Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Just chiming in with our experiences, stayed in a Tower room Jul 31-Aug 5. Was leery of the reports on the elevator situation and considered switching to Garden, but glad we didn't. Had absolutely no issues catching an elevator at any time - I think maybe 3-4 times total we had to wait for a second car, but each time one came immediately and we were right on our way.

Transportation also was no issue (although we did not RD or stay until park close), we were always able to catch the first bus with no problems. I dare say we got luckier with the buses than on a "normal" trip. On the Monorail, quick temp screens and the "touchless" bag checks were the only things different than normal. The only transportation quirk overall was the night we had dinner reservations at Grand Floridian Cafe at 7:40. Since the monorail does stop running shortly after MK closing, they switch to a bus for the inter-resort (CR/Poly/GF) loop, and we had to catch that on our way back. Per the bus driver, they only have one bus running on this loop, so depending on timing, you may wait a while (we were fortunate and waited less than 10 mins.)

Only did the pool once, plenty of available seats, and while busy did not feel crowded.

For dining, we ate at The Wave twice - once in the lounge and once in the dining room, and had great experiences both times. We did miss the Outer Limits bar - since the Wave is out of the way and they were limiting occupancy in the bar/lounge it would have been nice to have another option for adult drinks. Contempo Cafe was alright, mobile ordering was a little inconsistent; there were times we ordered cold items and waited quite a while and other times ordered cooked items and they were ready in minutes.

Overall, had a great trip, things are definitely different, but overall the CMs at CR were great, very welcoming, and made us feel at home and safe.

I was switched to a CR Tower TPV room from an AKL Standard View room yesterday for our after Thanksgiving trip.
I'm excited but I don't know much about CR as it's never been on our list of resorts.

I've searched this thread already, so I know a little bit about rooms, like request an odd number room to face the MK.
What I couldn't find out definitively is whether there are in actuality King rooms on the TPV side that aren't Atrium or Tower Club rooms.

We'd rather have a King room bc we're traveling with our young son who is in a wheelchair. We don't need an accessible room bc he's too young to use a roll in shower. The extra room would be nice, even though the rooms are already bigger than most.

Also, does anyone know how deep the feature pool is at its shallowest end? We really wanted AKL for the zero depth entry, but I guess next time.

Thanks!

Last edited:

We are here now. Booked a garden room and were given a room in the tower. It’s been a great day so far. Line for the elevator but it moves. We mobile ordered dinner from our room and went down to pick it up when it was ready. Visited the pool last night and it was great. Everyone has been friendly and helpful.
Lines at MK were short yesterday. The heat was an absolute killer with heat index being 110 in the afternoon.

We are in BLT at the end of September in a TPV Deluxe Studio. It's the first time at CR/BLT for us, and we are so excited! For those of you that have stayed at BLT recently, how crowded is the building? Are there long waits for the elevators?

No, it is not running and no reopening plans have been announced. It’s bus only for the foreseeable future.
Thanks for the update GADisneyDad. Does anyone know if the Epcot Monorail is not running due to Epcot construction restrictions or is due to covid?

Does anyone know if the Epcot Monorail is not running due to Epcot construction restrictions or is due to covid?
We can only guess at the moment but the Epcot line was running just fine in March while the construction was active.

It might just be because of the low crowd levels or because it is a longer ride (more than 15 minutes) in an enclosed space with no fresh air. On the buses the roof vents have been open and on the Skyliner the vents are always open. Also with the current monorail capacity limits it is very inefficient in moving large numbers of guests.

Dave

We are in BLT at the end of September in a TPV Deluxe Studio. It's the first time at CR/BLT for us, and we are so excited! For those of you that have stayed at BLT recently, how crowded is the building? Are there long waits for the elevators?
I have been there Easter and Thanksgivings and even then it never felt crowded. There are 2 elevator banks. If concerned the one closer to MK is usually less crowded because most use the other bank closer to CR to get to lobby and monorail.

You get to use both pools too! Dh and I liked having that option.

TPV will have you spoiled lol! That view😍

I was switched to a CR Tower TPV room from an AKL Standard View room yesterday for our after Thanksgiving trip.
I'm excited but I don't know much about CR as it's never been on our list of resorts.

I've searched this thread already, so I know a little bit about rooms, like request an odd number room to face the MK.
What I couldn't find out definitively is whether there are in actuality King rooms on the TPV side that aren't Atrium or Tower Club rooms.

We'd rather have a King room bc we're traveling with our young son who is in a wheelchair. We don't need an accessible room bc he's too young to use a roll in shower. The extra room would be nice, even though the rooms are already bigger than most.

Also, does anyone know how deep the feature pool is at its shallowest end? We really wanted AKL for the zero depth entry, but I guess next time.

Thanks!
The kings are scattered and upon request. Call and add it to your reservation.

When you get room ready text I am not sure if it will say “king” or not in the text, I would call and ask before heading to room. They provide a number with text and just ask for them to check and or move you if needed.

‘I am going to look at my pix and see if I can see pool. If not I’ll be there 8/19-23 so let me know what else you need. It’s just me and dd25 so I will have time to walk around this trip especially with shortened park hours,

I can see a little boy walk in, looks like it either says 1ft, OR 1ft -18”. It is a decent area that is shallow, lots of stairs too.

Last edited:
Just chiming in with our experiences, stayed in a Tower room Jul 31-Aug 5. Was leery of the reports on the elevator situation and considered switching to Garden, but glad we didn't. Had absolutely no issues catching an elevator at any time - I think maybe 3-4 times total we had to wait for a second car, but each time one came immediately and we were right on our way.

Transportation also was no issue (although we did not RD or stay until park close), we were always able to catch the first bus with no problems. I dare say we got luckier with the buses than on a "normal" trip. On the Monorail, quick temp screens and the "touchless" bag checks were the only things different than normal. The only transportation quirk overall was the night we had dinner reservations at Grand Floridian Cafe at 7:40. Since the monorail does stop running shortly after MK closing, they switch to a bus for the inter-resort (CR/Poly/GF) loop, and we had to catch that on our way back. Per the bus driver, they only have one bus running on this loop, so depending on timing, you may wait a while (we were fortunate and waited less than 10 mins.)

Only did the pool once, plenty of available seats, and while busy did not feel crowded.

For dining, we ate at The Wave twice - once in the lounge and once in the dining room, and had great experiences both times. We did miss the Outer Limits bar - since the Wave is out of the way and they were limiting occupancy in the bar/lounge it would have been nice to have another option for adult drinks. Contempo Cafe was alright, mobile ordering was a little inconsistent; there were times we ordered cold items and waited quite a while and other times ordered cooked items and they were ready in minutes.

Overall, had a great trip, things are definitely different, but overall the CMs at CR were great, very welcoming, and made us feel at home and safe.

Glad you had a great time! Thanks for your review :).

We are here now. Booked a garden room and were given a room in the tower. It’s been a great day so far. Line for the elevator but it moves. We mobile ordered dinner from our room and went down to pick it up when it was ready. Visited the pool last night and it was great. Everyone has been friendly and helpful.
Lines at MK were short yesterday. The heat was an absolute killer with heat index being 110 in the afternoon.

Hope you're having a great trip :wizard:.

We have just left BLT after a 5 night stay, BLT was not crowded and rarely saw anyone at the elevators.

Hope you had a great trip :flower3:.

So we just finished a fantastic 9 day trip at CR.
Our last day Saturday 8/8 was the only day of our whole stay where the pool was crowded. They actually closed one gate and were counting heads at the other gate. We arrived at the pool at 1 pm and stayed till 3:45pm .They were down to maybe two chair sets of open seating . We went to the pool daily for a few hours .
The resort felt pretty empty our first 5 days but then slowly noticed more guests. There were actual lines of people our last day ordering from The Sand Bar.
Staff was fantastic! Food was tasty and will definitely be back to CR.

We were downstairs waiting for the bus at 9:15 am . Got into the park by 9:45 . Shut off my WIFI had nothing but the MDE app open . Once we were in line fir Slinky once in the line for MMRR . Got 16 one day and 23 the other . Good luck!!!
One more question :) Are they letting you in HS before 10? I know the "usual" was to let everyone in and meander but I wasn't sure about now.

One more question :) Are they letting you in HS before 10? I know the "usual" was to let everyone in and meander but I wasn't sure about now.
Yes we were in the park by 9:40 ish walked right to MMRR and got in line . We rode and finished by 10:20 . It was running before 10. Slinky didn’t start till about 9:50 the second time we went. So yes rides were running early. Same at AK and MK . We were always in a line moving or on a ride at the posted opening time.

The only strange thing was that we received a voice message tonight telling us not to give our credit card number to someone calling the room. Not sure what that was about??

There was a scam recently where guests were called by someone claiming they were from the front desk and needed to verify their credit card info. I believe it was Contemporary & Poly guests who reported getting these calls, and the calls definitely did not come from the front desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter