Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

One more question :) Are they letting you in HS before 10? I know the "usual" was to let everyone in and meander but I wasn't sure about now.
Just thought that I would chime in and let you know how my HS day went last Wednesday. I was very nervous about getting a BG and we only had one HS day. I just cut and pasted from a post I made in another thread.

8:25 CR bus stop - I was taking no chances! A transportation team leader was
at the bus stop and told us it would be a 20 minute wait for a bus.
8:50 Bus arrived
9:05 Arrived at HS and got in line to wait for temp check/opening
9:15 Got temp check, went through security, and tapstile
9: 27 Restroom break and lined up for Slinky
9:45 Slinky started operating
9:47 Riding on Slinky!!
9:52 Found a bench to wait - longest 8 min. of my life

10:00 DD got BG #2!!

We had a great day!

Yes we were in the park by 9:40 ish walked right to MMRR and got in line . We rode and finished by 10:20 . It was running before 10. Slinky didn’t start till about 9:50 the second time we went. So yes rides were running early. Same at AK and MK . We were always in a line moving or on a ride at the posted opening time.

Similar for us, they did not wait till 10 to start up the ride and we got *done* with MMRR at 9:45a! We got BG 16

Did almost the same thing today. 1st bus from contemporary resort at around 840. In the park at around 920ish, went back to smugglers run and got on 1st at 945. Got off at 956, got on the app and we got boarding group 1! We had three people of our party of 7 trying at once. Wife got it -- I made her screen shot it, wahoo!

It's now 1130 and they still haven't opened the ride or called any boarding groups. I feel like there is no way 2pm BG people will get on this ride.

Last time we got on the ride, it broke down and we got stuck in the docking Bay. It was an awesome place to get stuck even though it was for almost 1/2 hr. We got to browse around the docking bay and take pictures and inspect things and talk to the cast members and stuff. I even took a 360 photosphere while I was in there.

Anyway, as for the contemporary resort bus loading, they really could do a better job at organizing groups so they can manage first come first serve. So many people push ahead without regard to who may have been there before them. I feel like they should hand out numbers or do a virtual queue for that!

Did almost the same thing today. 1st bus from contemporary resort at around 840. In the park at around 920ish, went back to smugglers run and got on 1st at 945. Got off at 956, got on the app and we got boarding group 1! We had three people of our party of 7 trying at once. Wife got it -- I made her screen shot it, wahoo!

It's now 1130 and they still haven't opened the ride or called any boarding groups. I feel like there is no way 2pm BG people will get on this ride.

Last time we got on the ride, it broke down and we got stuck in the docking Bay. It was an awesome place to get stuck even though it was for almost 1/2 hr. We got to browse around the docking bay and take pictures and inspect things and talk to the cast members and stuff. I even took a 360 photosphere while I was in there.

Anyway, as for the contemporary resort bus loading, they really could do a better job at organizing groups so they can manage first come first serve. So many people push ahead without regard to who may have been there before them. I feel like they should hand out numbers or do a virtual queue for that!
We’ve gotten there about 45 min prior to park opening the last two mornings and everyone did well loading in order of arrival. There was also a transportation worker there each morning asking where everyone was headed so everyone knew who was ahead of them. It was more of a free for all when we arrived on Saturday and went to Disney Springs around noon though. Thought it was going to be a rough week because of that (everyone jumping like). Thankfully the two days we went we didn’t have issues. We will see how tomorrow goes I guess!

It has been an amazing week. I’m so glad we booked a last minute trip. Great crowds, no transportation issues (so far) and I feel really safe. My only small complaint is the lack of food options. We’ve had Contempo cafe three times and I can’t eat any more flatbreads 😂
Yeah, honestly my only concern at the moment it's the serious lack of food options all over WDW. Traveling with people who are very picky and so far it looks like it will be burgers every day :(
Many of the places we go to bc they have foods that will work are either closed it they removed the items for the limited menus.
Hope more stuff gets added soon.

Yeah, honestly my only concern at the moment it's the serious lack of food options all over WDW. Traveling with people who are very picky and so far it looks like it will be burgers every day :(
Many of the places we go to bc they have foods that will work are either closed it they removed the items for the limited menus.
I agree. And we used to LOVE Pecos Bills but had it today and didn’t love it. We had a hard time finishing it. Hoping it was just a bad day. We snacked around Epcot yesterday at Food and Wine and ate in Galaxy’s Edge on Monday. We did Sleepy Hollow on Sunday at Magic Kingdom and it was as good as always! We saw a few things opened today shop wise that weren’t open on Sunday (Frontierland) so we aren’t sure if it’s a new opening or it just wasn’t open on Sunday for some reason. New shops have opened at Epcot as well so hopefully things will slowly get better. I’d rather be here this week with the limited food than eating what I have at home so it could be worse for us at least!!!!

I agree. And we used to LOVE Pecos Bills but had it today and didn’t love it. We had a hard time finishing it. Hoping it was just a bad day. We snacked around Epcot yesterday at Food and Wine and ate in Galaxy’s Edge on Monday. We did Sleepy Hollow on Sunday at Magic Kingdom and it was as good as always! We saw a few things opened today shop wise that weren’t open on Sunday (Frontierland) so we aren’t sure if it’s a new opening or it just wasn’t open on Sunday for some reason. New shops have opened at Epcot as well so hopefully things will slowly get better. I’d rather be here this week with the limited food than eating what I have at home so it could be worse for us at least!!!!
Yep! I am sick of WFH and cooking and cleaning up after DH and ds23. Ugh I’m ditching them and meeting dd25 and people are gonna wait on me. I tip good at least🤣

@trishadono have you worked out the logistics for your in-room mini CL experience next week? Never too early to have the drink / snack schedule ready.

Dave

The Polynesian doesn't open until tomorrow so not sure if Disney will be running the boats to the MK.

Edit: Sorry, forgot that the DVC portion is open!:eek:

The Polynesian doesn't open until tomorrow so not sure if Disney will be running the boats to the MK.
Hmm the Polynesian resort hotel (non DVC) opening moved to Oct.4 as announced on July 27th. Officially only Ft. Wilderness and WL CCV & BRV have direct water taxi service to / from MK.

Dave

That’s our biggest concern for our trip next month. Usually, we like to take our chances making only 1 or 2 reservations. This time, we have 5 reservations over 7 days, just to have a variety of choices. Granted, limited choices, but it won’t be burgers and flatbread pizzas every day.

@trishadono have you worked out the logistics for your in-room mini CL experience next week? Never too early to have the drink / snack schedule ready.

Dave
Well it has changed so many times this summer! Literally woke up at 4a and just changed my flight in for this Wednesday,

DD and I will checkin and run for MK! We decided to CG that night after if even just for a beverage and snack. It will feel like cl since it’s just above Atrium CL.

Then we are doing Chef Mickey breakfast the next morning which again will feel cl with that huge assortment delivered to the table. It’s Epcot day and I found out where the pogmosas are and with the food booths will be a fun day. That night we will either bus to poly and head for Tambu then home or go to room and eat treats from downstairs 4th floor, cupcake? Candy apple? Some wine? Yes please!

Friday is Kona for Tonga toast then to HS. No plans that evening. Maybe go to GF to Enchanted rose for a glass of bubbly?

Saturday head to MK and have CG that night. Midday pool I hope and a rum something poolside.

‘Sunday a quick hour in MK then back to the resort to head home.

I think we can work in our favs. We love exploring the mono resorts and we will have time to do so. We are used to mobile ordering if we need a snack at anytime.

I did buy Dunkin Kcups for the morning so I can 👀 !

For the room we will grab snacks as we see them. I do love chocolate covered strawberrries or pineapple if they are in season! Yum!

Fantasia Market should have some nice wines to choose from. I have a wine opener and a champagne stopper if needed.

I think our evening watching the castle from our bed is what she is looking forward to most! A treat and a glass of something and it will feel like our 1st trip in Atrium cl. Can’t wait!

Ok back to bed for me.

A little late on this, but spent one day/night at CR (GW/GV) on Aug. 4-5. Little trip report for those interested:
  • Didn't do parks, just hung at the resort, ate out at DS, BW and Poly.
  • First time staying at CR. LOVED the GW/GV rooms. When we got our room assignment, it was first floor but wasn't a great view (faced in towards the garden/greenery on the left U side of the building). Called and asked if they had any water view rooms. Got one facing the channel/beach on the left side of the top section. So quiet and peaceful with the boats going by, but also a super easy walk to the pool and main building.
  • Felt extremely safe the entire time. Got our temps checked no less than 6 or 7 times (everytime we got on the monorail and everytime we ate at a full service restaurant). Vast majority of people were being good about masks.
  • Pool crowds were very manageable. Easy to remain socially distanced and plenty of chairs available.
  • Ventured over to Poly and GF. It was eery. Both were very very quiet. GF in particular was a ghost town. We were the only people that I saw in the entire main building. I was a CM for two years and have been to Disney hundreds of times. Never seen anything like it.
All-in-all it was a fantastic short visit. Was a fun experience staying at the CR for the first time, and the GW/GV rooms were perfect for our purposes.

A little late on this, but spent one day/night at CR (GW/GV) on Aug. 4-5. Little trip report for those interested:
  • Didn't do parks, just hung at the resort, ate out at DS, BW and Poly.
  • First time staying at CR. LOVED the GW/GV rooms. When we got our room assignment, it was first floor but wasn't a great view (faced in towards the garden/greenery on the left U side of the building). Called and asked if they had any water view rooms. Got one facing the channel/beach on the left side of the top section. So quiet and peaceful with the boats going by, but also a super easy walk to the pool and main building.
  • Felt extremely safe the entire time. Got our temps checked no less than 6 or 7 times (everytime we got on the monorail and everytime we ate at a full service restaurant). Vast majority of people were being good about masks.
  • Pool crowds were very manageable. Easy to remain socially distanced and plenty of chairs available.
  • Ventured over to Poly and GF. It was eery. Both were very very quiet. GF in particular was a ghost town. We were the only people that I saw in the entire main building. I was a CM for two years and have been to Disney hundreds of times. Never seen anything like it.
All-in-all it was a fantastic short visit. Was a fun experience staying at the CR for the first time, and the GW/GV rooms were perfect for our purposes.
Did they play music at the pool?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter