• Controversial Topics Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a one-night stay booked at ASMo at the end of April. After that night I'm switching to AKL for the rest of my stay. But I've started wondering if I'm going to be able to deal with ASMo for even that one night. I've stayed at the All Stars only once before--many many years ago--and spent several sleepless nights, since the room-to-room and corridor-to-room noise was relentless.

My question is: Is the noise factor at CSR any better? Or are the walls there paper-thin as well? It'd cost me another $70 or so for that night, so the expense isn't insignificant, but if I'd be in a quiet spot, I'd be much happier. Thanks if anyone can offer their experiences.

I have a one-night stay booked at ASMo at the end of April. After that night I'm switching to AKL for the rest of my stay. But I've started wondering if I'm going to be able to deal with ASMo for even that one night. I've stayed at the All Stars only once before--many many years ago--and spent several sleepless nights, since the room-to-room and corridor-to-room noise was relentless.

My question is: Is the noise factor at CSR any better? Or are the walls there paper-thin as well? It'd cost me another $70 or so for that night, so the expense isn't insignificant, but if I'd be in a quiet spot, I'd be much happier. Thanks if anyone can offer their experiences.
Yes. waay better. I was there last week and was very impressed by this resort. Do you want Motel 6 or Hilton Garden Inn?

Yes. waay better. I was there last week and was very impressed by this resort. Do you want Motel 6 or Hilton Garden Inn?
I want quiet! It's just for a night and I'm moving over to savanna-view at AKL after, but I do want to sleep.

I think CSR is very quiet! Sometimes you can hear random noise but I imagine it's a lot better than ASMo. I like Casitas or Ranchos.

Checking in on Saturday (GDT) and can't wait!

I think CSR is very quiet! Sometimes you can hear random noise but I imagine it's a lot better than ASMo. I like Casitas or Ranchos.

Checking in on Saturday (GDT) and can't wait!
Look, you guys are selling me on this! I will report back when I change the rez!

For some context, my favorite resorts are Wilderness Lodge and CSR because of the ambiance and how low key they are. I always comment that Casitas and Ranchos (which are toward the back of the grounds) are so peaceful. Hope you enjoy!

Does anyone know what time the buses start running at CSR? We have BOG reservation Saturday at 8:10 and want to try to get to HS for rope drop on Sunday. Is this possible?

Definitely possible. Buses start running by 6:30AM every day with the following exceptions. If MK opens at 7AM they start rolling for MK just before 6:00AM. The buses for HS started running at 5:00AM when it was opening at 7:00AM. But now that they have switched to 8:00AM opening, they start rolling by 6:00AM.

For some context, my favorite resorts are Wilderness Lodge and CSR because of the ambiance and how low key they are. I always comment that Casitas and Ranchos (which are toward the back of the grounds) are so peaceful. Hope you enjoy!
I did indeed change my rez and will be at CSR for my one-night stay! I'm now looking forward to this part of the trip instead of being worried about it! Thanks so much to everyone who contributed to this good decision!

Special thanks to @artinlife and @sara_s for your assistance.

I booked a water-view room. Is there anything I should indicate at online (or in-person) check-in? I searched but can't find out what the choices are and also, since I've never stayed here, I'm not really sure what to ask for.

Many thanks again.

I usually check in online via MDE and then you’ll get the options in a drop down menu. If you’re having trouble finding it, I can post a screen shot when I get home today.

I usually check in online via MDE and then you’ll get the options in a drop down menu. If you’re having trouble finding it, I can post a screen shot when I get home today.
Thanks, @sara_s. I didn't make myself clear. What I meant was what options will I have and what should I potentially ask for with a water-view room. Because not only don't I know what the choices will be, but I also wouldn't know what to ask for!

I should just have Baby Yoda help me!

I have had such a great stay at Cabanas 8B and it is my last night, so sad. I’ve been here a week and the buses have been absolutely fantastic. I’ve waited an average of 5 minutes and I have been utilizing the buses at all times of day. The longest I waited was 15 minutes. Today after MK closed, they squished people onto a bus and as it pulled out another CSR bus pulled in.

I like the Cabanas location better than Ranchos but the walls seem a bit thinner. Still not an issue, I don’t hear noise from guests but I can hear the pipes more (showers specifically). Mousekeeping has been superb and I’ve come back to towel animals or art multiple times, I will post some pictures when I am back from my trip. Guests here are so polite and there is never any running around or screaming or crying, I have nothing bad to say. Except my flight is pretty late so the Magical Express is scheduled 4hrs ahead of time, no thanks I will have to shell out for an Uber:worship:.

I just can't seem to make up my mind!

What started as an All Stars Music reservation became an All Stars Sports reservation just became a Coronado Springs reservation!

Got a great last minute passholder deal for my visit next week. This will be my first time ever staying at the resort. It looks gorgeous and I don't mind the non-kid feel. That's what I like about Aventura at Universal. I can feel like a kid at the parks.

Can't wait to try the temple water slide.

I was able to get an awesome deal!! I was booked at FQ, but switched to CSR. We stayed once before with my oldest and her family. I am excited to go now that construction is complete.

Got a stay coming up at the end of the month! Two quick questions:

1) I know back in July when GDT opened, Disney was saying the smart TVs in the tower rooms would be rolling out to the rest of the rooms across the resort by the end of that year/early this year. I assume that hasn't happened, correct? Any feedback on the smart. TVs for those who just stayed at GDT? No Disney+ capabilities yet, right?

2) Are there any standard rooms in the Casitas sections or are they all preferred? Any room request recommendations (we're in a standard room as of now)?

Thanks!

1) I know back in July when GDT opened, Disney was saying the smart TVs in the tower rooms would be rolling out to the rest of the rooms across the resort by the end of that year/early this year. I assume that hasn't happened, correct? Any feedback on the smart. TVs for those who just stayed at GDT? No Disney+ capabilities yet, right?

2) Are there any standard rooms in the Casitas sections or are they all preferred? Any room request recommendations (we're in a standard room as of now)?

Thanks!

I can't answer for #1, but I do know that there are standard rooms in Casitas buildings 4 & 5, 1,2,& 3 are preferred. We normally book a standard room and request building Casitas 4 :)

Thanks!

Yes, the tv's in Casitas were updated when we were there in September. Casitas 1-3 are preferred but 4-5 are standard.

Thanks!
On the TV front, the smart TVs are everywhere but they never work for us. We follow all the instructions and usually can’t cast/stream anything. The only time we’ve gotten it to work is while staying in GDT. Took about 15 mins but somehow it started working last night to cast YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter