Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what the pool hours are right now? We’ll be there in a week. 😄 also does the hot tub have the same hours as the pool?

1) Has anyone slept on the sofa bed in the GDT deluxe suite? Comfortable or not?
2) What is the parking situation like for the tower? Is it easy or difficult to find parking and how long of a walk is it from parking to the tower?
Thank you.

I just changed our reservation from AOA to CST. We will be staying 11/29-12/5 - 2 adults 3 kids (9,7,1) in a standard room. Moving resorts saved me $1000 but I'm starting to regret my decision. Help me not regret this!

I just changed our reservation from AOA to CST. We will be staying 11/29-12/5 - 2 adults 3 kids (9,7,1) in a standard room. Moving resorts saved me $1000 but I'm starting to regret my decision. Help me not regret this!

Even if it cost us $1000 more I would jump all over the switch from AoA to CSR. Like we wouldn't be able to make that switch fast enough.

Wait, what am I missing? I thought AoA was a value and CSR was a moderate. The moderate resort is less than the value resort in this case?

Wait, what am I missing? I thought AoA was a value and CSR was a moderate. The moderate resort is less than the value resort in this case?
You can get Deluxe rooms for less than AoA in many cases. Especially when AoA gets a 10% discount and a Deluxe 30% (for example only, not saying those are the exact discount % right now)

What has everyones experiences been getting access to their rooms early? We are arriving around 11am at the resort and will check in when we get there (we can't have our magic bands shipped because we're in Australia).
We were planning on swimming for a few hours while waiting for our room then once we have access to the room heading there for a shower before being at MK at about 4/4:30.
My question is - is it likely we'll get in before 3pm if we ask at checkin? It would be ideal if we could!

What has everyones experiences been getting access to their rooms early? We are arriving around 11am at the resort and will check in when we get there (we can't have our magic bands shipped because we're in Australia).
We were planning on swimming for a few hours while waiting for our room then once we have access to the room heading there for a shower before being at MK at about 4/4:30.
My question is - is it likely we'll get in before 3pm if we ask at checkin? It would be ideal if we could!

When you arrive, ask if your assigned room is ready. If it is not, ask if there are any rooms in your booking category that are ready. We usually arrive before Noon and are able to get into a room right away probably 75% of the time.

You can get Deluxe rooms for less than AoA in many cases. Especially when AoA gets a 10% discount and a Deluxe 30% (for example only, not saying those are the exact discount % right now)
There is SO much I don't know! Thanks for the clarification!

I’d pick CS over AoA 10 times out of 10. There are no areas where I’d pick AoA over CS. So I think you made a huge improvement
I'd have said the same thing a year ago but for us with the addition of the Skyliner its not quite as clear of a decision. We tend to spend most of our time in the parks and little at the resort so where we actually stay isn't quite as important as it may be to others that plan to spend a lot of time at the resort. The ease of transport on the Skyliner was a great addition on our last trip, way quicker and more relaxing than waiting for buses, and then cramming in standing room only, and we said that it was a bit of a game changer in choosing where to stay. We may just choose the value (AOA or more likely Pop) over a moderate.

Haven't stayed at CSR since before the tower. I've read that check-in for all (even non-tower rooms) is in the Tower. Correct? Does DME still drop you off in front of El Centro or in front of the Tower?

Haven't stayed at CSR since before the tower. I've read that check-in for all (even non-tower rooms) is in the Tower. Correct? Does DME still drop you off in front of El Centro or in front of the Tower?
Check in is in the Tower for the entire CSR
Drop off is at check in. Or at the Tower.

Welcome to The Disney’s Coronado Springs FAQ Thread

INTRODUCTION

**RESORT RE-IMAGINING**

In February 2017 exciting new changes to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort were announced. A full renovation of the resort began in early 2017. Rooms in each building will be stripped of all current furnishings and finishes. Features of the new rooms include hardwood-look laminate flooring, new beds (2 Queens or 1 King) with raised frames allowing for luggage storage under the beds. Large LED TVs and granite topped desks with clothing storage. A full sized electronic safe that can store most laptops. A completely renovated bathroom with double sinks and glass doored rain showers.

As of August 2017, Ranchos 7A (opened in April 2017) and Cabanas 8A (opened in June 2018) have been fully renovated. Casitas 1 and 3 are currently under renovation (They closed in late June).

To make way for a new 15-storey, 500 room tower, Cabanas 9B has been demolished. Work has begun on the tower, with the foundation being laid this summer. The tower will connect to the El Centro complex and the Convention Center. Additional resort enhancements include a restaurant atop the new tower which will offer fireworks viewing, an over-water restaurant in the middle of Lago Dorado, and various new bridges and floating gardens. The resort re-imagining is currently estimated to be complete by Summer 2019.

ry%3D400

Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is a moderate resort located in the Animal Kingdom Resort Area of the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista Florida. The resort was inspired. The resort draws inspiration from 16th century explorers like Francisco Vázquez de Coronado and the quest for the Seven Cities of Gold. It celebrates the culture and architecture of Mexico and the American Southwest.

ry%3D400

The resort opened on August 1, 1997 and features 1921 rooms spanning 125 gloriously landscaped acres. In the centre of the resort is Lago Dorado, a man-made lake around which the resorts three sections are situated. These sections are known Casitas, Cabanas and Ranchos. It also features a main building known as El Centro that houses registration, concierge, bell services, shops and restaurants. Coronado Springs is the only moderate convention resort and boasts an expansive convention centre. Tucked into lush tropical foliage you will also find a Mayan pyramid with waterfall cascading into a crystal clear pool.

ry%3D400

ARRIVAL AT RESORT

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

As you pull into Coronado Springs you will be greeted at the security booth and directed to self-park (if you have your own vehicle) or you will be dropped off at the portico and told to proceed to registration. The first building you enter is El Centro. You will be greeted by a lovely fountain under a domed roof with an intricate mural. To your right is Bell Services, Registration and Lobby Concierge. To your left is Panchitos (the resort shop) and the El Centro restaurants (Café Rix, Rix Lounge, Pepper Market, Maya Grill and Las Ventanas). Straight ahead there are doors that lead you out to the Lago Dorado Promenade and Laguna Bar.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

On arrival you will want to head to your right and Registration. As with all other Walt Disney World Resorts there are two queues: one for those guests that have checked in online and one for those guests that have not. You will be given a resort map and your room will be located in one of three sections (which I will go into more detail about in a later post). If your room is not ready, the CM at the desk will ask for a cell phone number so that you can be notified by text message. If you have the My Disney Experience App installed on your smartphone, your room assignment will be visible on the app once your room is ready. Alternatively, the Cast Members will provide you with a number to call to check on your room status if you don’t have the app or do not wish to receive the text message notification.

ry%3D400

You will also be given the opportunity to store your baggage with Bell Services. Once your room is ready, they will bring your bags to your room. If your room is ready on arrival, Bell Services will also offer to drive you to your room in a golf cart and assist you with bringing your luggage to the room. You are welcome to refuse these services, but if you do you will have to either walk, or drive your own vehicle to your room location.

With the full launch of MyMagic+ you will also receive your MagicBands. These RFID enabled wrist bands allow you to open yours resort room door, charge items to your resort room account, enter the theme parks, access your FastPass+ reservations and debit your Dining Plan credits (if applicable). If you have a package with theme park tickets, your passes should be synced to your MagicBands. If you don’t have tickets yet, Lobby Concierge can assist you and walk you through the process of linking the tickets to your MagicBand.

If you have your own vehicle you will be provided with a parking pass for the length of your stay. Simply display it on your dashboard. This pass also allows you to park for free at any of the theme parks.

Does anyone know what time the buses start running at CSR? We have BOG reservation Saturday at 8:10 and want to try to get to HS for rope drop on Sunday. Is this possible? We arrive tomorrow and I'm worried about the bus situation with the reported crowds being so high!.

Does anyone still update the initial post about this resort? Specifically the changes since GDT opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter