus savings is just not worth it. It was more of a convenience thing being able to go in/out of the parks when we wanted, but got tired of going on the same rides over and over again.

We're DVC so easy to stay on property with nice accommodations. We do resort stays and enjoy Disney Springs.

I'm not going to renew the AP for my teens since they've only used them once this cycle and they're not interested in going back. I'm still renewing for myself, husband, nephew (technically little cousin) and his mom.

I would just stay in a standard room the night of arrival. You would save several hundred dollars. Pack your own chips and a couple apples. :smickey: I'm going easy here since it's the CL board. If I was arriving later, I'd go to POP the first night and save $1,000.
We actually got an amazing rate and didnt pay anywhere near $1000 a night, so I cannot complain, haha. TA perks ;)

We didn't renew several years ago and haven't gotten new ones. The cost versus savings is just not worth it. It was more of a convenience thing being able to go in/out of the parks when we wanted, but got tired of going on the same rides over and over again.

We're DVC so easy to stay on property with nice accommodations. We do resort stays and enjoy Disney Springs.
For at least a decade our favorite resorts were Yacht Club and Boardwalk. We loved the club levels and the cms so much. Our evening routine always included a walk around World Showcase no matter what we had done that day. This alone was a major justification for the AP.

Then Yacht Club started allowing dogs, which is a dealbreaker for us, and soon after Boardwalk started to feel kind of shabby. Thankfully Boardwalk started renovations but the disruptions and sounds/sights of construction have seemingly been going on forever. We stayed there one final time in the middle of the madness and decided we won't go back until everything is finished, including the Cake Bake mess and now whatever they're planning for Big River.

We switched to the Contemporary and really loved it there. The suites are fantastic, both in the tower and out in the garden wing. Both club lounges are nice and the cms really know how to take care of guests, but those constant walks around World Showcase that were our favorite use for our APs became really inconvenient. That's when we stopped going to parks every day and found other things to do.

Then last month we took a major departure from our usual way of doing things and we tried a one bedroom villa in the preferred section of SSR. I was extremely reluctant about it and the day we got there I almost cried. It's so different from what we were used to. But once I got acclimated, I absolutely fell in love with the peacefulness of the place. Our former daily World Showcase walks were replaced with daily Disney Springs walks. No ticket required, and the food options are endless. We're going back next month and I am excitedly counting the days.

All this to say, I think having APs kind of got us in a rut. It was like we needed to go to a park every day because we could. I think staying club level can kind of do that too if you're trying to get to the lounge to follow the schedule for breakfast and appetizers, etc. Our APs are expiring before the next trip and we aren't renewing, at least for now. I don't know what we'll do in the future. I do know that the trip last month was the most relaxing Disney trip I've ever been on and it was also the least expensive Disney trip we've taken in at least eight years.

I guess what I've really learned is that there are a lot of different ways to enjoy WDW as a whole. So much to see, so much to do, and if the way you're doing it doesn't feel as great as it used to, try doing it another way.

My husband and I are making our own club level experience this trip. We are going the 16th to the 23rd. This is the first trip in a long time I have been unable to get a decent Cast discount on a club level room. I was able to get 50% off a water view room at the Boardwalk, so I took it. Cast discounts are becoming few and far between on club level rooms. We are only able to book 6 months out now and that really cuts down on availability on discount rooms. My husband qualifies for military discounts and we can also get the Disney+ Discount, but club rooms aren’t always available.
So, I will take my 50% off and enjoy making my own experience!

For at least a decade our favorite resorts were Yacht Club and Boardwalk. We loved the club levels and the cms so much. Our evening routine always included a walk around World Showcase no matter what we had done that day. This alone was a major justification for the AP.

Then Yacht Club started allowing dogs, which is a dealbreaker for us, and soon after Boardwalk started to feel kind of shabby. Thankfully Boardwalk started renovations but the disruptions and sounds/sights of construction have seemingly been going on forever. We stayed there one final time in the middle of the madness and decided we won't go back until everything is finished, including the Cake Bake mess and now whatever they're planning for Big River.

We switched to the Contemporary and really loved it there. The suites are fantastic, both in the tower and out in the garden wing. Both club lounges are nice and the cms really know how to take care of guests, but those constant walks around World Showcase that were our favorite use for our APs became really inconvenient. That's when we stopped going to parks every day and found other things to do.

Then last month we took a major departure from our usual way of doing things and we tried a one bedroom villa in the preferred section of SSR. I was extremely reluctant about it and the day we got there I almost cried. It's so different from what we were used to. But once I got acclimated, I absolutely fell in love with the peacefulness of the place. Our former daily World Showcase walks were replaced with daily Disney Springs walks. No ticket required, and the food options are endless. We're going back next month and I am excitedly counting the days.

All this to say, I think having APs kind of got us in a rut. It was like we needed to go to a park every day because we could. I think staying club level can kind of do that too if you're trying to get to the lounge to follow the schedule for breakfast and appetizers, etc. Our APs are expiring before the next trip and we aren't renewing, at least for now. I don't know what we'll do in the future. I do know that the trip last month was the most relaxing Disney trip I've ever been on and it was also the least expensive Disney trip we've taken in at least eight years.

I guess what I've really learned is that there are a lot of different ways to enjoy WDW as a whole. So much to see, so much to do, and if the way you're doing it doesn't feel as great as it used to, try doing it another way.
THIS! Since we've quit going to the parks, our vacations on property have become so much more relaxed. No more rushing for rope drop or trying to make old FP+ (now Genie+) ride times. No more waking up early to mash phone buttons for virtual queues.

My DW recently said that she enjoys our new way of vacationing at WDW much better without the parks.

AP rate. This trip wasn’t planned until a few weeks ago when my dad’s celebration of life date was chosen, so I couldn’t do a BB.

In other news, I realized I overlap the schedule for ICU cheer championships AND cheer and dance worlds team arrivals (2 days prior to competition start for the latter), so I may switch my dates to arrive on the date the day worlds end - they have a party at AK that night, and I’d go to AH at MK after I get there. I know there will be some stragglers, but that might be better than the week before. Problem is…new arrival day is AP expiration day. So I may renew, since I will definitely be there once more later this year, and the ph ticket cost will be the same as renewal for 2 visits. Now searching in earnest for a myo CL room 😂!

AP rate. This trip wasn’t planned until a few weeks ago when my dad’s celebration of life date was chosen, so I couldn’t do a BB.

In other news, I realized I overlap the schedule for ICU cheer championships AND cheer and dance worlds team arrivals (2 days prior to competition start for the latter), so I may switch my dates to arrive on the date the day worlds end - they have a party at AK that night, and I’d go to AH at MK after I get there. I know there will be some stragglers, but that might be better than the week before. Problem is…new arrival day is AP expiration day. So I may renew, since I will definitely be there once more later this year, and the ph ticket cost will be the same as renewal for 2 visits. Now searching in earnest for a myo CL room 😂!
I’m sure you’ll be able to find a great room for your myo CL. Lots of different discounts to check. I just realized that my APs expire one day earlier than I thought, so it’ll be more difficult to squeeze something in without renew. 😔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter